My trackday report from the Streets Of Willow

(Nijinsky3 @ Nov. 01 2006,08:05) You did edit out the gay wrist thingy at the end right?
wow.gif
"gay"
rock.gif

That's the terrible towel!!!!
muscle.gif

(Devil Dog @ Nov. 01 2006,08:07) Very nice....you should invite me sometime....
You're always invited!!!
beerchug.gif

It was no secret I was going, made more than a few posts about when I wa going
race.gif
muscle.gif

(Sloto200 @ Nov. 01 2006,08:08) Looks like fun.  I'm still waiting to see if i'm going to get Stationed at Edwards AFB or not.  I should find out in the next week or two.  Will definately have to check out this track!  Looks like you were doing just fine on the busa!!!  
bowdown.gif
You'd be right next to the racetrack!

Plus Willow Springs big track is co-located. Its a much faster course than the streets.

cool.gif
Charles...kinda sucked on the first 2 laps till the guy caught you
tounge.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 01 2006,08:23)
(Nijinsky3 @ Nov. 01 2006,08:05) You did edit out the gay wrist thingy at the end right?
wow.gif
Nope and it is REALLY gay  
ices_rofl.gif
You watch the whole video and all you can comment on is the terrible towel
rock.gif

pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 01 2006,08:26)
cool.gif
Charles...kinda sucked on the first 2 laps till the guy caught you
tounge.gif
Yeah, I shoulda looked behind me. I really was "taking it easy" to warm-up my tires, but he was REALLY "taking it easy". I guess its the difference between slicks and street tires and their warm-up times.

Looking good Charles.
bowdown.gif
Right now I bet the video guy is saying that he hates Busas. The only time he was right behind you was the slow turns. You left him stand there alone everytime you opened her up. I guess he should have been on something that wasn't green.
wow.gif

(jwcfbd @ Nov. 01 2006,08:42) Looking good Charles.  
bowdown.gif
  Right now I bet the video guy is saying that he hates Busas.  The only time he was right behind you was the slow turns.  You left him stand there alone everytime you opened her up.  I guess he should have been on something that wasn't green.  
wow.gif
Naw, he's a racer supplementing his income. He had 2 bikes a 600 and a liter bike. He parked the 600 and jumped on the liter bike when he saw the busa
tounge.gif

Everytime I passed him he was waving me by, everytime he passed me I had no idea until he was there.
biggrin.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 01 2006,08:34)
ices_rofl.gif
rock.gif

pissed.gif
Yes and the first wave wasn't bad...but that "other" one  
argue.gif

Looks like  ya had some fun...till that damn traffic would pop up  
mad.gif

Absolutely awesome video. Easy download too. You guys seemed to be passing everyone. Dumb question: are you guys super good, are the other bikes in a lower class? I loved the shot where you cut the inside line right by a guy. He had to be thinkin' Oh crap!". Again, well done and thank you for the video.
bowdown.gif
smile.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 01 2006,08:59)
(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 01 2006,08:34)
ices_rofl.gif
rock.gif

pissed.gif
Yes and the first wave wasn't bad...but that "other" one  
argue.gif

Looks like  ya had some fun...till that damn traffic would pop up  
mad.gif
Yeah, Street group was really slow. I bumped up to Sport group on my 4th-7th sessions. Good thing was there were no really slow riders. Bad things were;

this guy on a motard was a little unsafe and not paying attention, I pitted and let him get half a lap away

When I caught up to a rider who was just a little slower than me, it was impossible to safely pass even though I was faster. So I'd just pit for 10seconds and head back out.

(turbojonn @ Nov. 01 2006,09:09) Absolutely awesome video. Easy download too. You guys seemed to be passing everyone. Dumb question: are you guys super good, are the other bikes in a lower class? I loved the shot where you cut the inside line right by a guy. He had to be thinkin' Oh crap!". Again, well done and thank you for the video.  
bowdown.gif

smile.gif
It was the Street group(beginner group). After that session they bumped me up to Sport group(intermediate group).

Great times man!

Congrats on the bump, I am still in the Beginner group. No passing except on the straights........

One other note,  my Mom came along to see what a trackday is all about.  I figured I could point out how SAFE trackdays are compared to the street,

but

wouldn't you know it?

There were more crashes than my other 2 trackdays combined.  Not me of course.  So much for the SAFE argument....  
tounge.gif

Though I did have a close call with a gixxer 1000.  I passed the guy, then under braking for the next turn he was trying to stay with me and actually swerved wide towards me!!  I had to take a coned off paved portion to avoid contact.  I don't know what he was thinking!!

The biggest drama of the day involved a pretty high speed crash, no serious injuries.  A guy I know passed a newbie on the 1st half of back straightaway after the bowl.  Then her handle bars made contact with his rear tail fairing as he was braking for the faster esseses at the end of the straightaway.  She lost it and crashed.  When I went by she was pounding the ground in anger!  The guy on the gixxer is a really cool and nice guy, he was thinking about helping her get her bike back together.  He such a nice guy, I wanted to let him know that it wasn't his fault.  She didn't brake in time for the esseses.  But he knows what its like when you don't have much money and its your first bike and he will probably help her out.  I'm just worried about liability issues if he helps her at all.

(vman1300 @ Nov. 01 2006,09:25) Great times man!

Congrats on the bump, I am still in the Beginner group. No passing except on the straights........
Thanks, it was a blast!

We all know you're fast enough for the intermediate group
biggrin.gif

race.gif

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET thanx for sharin

I've got to go do a track day 350+ miles to the closest thats the part that sucks

I noticed you were not getting passed by anyone other than the camera guy!

Great riding, you are Da Man!
bowdown.gif

Back