Vir trackday report

vman1300

Never Forgotten
After months of waiting this day finally arrived.

Juggler, Alan signed up a few months back and being the "I just need a reason to hit another track day" type of guy I am, I registered as well.

I also talked a few guys into joining us. Chris from the shop and Reid from the R1-Forum made the journey.

The day started with temp in the low 70's and forcast highs in the 80's. A great day to learn a new track.

The 1st session was a eye opener, this is a very techinal track. One tight turn right after another. Us Busa guys are gonna be in for a workout.

By the 3rd session, I was learning more and more. I was able to scrape my knee in a couple of places.

In turn 6, I was scraping the puck all the way around the corner. For 5-6 seconds, I would here a solid scrape. I know some of the guys I ride with do this all the time, but I do not think I will ever get over that sound.

I also hit in turn 10, a very high speed sweeper, probably 110 mph....man I was flying...or so I thought, until a control rider wheelied past me, lol

I spent the last sessions working on my RH turns. I still do not think I hit a correct line in a right hander 2 laps in a row. They are tough.

The rest of the crew was doing well also.

Reid and Chris were flying in the I group, maybe some day I will get to join ya....

Alan was all smiles and you could not knock the grin from his face with a 2 x 4.

See what I mean bro? You are hooked now....

Over all we had a awsome day.

The only down side for me, my tranny popped out of 2nd gear twice. The start of many more times to come I am sure, if I dont have some repair work done.

I have been looking for a reason to add a little hp, now I have a reason, lol.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152527243 -->

Bikes at rest.

vir1.jpg

A few susprise guest.

Brian(zukracer) and friend made the trip to say hey.

It was great seeing you buddy!

vir2.jpg

Chris....

Him and Alan both sported the same bike number........  666!

I need to have a word of prayer with those two.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152528832 -->

vir4.jpg

Allen's rear....

I watched this strip get smaller and smaller as the day went on.... great job, you were riding well!

vir9.jpg

Way to tear it up busa-style, vman! I love seeing busa's at the track. didja get any action shots from track photographers? Tire warmers! Man, u ARE serious!
biggrin.gif
Are those Power RACE tires? I've seen the tread before but can't remember which brand

Way to tear it up busa-style, vman!  I love seeing busa's at the track.   didja get any action shots from track photographers?   Tire warmers!  Man, u ARE serious!  
biggrin.gif
  Are those Power RACE tires?  I've seen the tread before but can't remember which brand
I did buy a disc from pics of you. There are the track photo group of NESBA.

Those last three shots were from them. I finally got a shot of my knee on the ground, woo hoo!

The warmers actually will pay for themselves in eliminating cold tearing of the tires. Plus the piece of mind they provide.

The tires are from Michelins 2004 race line, Pilot Race. I was using a soft front and a medium rear.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152449599 -->

Great pics! I really want to do a track day... the is one at Jennings that I think I will be doing in Sept

It was definitely a blast. The downside? Getting lapped by the VMAN! Actually it was pretty cool when Kevin would blow by me, and I could watch his riding technique from behind.

Kevin makes it look easy, but throwing the Busa around a twisty track tires you out. It was my first time on a track, and it was an incredible time. I urge everyone out there to try it sometime.

Back