Trackday photos from Big Willow

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
gtrpimp76, Lamb busa and I hit Big Willow and had a good time, mostly...  Lamb had some issues.  First his radiator had a leak just below the cap.  Used some sealant to kinda fix it up, enough to get out and ride.  Then he crashed on the last session on the last lap  
sad.gif
 He's fine, sore ankle and some broken bike parts, but otherwise not too bad.

I ran off the track at turn 2 in the first session. Stupid mistake. Just thought the corner was over, started accel and lifting the bike up, oh crap!! The corners not done yet, lean back over, I'm going into the dirt, stand it up, slight swerve right, back on pavement.. whew!! close one!

Big Willow is FAST.  Crazy fast...  Multiple 100+mph corners and turn 8 the 140+mph corner  
wowold.gif
 That's mid corner speed  
wowold.gif

wowold.gif
  Knee dragg'in speed  
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

It was hot, 97degrees hot.  But with a set of race tires on, I felt confident I'd have good grip.

Ryan(gtrpimp76) was FAST!!  When he passed, he just kept on going  
cool.gif

Anyway here's some photos;

A group was a lot of fun, lots of "safe" dicing.  Not the racing kind, but the fun kind

pic3.JPG

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

I think turn 2, the one I ran off in.

Learned my lesson though. The corner exit is blind but I found a reference mark to let me know when the corner ends. A set of bleachers. See me looking for the bleachers?

pic8.JPG

Young was there on his brand new 1098R Duc!  Its the one that is practically a WSBK bike that Baylis rides, almost  
tounge.gif

8 settings on a geniune traction control system.  Beautiful bike.

pic25.JPG

You can almost see the sealant below the radiator cap where the water was spraying out...

pic26.JPG

The pit dog
biggrin.gif

He lounged in the car with the AC running while I was on the track. Then was out when I was in the pits trying to get me to put him back in the AC. Stupid humans, its too darn hot out here!!

pic30.JPG

sorry about Lamb crashin out hope hes ok ouch 97 degrees, I have a feeling Fernley is going to be hot one to awesome looking pics!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
cool.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

post-6-79589-pic8.JPG

fuggin' eh bro!! your form looks SOOO Bad a$$ in this one. You look total motoGP!!  
cool.gif

bowdown.gif

Dude! you were hella fast for not being out there in almost 3 years? I'm amazed that you were pulling high 35's low 36's consistently. That's already top 10 finish in open heavyweight novice WSMC! I'll make sure my lap timer is mounted up correctly next TD and we'll get good lap times.

BTW-one of the afternoon sessions we were riding, I was exiting to pit out on the outside T8. Then I look to my right and who do I see? CHARLESBUSA railing T8 at a freakin HIGH RATE of speed!! Dude! from my perspective, it looked soooo bad arse!!! And scary too!!  
firedevil.gif

race.gif

A group was a lot of fun, lots of "safe" dicing.  Not the racing kind, but the fun kind
It was the Blue Angels type of passing/formations that's for sure. It's awesome riding with a bunch of super fast riders and knowing you're at their pace or better and being able to trust each and every one of them.
kickass.gif
banana.gif
firedevil.gif

Big Willow is FAST.  Crazy fast...  Multiple 100+mph corners and turn 8 the 140+mph corner  
wowold.gif
 That's mid corner speed  
wowold.gif

wowold.gif
  Knee dragg'in speed  
wowold.gif

wowold.gif
I did a "no-no" by looking at the speedo a couple times. Here are the indicated speeds I hit.

T7: 156 MPH indicated
T8: 152 MPH indicated and dragging knee while not hanging off. WTF??!!!
Main straight past Start/Finish: 160 MPH indicated.
T2: 110 MPH indicated at corner exit between T2 and T3's Omega.

And I wore down one of my brand spanking new Alpinestars GP sliders past "wear limit"
banghead.gif
time for the Clucky Pucks brand knee sliders.

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

Back