bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Awesome pics Ryan!!

You have some serious lean goning on there!  
beerchug.gif
Right on Chuckie! Those BT-002RS are soooo good man! Even with crazy lean, it felt PLANTED. I don't know how I've ridden so long without them, oh yeah....I was on the Michelin PRC's at the time. I can only wonder what the 002 race and 003's would be like?
laugh.gif

Re: Lean angle...It's funny, it didn't seem like I was leaning a ton, but I guess the camera never lies. I'm even hanging off a bit, but I guess I could hang off more.

I am definately going to book vacation the next time you guys are at the Rump or the classic course.

I run the BT002's and 55 series instead of the 50's because I read where Charles recommended them a long time ago. I also did the +1 inch adjustable links because of reading your guys track day setups. Looking at your pics and vids actually told me the bike is capable of turning so I need to stop being scared and start dragging a knee. Now I do it often and confidently, lotsa fun now.

I am sure you guys have inspired more members than you realize. Thanks again....

I am definately going to book vacation the next time you guys are at the Rump or the classic course.  

I run the BT002's and 55 series instead of the 50's because I read where Charles recommended them a long time ago.  I also did the +1 inch adjustable links because of reading your guys track day setups.  Looking at your pics and vids actually told me the bike is capable of turning so I need to stop being scared and start dragging a knee.  Now I do it often and confidently, lotsa fun now.

I am sure you guys have inspired more members than you realize.  Thanks again....
winkold.gif
thumb_up.gif

Yup! Chuckie knows his rubbers! He did much of the research for us and thanx to him for being so on top of GP racing, he KNOWS which tires are the "IN" thang. I'm using the 55 profiles too. I'm NEVER going back to a 190/50. The 190/55's are so much faster in turn in and have a bigger contact patch when leaned. There's nothing quite like dragging a knee @ 150+MPH (Willow's Turn 8 speed). Much more exhilirating than doing 180 mph straight up and down.

If we've inspired, that actually makes us happier than trying to drop a couple more tenths/second on laptimes. We're all here to help, inspire, as well as learn a thing or two ourselves. We all look forward to meeting and hanging out with you at a future TD.
ThumbsUp.gif

I run the BT002's and 55 series instead of the 50's because I read where Charles recommended them a long time ago.  I also did the +1 inch adjustable links because of reading your guys track day setups.  Looking at your pics and vids actually told me the bike is capable of turning so I need to stop being scared and start dragging a knee.  Now I do it often and confidently, lotsa fun now.

I am sure you guys have inspired more members than you realize.  Thanks again....
winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif

Yup! Chuckie knows his rubbers! He did much of the research for us and thanx to him for being so on top of GP racing, he KNOWS which tires are the "IN" thang. I'm using the 55 profiles too. I'm NEVER going back to a 190/50. The 190/55's are so much faster in turn in and have a bigger contact patch when leaned. There's nothing quite like dragging a knee @ 150+MPH (Willow's Turn 8 speed). Much more exhilirating than doing 180 mph straight up and down.

If we've inspired, that actually makes us happier than trying to drop a couple more tenths/second on laptimes. We're all here to help, inspire, as well as learn a thing or two ourselves. We all look forward to meeting and hanging out with you at a future TD.  
ThumbsUp.gif
I've always hoped that by posting up pics and raving about trackdays would turn some over to the "track" side.

Safer than riding on the street.

Faster than riding on the street.

You learn much more than riding on the street.

On the selfish side, the more people ride the track. The more tracks get built. The bigger selection I have to ride
whistling.gif

winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif

ThumbsUp.gif
I've always hoped that by posting up pics and raving about trackdays would turn some over to the "track" side.

Safer than riding on the street.

Faster than riding on the street.

You learn much more than riding on the street.

On the selfish side, the more people ride the track.  The more tracks get built.  The bigger selection I have to ride  
whistling.gif
+1

WORD!!

Glad to hear Lamb is ok, we need pics of his bike.
Yes it's a FAST track, that's what's so fun about it. There's something to be said about hanging off at 140, and hitting 155 in the straight.
My mechanic's tip: (he used to race there) take the inside of two all the way around, it's a litte off camber on the outside of the turn.

IMG_3255.jpg

Owen! What up stranger??!! We missed you at this last TD, we wished you were riding with us. Charles sez you were doing Firebird? How did that work out for you? It's a pretty small track from what I hear and I now you like the really big fast tracks. Can't wait for Miller.

BTW-I'm looking at doing Big Willow on Saturday July 26 with Fastrackriders @ Big Willow They'll also have their AMB timing and scoring system with them so you can get laptimes for every lap--every session. You up for it?

I guess on my next tire swap I am going to have to try out the 190/55's I am running a Metzler 180/55 right now

Go 190/55 for bikes 1000cc or larger. You can get away with 180/55, but the busas and liters have so much power nowadays, you want the max contact patch you can get. Keep the 180/55's for the 600's and 750's.

Go 190/55 for bikes 1000cc or larger. You can get away with 180/55, but the busas and liters have so much power nowadays, you want the max contact patch you can get. Keep the 180/55's for the 600's and 750's.
It really is not a bad tire to be honest. I picked it up at the last minute I needed a tire and it was the right price for last minute
laugh.gif
But I will be trying out the 190/55 next tire change for sure
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Thanx Rob!

Hey Reno is coming up soon. Can't wait to finally meet you guys. Gonna be a gr8 weekend that's for sure.  
beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif
all signed up for B group on the 9th of August today!
ukliam3.gif
     see you guys up there soon!!
beerchug.gif
Sweet!! Are you going to do the 10th?
i took the 8th off from work so i will be up there friday afternoon but saturday is the only day i can play

beerchug.gif

Back