My trackday report from the Streets Of Willow

Nice pics man, looks like that would be fun, i know i can't do that with mine!
beerchug.gif

YOu look great Charles!!! I did the video thing with Dan Schaffner too. That MOFO can ride the Sh*T outta that little 600!!! There's a reason why he races professionally with WSMC and WERA West. Matter in fact, I've seen him ride/record EVERY session and EVERY skill Level and he walks off like he hardly broke a sweat.
bowdown.gif
Who hosted your video and did you have to compress? I've got my DVD too and I should share it as well. It's at Big Track though.

Also, was SOW pretty bumpy? I've heard that from the track/race guys from Gixxer.com.

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 31 2006,23:59) After this session, I was bumped up to Sport group(level II)!  In Street group(level I), only passes on the outside are permitted.  
laugh.gif

ices_rofl.gif

Shame on you for pickin' on them slower riders!!!
ices_rofl.gif

But you know something, Isn't it fun passing 3,4 or 5 riders at a time? Only reason I like riding Level I.

BTW-It looks like you lapped the entire field.  
SHOCKED.gif

Awesome job Charles!!  
super.gif

ices_rofl.gif

Very cool man, Gonna have to hit the 138 with you again to do some more studying. I learned abit from you on that ride.

(mountainmotor @ Nov. 02 2006,07:44) You might wanting a dedicated track bike soon .
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the pics .
It takes skill to wheel the big bikes around the track anyone can ride a 600 fast.......makes the track day that much more challenging for those that like a true challenge. Nothing more depressing to a guy on a track only bike, than to be blown by, by the likes of a Hyper Super-Sport Bike like a Busa or 14. Had a bunch of people saying WTF at my last track day. Ride them big bikes like you stole em! Get your Busa properly dialed in with the right suspension set up and braking upgrades and have fun!

(GPW @ Nov. 02 2006,04:23) great riding, next time you need a video guy let me know.....
wow.gif

JER_0759.jpg

beerchug.gif
You didn't go zx-14 on us did ya??

I remember you had a kicka$$ busa!!!

(gtrpimp76 @ Nov. 02 2006,01:03) YOu look great Charles!!! I did the video thing with Dan Schaffner too. That MOFO can ride the Sh*T outta that little 600!!! There's a reason why he races professionally with WSMC and WERA West. Matter in fact, I've seen him ride/record EVERY session and EVERY skill Level and he walks off like he hardly broke a sweat.  
bowdown.gif
 Who hosted your video and did you have to compress? I've got my DVD too and I should share it as well. It's at Big Track though.

Also, was SOW pretty bumpy? I've heard that from the track/race guys from Gixxer.com.
Yup, I had to compress it from 823,714kb to 164,000kb.

I used DivX converter, its free off the internet.

Then found www.veoh.com to host it.  Most sites like you-tube have a 100mb limit.  But with veoh client(also completely free) the limit is like 1gb or something.  
biggrin.gif

He had the 600 and 1000 with him(both have cameras), he rode the 10R when he filmed me.

Streets had a few bumps, not bad though on the racing line.  Especially when compared with canyon riding.  However, I went off the racing line to pass someone and found a couple good bumps  
crazy.gif
   If they had used the skid pad for the corner instead of those 3 parking lot corners, the track would be just about perfect.  But I think I still perfer Buttonwillow.  Smoother and just a little faster  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(mountainmotor @ Nov. 02 2006,07:44) You might wanting a dedicated track bike soon .
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the pics .
I want the Daytona 675 triple  
biggrin.gif

But I would never get rid of the busa and would definately keep taking the busa to the track.  

I just want a completely different bike from the busa as another challenge  
biggrin.gif
  And also have a bike with no lights or mirrors with slicks and tire warmers
muscle.gif

biggrin.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 02 2006,09:24)
(GPW @ Nov. 02 2006,04:23) great riding, next time you need a video guy let me know.....
wow.gif

JER_0759.jpg

beerchug.gif

I just sold the badasss Busa "Thor" to our own Sageronin and I am holding on the 2007/2008 new busa release. I ride them all...my third new bike this year. I am not brand loyal I just like to go fast and tweak....
smile.gif
 I am very tempted to go crazy with a super light weight black 2007 Busa, so that may just happen...I already have five project bikes lined up when the shop opens its doors next month (3) Busa's and (1) 14 (1) ZX-10 all wanting the twisty carvers special.  
biggrin.gif

(GPW @ Nov. 02 2006,09:45)
wow.gif

JER_0759.jpg

beerchug.gif

I just sold the badasss Busa "Thor" to our own Sageronin and I am holding on the 2007/2008 new busa release. I ride them all...my third new bike this year. I am not brand loyal I just like to go fast and tweak....
smile.gif
 I am very tempted to go crazy with a super light weight black 2007 Busa, so that may just happen...I already have five project bikes lines up when the shop opens its doors next month (3) Busa's and (1) 14 (1) ZX-10 all wanting the twisty carvers special.  
biggrin.gif
Sweet
biggrin.gif

Wish I could have 5 project bikes
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 02 2006,09:53)
(GPW @ Nov. 02 2006,09:45)
wow.gif

JER_0759.jpg

beerchug.gif

I just sold the badasss Busa "Thor" to our own Sageronin and I am holding on the 2007/2008 new busa release. I ride them all...my third new bike this year. I am not brand loyal I just like to go fast and tweak....  I am very tempted to go crazy with a super light weight black 2007 Busa, so that may just happen...I already have five project bikes lines up when the shop opens its doors next month (3) Busa's and (1) 14 (1) ZX-10 all wanting the twisty carvers special.  
biggrin.gif
Sweet  

Wish I could have 5 project bikes    
cool.gif
All customer bikes....I just get to drool...................
poke.gif

bowdown.gif
That is Awesome, You Corner that Busa Like a 1K Track Bike!!! EXCELLENT Riding!

Streets of Willow is not an easy track, Very Tight, and Bumpy!! You Smoothed it right out, With a Busa!!!

Let me know the next time you schedule a Track day at Willow, either one, Streets or the Big Track.

By the way, we Definitely need to Ride on the 18th, you could meet us in Rancho Vista or Wrightwood!!!

Just to shake off my Depression, as I was Scheduled for a Track day at the Spring Mountain, Pahrump Track with 'take it 2 the Track'(heard great things about that track!!
BUT it Was CANCELED, Closed the Track for Repairs that weekend.

GREAT Video By the Way, Thank you and Thank your Wife, for making that possible to share with us!!

That sucks the track cancelled on you!

I haven't been to Pahrump yet, can't wait to try it
biggrin.gif

(Director @ Nov. 02 2006,09:39)
bowdown.gif
That is Awesome, You Corner that Busa Like a 1K Track Bike!!!  EXCELLENT Riding!
Dude!!!

Wait till you ride the twisties with him. Charles can ride the wheels off that Busa!!! Although we all tend to back off a little more in the canyons compared to the track.

BTW-Wasn't it awesome watching him SMOKE EVERYONE in his video?

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 02 2006,14:34)  

I just want a completely different bike from the busa as another challenge  
biggrin.gif

And also have a bike with no lights or mirrors with slicks and tire warmers  
muscle.gif
I know what your saying  
biggrin.gif

And yep , track only's are easier to fix when a guy falls off on saturday and slides to stop on sunday  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Back