Trackday photos from Big Willow

Here's the former WSMC #1 plate holder Brant Wiwi I was tellin you about. I tried following him for a couple laps to learn his lines, but to no avail. That BROTHA HALLS THE MAIL!!
Former WSMC #1 Plate holder kickin' arse and taking no prisoners!!
First thing I notice is how far off the bike he is allowing him to keep the bike more upright than most, subsequently allowing him to carry more speed through the turns.
Not only is he leaning off a lot, but notice how low his shoulders and head is. That is the hard/tiring part.
post-6-20275-Champ.jpg

pic8.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the former WSMC #1 plate holder Brant Wiwi I was tellin you about. I tried following him for a couple laps to learn his lines, but to no avail. That BROTHA HALLS THE MAIL!!

First thing I notice is how far off the bike he is allowing him to keep the bike more upright than most, subsequently allowing him to carry more speed through the turns.
Not only is he leaning off a lot, but notice how low his shoulders and head is. That is the hard/tiring part.
I'm sure Brant's B.P. works great for him. That's why he was a #1 plate holder last year. Here's the problem, I try and hang off like he is in T8 at 150+ MPH and the windspeed is so fierce that I feel like I'm gonna get blown off the bike. Well, not exactly blown, but, enough to the point I may put in some unnecessary steering inputs and BAM!! A front end tuck, a high side, or whatever.

Charles, how would you hang on while hanging off at that high rate of speed? I think the BP that you have is more than sufficient for something like T2 or T8. In fact, that would already feel extreme to me.

IMHO: this is already a PERFECT BP (prolly a reason why you're much faster with the tight corners than I am). I actually try and stay tucked under the screen and off to the same direction of the apex like you are.

I just plainly don't go as fast through the fast corners as I do the slower corners because I don't wanna die.
lurk.gif
I didn't hangoff as much in T8 as I was not getting leaned over as far as I was in the other turns. Go down at 80mph to 100mph, OK not great. But go down at 140-150mph!!
wowold.gif
shudder

In the pic above I could have my upper body and head lower.

Wind is a factor at the higher speeds, but hanging off can be done. Look at pro racers. I'm sure it just takes some getting use to. I was scared the first time at Miller to pop up on the brakes for T1. That's popping up at 170mph!! But it just took getting use to.

Back