Pahrump trackday photos!

Hey Charles, what's your best 60' ET, need it for another post
rock.gif

Or do ya only do track?
I have no idea  
laugh.gif

Just trackdays over here, I probably suck at launching the Busa...  
winkold.gif
Ok, it was worth a shot...

You suck at launch
rock.gif
Doubt it
race.gif

rock.gif

This looks like sooo much fun! My bud and I are talking about going somewhere but don't know where or when yet. We'll have to do our homework and figure out the details. If anyone has a sugestion on tracks in the Ct or N East area I Would welcome your 2 cents worth.

great pics...you guys make it look deceptively easy
beerchug.gif

If anyone has a sugestion on tracks in the Ct or N East area I Would welcome your 2 cents worth.
Tracks in your neck of the woods;

New Hampshire Int'l Speedway   www.nhis.com
nhms_seating.jpg

Mission Raceway Park  www.missionraceway.com
track.jpg

Watkins Glen Int'l Speedway   www.theglen.com
wgi_08_2_NonNASCAR_Facility.jpg

Pocono Itn'l Speedway  www.poconoraceway.com
track_2.5road.gif

New Jersey Motorsports Park  www.njmotorsportspark.com
thunder.png

Trackday organizations you can check out;
NESBA, New York Sportbike Club, Sportbike Track Time, Team Pro-Motion Sportbike Club, Tony's Track Days, Roger Lyle's Motorcycle Excitement Track Days,

The New Hampshire and Mission Raceways are both small...  Just over 1 mile long, that's short.

Pocono's raceway has 3 small configs just over 1 mile, too small...  The config pictured above is over 2 miles long but the layout sucks(I think).

The New Jersey Raceway is still on the small side, but its defintitely big enough to have some fun on, just over 2 miles long.

Watkins Glen looks great.  Just about 3 miles long and a good layout.

If it were me, I'd look at riding Watkins Glen or New Jersey Raceway just from looking at the track maps and lengths.

Charles, do you have any video of the busa on the track? I'd love to see if you do!
Shawn
I have an old one(about 1 1/2 years ago), I think it was my 3rd trackday ever. I only look fast because I was in C group(slow group)
winkold.gif

http://www.veoh.com/videos/e147104f55686qk

A newer one from last summer. I'm actually a lot faster in this one, but because I'm riding with faster guys it doesn't look it
cool.gif
I'm also on my 750 in this one.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v762816Yfbkyzme

Charles, do you have any video of the busa on the track? I'd love to see if you do!
Shawn
I have an old one(about 1 1/2 years ago), I think it was my 3rd trackday ever.  I only look fast because I was in C group(slow group)  
winkold.gif

http://www.veoh.com/videos/e147104f55686qk

A newer one from last summer.  I'm actually a lot faster in this one, but because I'm riding with faster guys it doesn't look it  
cool.gif
I'm also on my 750 in this one.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v762816Yfbkyzme
Charles,
That was a great video. A first for me. I really enjoyed seeing a busa on the track and I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Do you communicate with the camera bike? Does he video you so you can watch and and learn what you do right and where you can improve?
Thanks again,that was great!
Shawn

Do you communicate with the camera bike? Does he video you so you can watch and and learn what you do right and where you can improve?
There wasn't any communication with the camera bike in either video.  The 1st video was a racer that you pay to video you for a session.  The 2nd video was a buddy who had a camcorder mounted on the fuel tank cap.

I definitely use video and photos to see where I can improve on and how I really ride.  The camera doesn't lie.  

Its also fun to watch them everyone once in a while.

Videos can also help you to memorize which way a track turns before you ever see it in person.  I watched a Miller video about 20 times the week before we left for it.  And the video really helped me to learn the track faster.

And here's what I think is Lamb's best shot. Great body position and you can't go wrong when you have the number 1 plate
bowdown.gif

qp.jpg

I think this is your best shot Ryan, great shot of a lot of lean!!
Thanx bro!
thumb_up.gif

I personally like the ones that are on the straights with no lean and look absolutely boring
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif

But seriously...Lamb just signed up for Big Willow June 30. I'll be getting in there pretty soon. Hopefully B group doesn't fill up too fast or I'll have to ride with some WSMC A group riders. Scary. But I look forward to riding with my fave Trackday bros-Charles and Lamb!
super.gif
We gotta get Vinny, Rich, and Owen in on this one too.

great pics...you guys make it look deceptively easy
beerchug.gif
Charles and Lamb make it look easy. I was struggling all weekend. Rusty from not riding 4 1/2 months, race tire takeoffs that didn't agree too well with my bike's geometry (but had awesome grip on the left side, the right was going out), and Spring Mountain is a tricky track in terms of suspension setup. To this day, I could never get it dialed in to my liking. But no excuses...I'm just slow.

Back