My trackday report from the Streets Of Willow

Hey Charlesbusa, are you sitting at stock height? or is your tail higher than i remember? I would think you would boost the tail to get the tires closer together for turning. oh yeah that was AMAMZING!!! I really need to get out and try a closed track someday.
lurk.gif
how much did the guy charge for the video?

(KanjiBusa @ Nov. 01 2006,10:36) Hey Charlesbusa, are you sitting at stock height? or is your tail higher than i remember? I would think you would boost the tail to get the tires closer together for turning. oh yeah that was AMAMZING!!! I really need to get out and try a closed track someday.  
lurk.gif
I raised the rear an inch. It doesn't change the wheelbase but it does change the chasis(as in rake, trail, etc...). Which makes for quicker turn in, it makes the bike "feel" lighter at the expense of some stability.

Not sure, I think it was $90 or something like that. My wife bought it for me
biggrin.gif
I could always look at the discover bill
firedevil.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 01 2006,10:39)
(KanjiBusa @ Nov. 01 2006,10:36) Hey Charlesbusa, are you sitting at stock height? or is your tail higher than i remember? I would think you would boost the tail to get the tires closer together for turning. oh yeah that was AMAMZING!!! I really need to get out and try a closed track someday.  
lurk.gif
I raised the rear an inch.  It doesn't change the wheelbase but it does change the chasis(as in rake, trail, etc...).  Which makes for quicker turn in, it makes the bike "feel" lighter at the expense of some stability.

Not sure, I think it was $90 or something like that.  My wife bought it for me  
biggrin.gif
firedevil.gif
+ your tire profile is taller
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 01 2006,10:41)
lurk.gif
I raised the rear an inch.  It doesn't change the wheelbase but it does change the chasis(as in rake, trail, etc...).  Which makes for quicker turn in, it makes the bike "feel" lighter at the expense of some stability.

Not sure, I think it was $90 or something like that.  My wife bought it for me  
biggrin.gif
firedevil.gif
wink.gif
Yup
biggrin.gif

The big 'ol 190/55
biggrin.gif
muscle.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 01 2006,10:59)
(BA BUSA @ Nov. 01 2006,10:41)
(KanjiBusa @ Nov. 01 2006,10:36) Hey Charlesbusa, are you sitting at stock height? or is your tail higher than i remember? I would think you would boost the tail to get the tires closer together for turning. oh yeah that was AMAMZING!!! I really need to get out and try a closed track someday.    how much did the guy charge for the video?

Not sure, I think it was $90 or something like that.  My wife bought it for me   I could always look at the discover bill  
wink.gif
Yup  

The big 'ol 190/55        
muscle.gif
"I can't drive..........55..."  
tounge.gif

Once ya start using the 190/55's...there's no going back  
super.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 01 2006,12:35) Thanks, it was a blast!

We all know you're fast enough for the intermediate group  
biggrin.gif

race.gif
According to the CR's here, I need to work on my lines.

I showed a video to a few friends in A and they could not believe wht I was told.

I was planning on asking for a bump again at Barber next week and now it looks like no trip for me due to unexpected car repair on wifes BMW that should be covered under warranty.

(vman1300 @ Nov. 01 2006,11:34)
(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 01 2006,12:35) Thanks, it was a blast!

We all know you're fast enough for the intermediate group  
biggrin.gif

race.gif
According to the CR's here, I need to work on my lines.

I showed a video to a few friends in A and they could not believe wht I was told.

I was planning on asking for a bump again at Barber next week and now it looks like no trip for me due to unexpected car repair on wifes BMW that should be covered under warranty.
Wow, it sounds like they are much more strict about bumping riders to level II than they are over here.

Judging from pics and posts I've seen, I'd say your faster than I am.

Did you piss someone off
poke.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 01 2006,14:45) Wow, it sounds like they are much more strict about bumping riders to level II than they are over here.

Judging from pics and posts I've seen, I'd say your faster than I am.  

Did you piss someone off    
poke.gif
I do not think I have pissed any CR's off.

At Road Atlanta in the Spring, 2 others and me asked for a bump after lunch. We followed the CR for several laps and then he slid in behind Reid for a few laps and then behind Steve and then stayed there for the rest of the session.

It was a train of four bikes all session. We all stopped and talked to him about the bump, he bumped Steve and Reid right there but says her "forgot" to watch me.

I was really disgusted and just rode off before I opened my mouth......

Boy oh Boy! That is making Lamb think and think and think........................what was Lamb thinking..................................................................................
.......WOW!

Nice riding Charles. That was eye opening. A trackday is a necessity!

You were rollin pretty good at the end of that session, you got almost an entire lap in b4 completely lappin a few riders there!

That must look really good when its not compressed. There were afew times when he gets right up next to you that your bike must look really good!!

(Lamb busa @ Nov. 01 2006,19:48) Boy oh Boy!  That is making Lamb think and think and think........................what was Lamb thinking..................................................................................

.......WOW!
That's gotta make Lamb think, "I have to get to a trackday!"

laugh.gif

(Lamb busa @ Nov. 01 2006,19:52) Nice riding Charles.  That was eye opening.  A trackday is a necessity!  

You were rollin pretty good at the end of that session, you got almost an entire lap in b4 completely lappin a few riders there!

That must look really good when its not compressed.  There were afew times when he gets right up next to you that your bike must look really good!!
Yeah, the video was orginally 832mb and it was shrunk to 167mb.

It looks awesome on my 32" TV!!!
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah! u could make post #8 in this thread your avatar! The one where his nose is just in the pic. That is a nice shot there!!!

That bowl corner is neat, it looks very on-camber on the video, is it even more of a bowl than it looks here?

Thats the one! beautiful shot. Those colors are nice on the BUSA!

(Lamb busa @ Nov. 01 2006,19:59) That bowl corner is neat, it looks very on-camber on the video, is it even more of a bowl than it looks here?
20 degrees banking

(Lamb busa @ Nov. 01 2006,20:00) Thats the one!  beautiful shot.  Those colors are nice on the BUSA!
The corner is soo slow you can see the front is turned just a little. Its like a 10-15mph corner....

Black and Blue is the fastest color!!!!
biggrin.gif

Back