What to do? Big Gun Little Gun?

I don't like the recoil on the airweight/airlite revolvers. I ended up getting an old steel S&W 38 and I like it a lot more than the lighter revolvers. Just my 0.02 cents

I don't like the recoil on the airweight/airlite revolvers. I ended up getting an old steel S&W 38 and I like it a lot more than the lighter revolvers. Just my 0.02 cents

I agree the heavier steel frames are easier to control, for me anyways.

between me and my father we have ALOT of guns and ive carried just about all of them, if your looking for a carry revolver buy and air weight, they are amazingly light and you can get them in 38 or 357 hehehehe unloaded they feel like they arent even there

you said you have a redhawk. stick with Ruger! :bowdown:

:poke: just get a shoulder holster for the redhawk. it acts as protection AND body armor! :thumbs:

Best gun is the one you can group the bullets with on the bullseye :laugh:

If you can't shoot very well bring a friend who can :whistle:

VulcanGun.jpg

He doesn't have to be to good of a shot either just make sure you get out of the way in time :laugh:

VulcanGun.jpg

I use my Springfield XDM .40 (16 +1) as my everyday carry. AR is in the trunk for long trips or all day outings. Call me paranoid, call it overkill, but you never know what the next person has. I pray to god, that I never have to use it in a civilian environment, but I would rather have and never use it that need and not have it.... JMO

Go with the .44:thumbsup:

Another contender :banghead: Big bores lend a certain credibility factor :laugh: 45ACP matches my 1911, but what does Jerry Miculek know about 45's :whistle:

45ACP-Jerry Miculek _625JM sku 160936.jpg

The Alaskan is a backup gun for Bear country. Short barrel .44 has one purpose, to take out a bear that is way to close to you to grab your rifle :laugh:

I use my Springfield XDM .40 (16 +1) as my everyday carry. AR is in the trunk for long trips or all day outings. Call me paranoid, call it overkill, but you never know what the next person has. I pray to god, that I never have to use it in a civilian environment, but I would rather have and never use it that need and not have it.... JMO

Go with the .44:thumbsup:

You keep an AR15 in your trunk!:rofl:
You sir are my new hero!:thumbsup:

When fishing,hunting,hiking I carry a Super Blackhawk with large loads for bear protection. A lot of large brownies here. For personal protection I carry a S&W M&P .40 cal...

Every handgun has something it gives up for what it offers. Every gun owner has justification(and usually well founded BTW) to explain why he/she chose a particular brand,size and configuration.
I have many firearms but as a bicycle rider and motorcyclist (and cop and Marine with considerable gun handling background), I settled on a hammerless S&W Airweight with .38 +p capabilities. I carry it in a pouch with two loaded speedyloaders. I have practiced various combat situations including live fire and reloading....the more one can habituate through practice, the more effective one is. A .44 is a wonderful piece but is a handful during a potentially needed rapidfire episode. Of course, better for a bear but not tactially appropriate for inside a 7-11. I feel, for me, hammerless(no snagging), lightweight, no safety, +p loads, quiet and fast (with practice) reloading all add up to the least tradeoffs in a close firefight.
Don't get me wrong, next Summer when I mountainbike south on the Great Divide Trail (bear and cat country) I will have a .41 or .44!

Can get these for your bike:D
uploadfromtaptalk1329002521094.jpg

My carry choice for years has been a Ruger SP101 in 357 MAG. Recently sold it just for a change of pace.

uploadfromtaptalk1329002521094.jpg

Well if you are considering an alaskan for carry - why not just invest in a trench coat and go with underfolding AK w/ 30 rd mag and single point sling?

Back