So, while debating about a gun

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Before I get into this, I'm not buying a gun yet. I'm working on getting my arse outta debt first. BUT, when I get a chance, I'm getting a CC, then I'm going to get a gun. I'm thinking about the Ruger SR9. I was reading about it in Guns and Ammo, and I held one today at the gun shop, and it felt great. Fit my hand fine, would make a good CC weapon for me, and looks good.

On a side note, the youngest guy at the shop helped me... Moron. He pulled the gun out, checked to see if loaded, and then pointed it around aimlessly... Then looked down the business end of the barrel... I realize it was unloaded, but still, thats a no no in my books. I think he was excited he gets to handle guns for a job, as he would go from one pistol to another trying to show me whats cool... He for some reason thought I'd be impressed with the fact that there were matching 1911's, and he held them all showoff-gunslinger-dualwield style... he wasn't exactly up on the whole gun safety concept.

Anyway, back to the SR9... The picture of sex in 9mm form. Now I gotta shoot one.

sr9_1.jpg

That is a some sexy hardware but I am partial
to my Sig. I am thinking of going to a 40cal.
instead of my 45

Have you looked at the Springfield XD45? I looked at that one and its probably the one i'll be getting when i get a pistol. It looks, feels, "and as i hear, shoots GREAT!"

It's lightweight, supposedly VERY accurate, and shoots the thumper (.45). Can't go wrong with that! Hehe.

Anyway, the SR9 is pretty hot lookin, but i've got a bad taste in my mouth for Ruger pistols. I shot a friend's P90 and it was a piece of SH!T!!!!

But YOU'RE the one going to use it, so get what YOU think is right for YOU, and when you get it PM me some pics. bro! I love guns!
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif

hello.gif
Yo Ben.  I used a 9 for conceal and found it to be a little too bulky. Went with a .38 snub and it's a ALOT easier to conceal.  Has plenty of stopping power also.
winkold.gif

It must be nice to be able to have a gun.
Here near NYC the only ones that are aloud to have guns are the cops and the thugs.
The rest of us law abiding citizens must suffer. What ever happen to the right to bare arms? I went to get my permit years ago. What a joke. If you're not the president, forget it.

Before I get into this, I'm not buying a gun yet. I'm working on getting my arse outta debt first. BUT, when I get a chance, I'm getting a CC, then I'm going to get a gun. I'm thinking about the Ruger SR9. I was reading about it in Guns and Ammo, and I held one today at the gun shop, and it felt great. Fit my hand fine, would make a good CC weapon for me, and looks good.

On a side note, the youngest guy at the shop helped me... Moron. He pulled the gun out, checked to see if loaded, and then pointed it around aimlessly... Then looked down the business end of the barrel... I realize it was unloaded, but still, thats a no no in my books. I think he was excited he gets to handle guns for a job, as he would go from one pistol to another trying to show me whats cool... He for some reason thought I'd be impressed with the fact that there were matching 1911's, and he held them all showoff-gunslinger-dualwield style... he wasn't exactly up on the whole gun safety concept.

Anyway, back to the SR9... The picture of sex in 9mm form. Now I gotta shoot one.
Whats wrong with you!
You will put your eye out!
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

whistling.gif
j/k looks good I say get it now!

I part timed in a gun shop for a while...never got any $$ for it, just store credit
laugh.gif

Never been real immpressed with Ruger. IMHO...you could do worse but you could do a whole lot better with a whole lot of other guns.

Buy what YOU like though...

I started out using a s&w 45 then went to a s&w 9 mm (two small a gun) now I carry a glock 40 perfect gun love it
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

ask yourself three questions before purchasing a sidearm: 1, what do I plan on using it for? 2, how much damage do I want to inflict? and 3, How much am I willing to pay? I prefer Sig & HK for 45 and 357; Magnum Research and Glock for 9 & 40, and Bersa for 380, their concealed carry thunder is very practical. I also have a cheap Taurus 45acp, can't beat it for $300. I carry a MR Desert Baby Eagle 9mm semi-compact, which holds 17+1 winchester ranger SXT rounds (formerly black talons) in an SOB holster...damn skippy.

I've great luck with Ruger handguns but you should check out the Glocks.

guns.gif
Which ones did you use?
rock.gif

I think the P90 sucked, but that MY opinion too i guess.

My mom's S&W .359 rocks! Its just perfect for carrying around, but its kinda heavy.

I STILL want that XD45 though...
drools.gif
or a Kimber "Tactical II..."
drools.gif
I actually have a P90 and for me it's remarkably balanced and accurate. It's a little bulky to carry but for that I prefer either my Glock 30 (.45) or Taurus titanium .357. That Taurus is fun and light! It's a real hand cannon.
thumb_up.gif

drools.gif

guns.gif
Which ones did you use?
rock.gif

My mom's S&W .359 rocks! Its just perfect for carrying around, but its kinda heavy.

drools.gif
drools.gif
I actually have a P90 and for me it's remarkably balanced and accurate. It's a little bulky to carry but for that I prefer either my Glock 30 (.45) or Taurus titanium .357.  That Taurus is fun and light! It's a real hand cannon.  
thumb_up.gif
How dependable is the Taurus? I've heard police say that Taurus is sh!t for duty carry. How's it perform for you?

drools.gif

The SR9 even at 1.25 inches wide is still over 7" long. My P94 is also too bulky to carry on my person. I usually carry my wife's Taurus .38 special CIA.

attached is the P94

RP94__Small_.jpg

guns.gif
Which ones did you use?
rock.gif

drools.gif
drools.gif
I actually have a P90 and for me it's remarkably balanced and accurate. It's a little bulky to carry but for that I prefer either my Glock 30 (.45) or Taurus titanium .357.  That Taurus is fun and light! It's a real hand cannon.  
thumb_up.gif
So far, my experience has been Ruger's are good guns. Dependable, accurate, and fit my hand. The thing with me getting a smaller gun is my hands are too big to hold them right. I tried mi sis-inlaws .38 snub, and it was WAY too small. Fullsize guns fit my hands, and from what I've been told is easily concealed on my 6'10" frame. The fact that the SR9 is slim, but not too slim, is perfect from what I could tell. I'd have to shoot it first to know for sure, but it feels right so far.

drools.gif

Back