What gun do u carry when riding,

Kel-tec PF9 in a front pocket holster.

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

I continue to wrestle with the concept of carrying (for me, personally, not the concept itself).

While I have two pretty awesome Springfield Armory weapons - a 1911 .45ACP Long Slide, and more recently, and a XD(m) 9mm - the fact of the matter is: I just don't see the need for concealed carry here in my local environment.

Yes, I realize the crazies can turn up anywhere and at anytime, and I can certainly appreciate the old saw: "I'd rather carry a gun and never use it, then not carry a gun but need it", but still... carrying just seems a little problematic here in my local environment.

It actually makes more sense to carry when I am traveling anywhere out of my sedate little world here in eastern Washington, but now I have to contend with reciprocating CCW laws, which are generally unfriendly in my nearby states (except Idaho).

Oregon won't recognize WA state CCW, neither will Nevada or California. I am passing through (or staying in) one of these three states at least 2-3 times a year, not enough to justify the expense/hassle of obtaining a CCW in those states. Can't do anything about California at all, cause they only issue CCWs to residents only.

It's a quandry, really. :dunno:

Though the quandry is easily solved by leaving the weapons at home. :banghead:

Ca doesn't issue to residents either...:banghead:

i carry a Mark III 22. i have other pistols but they are not accurate at all. i can hit a beer can at 100 yrds with this pistol you cant do that with anything else. it is really the only pistol you need.

i carry a Mark III 22. i have other pistols but they are not accurate at all. i can hit a beer can at 100 yrds with this pistol you cant do that with anything else. it is really the only pistol you need.

I'm just hoping that that's all you'll have to shoot at from now on is beer cans.. If you ever "need" to use your handgun, I'm afraid a .22 isn't gonna help you.. :down:

bring it we might even find a range ...

also i just bought a serpa holster tonight for my 1911. playing with it... at HIH as long as we are in PA ill be Open carrying it while riding.

SANY1677 (Medium).JPG

kk ill put a note in the thread incase we have a "rain day" and decide to find a range or something

Arizona has "Constitutional" right to carry concealed. All that are not felons can carry concealed or open here ! Also CCW permit easy to get for out of state carry too. I've had a CCW permit since they first ooferd them, many years ago. My daily carry is the Ruger LCR in .38SPL +P with laser grips. For out of state forrays I sometimes switch to one of my Colt .45s - The Defender.

Back