Apparently when you carry a concealed gun

I would have smashed the accelerator just like he did an run every last one of them down...
firedevil.gif

While listening to classical music!
whistling.gif

Carrying around a firearm for the average person is silly. You are better off avoiding areas with a higher statistical probability of violent crime. If you live in a quiet neighborhood and stick around quiet friends you should be alright. On the other hand if you rub elbows with thugs and hoodrats, kill at will.

Sure, there are the occasional mall shootings and what not, but what are the odds that you will be a victim to this type of violence?

The best thing you can do is keep your head under the radar. I know that for big guys like myself and Ben, that is a difficult proposition, but it has to do more with posturing rather than appearance.

Those gun pron mags sure do have a bunch of entertaining albeit poorly written stories submitted by hillbillies and wannabe cowboys.
Based on this post, I have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot.

The person who said you were looking for trouble is obviously ignorant about CC.
When you carry you go out of your way to avoid situation's that could escalate into violence.
I told my wife years ago not to be offended if she got insulted and I did nothing but walk away from the situation as I could not participate in any BS that may escalate into gun play. This is tempered with the realization that if we cant walk away and it gets grave I am going to fight for us.

co-worker just viewed on fox about a LEGALLY armed citizen at a bank foiled a would be robbery with no incident. he had his c&c and it (handgun)was in his briefcase. quick thinking on his part ended the robbery- no injuries/ shots fired. bad guy is in jail
beerchug.gif

www.findlaw.com can help you find laws in your area, free generally.

If you do every have to shoot someone, kill them. First off, you should never shoot them if you dont intend to kill them and secondly dead men tell no tales.
winkold.gif

The only other advice I can give you from a friend that works with lots of police depts, instructs all types of safety classes including CC and has been around the block.... Once you know you are safe, holster the weapon and wait for the police. Dont say a word, dont utter a single thing, PERIOD. When the police arrive, surrender immediately, alert them that you have a weapon, follow their directions and dont say one word. The *ONLY* thing that should come out of your mouth to anyone, including the LEO is "I want to speak with my lawyer" and know you are going to jail.

Evidently, this is about the only way you can ensure you get the best trail and most likely way to avoid extensive jail time. His only other advice, get the best lawyer you can find, you will need him/her
beerchug.gif

To add to the "lawyer" thing, there is a service that, i think, the NRA is associated with.

It is something my CHL instructor told us about. Apparently it is a group of well educated lawyers that will come to your aid if ever arrested/charged in the event of a justified shooting. I think you pay like $10/month and if you ever need them, you simply call their number on the card they provide you, and they will come to your aid FREE (besides your monthly premium). You do not pay any CO-Pay or deductible, and they stay with u all the way up thru the Grand Jury.

You do have to start paying only IF it makes it past the grand jury and you are indicted.

I can't remember the name of it, but i think u might be able to find it on NRA's website somewhere.

Couple of points...

1-When I carry, no one, and I mean no one knows I've got a gun on me. (avoids potentional hassles, like the one you just had, plus it's none of their business)

2-It's difficult to argue gun control issues (or any issue for that matter) with the irrational.

3-Carry or not to carry should be 100% your choice based on your views and comfort level.

4-Shoot to live. If you do shoot someone, your in a world of shite. You will be arrested, you will do jail time, you will be sued, it will take years (if ever) for life to return to a "normal" state. All this is ONLY PREFERABLE (and just slightly) to death. So you shoot only to save a life and death is imminant and immediate leaving you no choice but to fire.

I don't agree! Plenty of people shoot in self defense and are not charged! Just be clear you are fighting for your life.

You want to here something really stupid. I live in Illinois, work for the state as a correctional officer in a state prison. I work to put gang bangers away for a long time as a gang officer. We work hand in hand with the Chicago PD, FBI, DEA and others in the intel unit. I have to be available to go to court and testify about my findings to put these guys away. I am a state certified range master and qualify yearly on all of our weapons in DOC. I am one of the use of force instructors at my facility. I CAN NOT CARRY A WEAPON OFF DUTY. What an abolute joke. I hate my state, and yes, I am a Democrat.

You want to here something really stupid. I live in Illinois, work for the state as a correctional officer in a state prison. I work to put gang bangers away for a long time as a gang officer. We work hand in hand with the Chicago PD, FBI, DEA and others in the intel unit. I have to be available to go to court and testify about my findings to put these guys away. I am a state certified range master and qualify yearly on all of our weapons in DOC. I am one of the use of force instructors at my facility. I CAN NOT CARRY A WEAPON OFF DUTY. What an abolute joke. I hate my state, and yes, I am a Democrat.
I got a better one, I was in law enforcement in Illinois. Could carry off duty. I went to security and then to armed transport in Missouri and had to carry on duty. I had to take a learning course to get a hunting license in Missouri just to carry while hunting. I could shoot a person in Missouri but not a deer.

I carry a sidearm for one simple reason: to defend myself and my family against those who would do us harm. There are sick and crazy people out there, most people don't see them because they're happy living like everything in this world is perfect. Once you truely see what humans (and animals) can do to another human, and how the fragile the human body is, you will protect yourself and your family if you value them.

Someone breaks into my home, they are dead. Someone harms my wife and children, I shoot them without hesitation. Someone attacks me in a manner that I cannot defend myself in a traditional way, I will draw my sidearm.

I think every man that registers for Selective Service should also take a weapons course. But...not everyone should be granted a concealed carry license, just like there are someone people on the roads that should not be driving.

If you think I'm looking for trouble when I carry my gun, then you're right. I would rather see it coming than be defenseless against it...just my 2cents.

i myself have the right to carry/conceal my firearm but i can't seem to justify doing so.

Back