Apparently when you carry a concealed gun

Here in Illinois we can't carry. Only the criminals do. I have to keep mine unloaded inside an approved case in the trunk with the ammo away from the gun. I guess it is better than not having one at all.
I also live outside of Chicago so I'm familiar with the Anti-Gun neurotic
crowd who thinks guns cause violence....
pillepalle.gif
Guns don't kill people.
People kill people. Blaming a gun for a crime is like blaming a car for
a DUI or hit and run or vehicular homicide.

BTW - I have a printout of the IL law that states the ammo CAN be in the
case with the gun, but it can't be loaded. I keep a copy in each of my
vehicles in case some know it all rookie trooper gets snappy with me
about my weapons.

As far as the 21 year old know it all.....eh....ignorance is bliss.
Too young to know better, but thinks he knows everything....we've all been there.
whistling.gif

Lookup the rules on this forum.
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

There is proof that guns prevent crime but the news media doesn't
show it too often because it goes against the Anti-Gun agenda
power grabbers. An armed society is a protected society.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Kennesaw Georgia</span> boys and girls ,
familiarize yourself with this little town that mandated BY LAW that EVERY house was required to have a weapon in it. The police flat out tell you that the crime statistics for violent crimes (gun category) bottomed out drastically.

This is the NRA power bit that the news media tries to hide.
I'm all for CCW , and all but 2 of the 50 states allow it.
ILLINOIS and WISCONSIN......and our violent crime rates are high as hell.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>ANOTHER FACT</span>
We always hear about the Virgina Tech shootings and Colombine right??
Why don't we hear about the fatal shooting of the Applaichan School of Law
that happened RIGHT SMACK in the middle of those 2 events???

Because 2 students with Carry permits were able to subdue the assailant.
Funny how we don't hear about this scenario though.....I'll lay odds 99%
of the guys here have NEVER heard about this either.....because it doesn't
fit the Anti-Gun agenda. In fact, if you guys look up the story, they CONVENIENTLY leave out this fact.....amazing isn't it ??
winkold.gif

no_gun_control.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you changed my perspective. now i just have to find the right holster. good read!
thumb_up.gif

To add to the "lawyer" thing, there is a service that, i think, the NRA is associated with.

It is something my CHL instructor told us about. Apparently it is a group of well educated lawyers that will come to your aid if ever arrested/charged in the event of a justified shooting. I think you pay like $10/month and if you ever need them, you simply call their number on the card they provide you, and they will come to your aid FREE (besides your monthly premium). You do not pay any CO-Pay or deductible, and they stay with u all the way up thru the Grand Jury.

You do have to start paying only IF it makes it past the grand jury and you are indicted.

I can't remember the name of it, but i think u might be able to find it on NRA's website somewhere.
You have to assume that if you have to use your gun, you WILL have to go through a criminal proceeding, AND a civil suit as well. You will according to past cases pay between $10,000 and $100,000 in legal fees before it is over. It is worth anything to still be alive, but you will probably be financially ruined.

Here is the website- I won't carry without this.

Legal Defence Protection Plan

I have legally carried concealed for decades and will continue to do so. To each his own; I have never even come close to needing my firearm, but am convinced a friend of mine is still alive due to concealed carry. It was a "him or the other guy" situation. He was on his own property when accosted, and it was a volatile enough situation that was destined to end badly regardless of negotiation.

True story....this happened about 16 yrs ago when I lived in BFE Tx.

I never thought about carrying a gun until one day I came home and found I had been robbed. I knew something was amiss when I pulled up but didn't realize until I opened the door at what had taken place. I had my son with me...he was around 7 yrs old at the time. We backed out of the door and got back in the car and took off. Went to a friends house and called the cops. Took them about 5 hrs or so to get there. After that day I decided to carry. You never know what you are going to come home to or who is going to be there waiting on ya.

They caught the stupid lil bastid a week later. He had went on a big crime spree after he got out of jail. I was able to recover a few of my items he took but one thing I never got back was my sense of feeling safe in my home.

What I learned....you are better of depending on yourself to keep yourself safe.

I'll hopefully never be caught off guard again.
guns.gif

So, I went for a walk late tonight with a couple friends (Cameron and his GF Brittany). Well, Britt was freaked out about people possibly hiding. After the walk, she was telling us how freaked out she was someone would jump us, and Cameron told her "don't worry, you have 2 full grown men, and if that doesn't work, Ben will shoot them" ( I trust Cameron, he knows I carry). Well, we were talking about me carrying when another coworker (Derek) comes up and we talk about other things. Britt brings it back to my gun when Derek flips out all anti-gun style. "Why do you need to carry a gun?!"
"For self defense, if my life is threatened or I or another is about to be maliciously wounded, I will shoot said attacker"
"When has a gun needed to be used? Really?!"
"Ummm... How about the woman who gets raped and shoots her attacker"
"She shoots and he stops, huh?"
"Yeah, dead in his tracks"
"Would you shoot me?!"
"If you were raping someone, yeah."
(at this point, Cameron, a long time friend of Derek's agreed with me, as did Britt)
"Man, when you carry a gun, you're looking for trouble!"
"No, I'm looking to defend myself if needed. It will never be drawn unless it's a life or death situation"
"Man, if someone wants to take my life over something, they can."
"Good for you, I'm fighting back"

At this point, he got mad he was the only one on his side and left.

So, according to the all knowing 21 yr old man, I'm looking for trouble by carrying concealed... Even though I stay as far from trouble as possible...

By the way, I have my license, safety course, and am constantly reading on how to improve my skills and practicing at the range if I need to draw.

Hollywood is killing the gun community. But thats another thread...
Ok here's how I handle that situation and yes I carry every day every where

Karen: Why do you need to carry a gun?
Me: Do you have a fire extinguisher in your house?
Karen: Yes a couple of them
Me: Why do you need a fire extuingisher?
Karen: Well the fire dept could take time to arrive and I could try to put out the fire
Me: (clearing throat, sipping drink, rolling eyes, pick one) There you go, now you know why.
If they still don't get it, they never will

Ok here's how I handle that situation and yes I carry every day every where

Karen: Why do you need to carry a gun?
Me: Do you have a fire extinguisher in your house?
Karen: Yes a couple of them
Me: Why do you need a fire extuingisher?
Karen: Well the fire dept could take time to arrive and I could try to put out the fire
Me: (clearing throat, sipping drink, rolling eyes, pick one) There you go, now you know why.
If they still don't get it, they never will
Not bad, a thread from 2008...you are taking queues from our very own @RedBull I see....

This being an old thread, I would like to take a minute and mention how glad I am that I live in a country where I have never had or felt I had the need to be in possession of a firearm to defend myself (knock on wood).

For the last 57 yrs of life I have never got into one here at home and I've been in almost every major city in the country.

Even if I did, handguns are banned here and we have never had a carry law nor a castle law.
Where is home? I've been getting the feeling that this forum is predominantly British. I'm in South Florida (but that's obvious lol)

Back