Friend asked my advice on a concealed carry gun for his wife

so i gave him my advice:

"i recommend letting her pull it out of the case, make sure the barrel is not to long or that its too bulky, it needs to be concealed easily and comfortably just about anywhere on her body she wishes to hide it. she needs not only to like the feel of it, but make sure it fits nicely in her hands and not awkward. practice pulling it out quickly so that its almost instinctive in her hand. then she needs to aggressively handle it with precision, never loosing sight of the target and with steady pulls of the trigger till it goes off..repeatedly and without hesitation...then and only then will not only you, but she will be will be happy with her choice of "weapon"..... and then i would give her the $400 to go pick out the gun she wants too" ..... lol :laugh:

Glock 30, .45 cal. Lots of punch, small gun, great cc gun. Teach her to shoot a .45, she'll love it.

Good info. My girlfriend just applied for her ccp and we are shopping around for a gun for her. She liked the shield, just can't find a store with one in stock so she can physically hold and check out. I'm partial to my Glock as well.

HIGHLY recommend you consider Bodyguard instead, especially if she's unfamiliar (and intimidated/scared) by guns. My wife now shoots more than I get to.

she should... along with the rest of the advice here as far as training and practice and comfort, mindset and skills and scenario development (especially drawing, so many people can shoot well and never practice drawing)...go to the range and rent/borrow/try firearms until she finds one that fits her and allows her to acheive all of the above. the new S&W's are very comfortable and ive noticed women finding them to work well for them because of the adjustable size and contoured grips ("palmswell" sounds so...well nevermind)

ya know...folks should really read my post with a bit of a "twisted" sense of humor....but ...:thumbsup: for the good advice lol

Imagine if Everyone was Armed ? Or they could be ? ...................I think a Criminal would think twice about.............................Just saying ???

great read from a writer and member of a firearms org i belong to talks about the truths about those who "serve and protect" and their training and accuracy rates...

Myth - 'Only Ones' With Badges Possessing Jedi Like Gun Handling Skills

The article would be better not sounding so opinionated and gun bible thumping but I guess thats OK given the venue (he should proof read it to). Hes right about the training but what would be better? i can tell you that the qual is a relative joke and it definitely is designed to meet a minimum standard of profeciency and legal requirements BUT training is not the only issue. watch the NY video and the two officers are night and day in their responses. the front officer draws goes combat ready and fires from a tactical stance (no sound so hard to tell when he begins to fire) the SECOND officer however is a different story...his first reaction is to duck behind his partner. Eventually he draws his firearm and aims in with ONE hand and fires strong hand unsupported while side stepping AWAY from his target. I promise you that every training and qual course unsupported shooting gets the least amount of rounds dedicated to it but its touched on to satisfy legal requirements. in the ICE course there are 3 rounds fired strong hand unsupported at 7 yards. 3 out of 50. So why then did that officer revert to that technique while increasing the distance between him and his target? some people are born officers/soldiers some people are hired and trained to be officers/soldiers.

ya know...folks should really read my post with a bit of a "twisted" sense of humor....but ...:thumbsup: for the good advice lol

I have to say when I first read your original post, I thought of "this is my rifle, this is my gun".......:whistle:

Hickok45 on youtube lays it out nicely. Best gun blog on the net. I keep a CZ40B and an extra magazine in the small toolbox on the Harley, a Poland P64 in the left saddlebag as a throwaway and a GP100 filled with hydroshocks in the right bag. Girlfriend prefers the Ruger, loves to shoot it at the range. I'll give to to her after I locate a 44 Redhawk to replace it with. She'll stick it in her big-ass purse. Has before and it disappears under a bunch of other stuff...

Back