Apparently I disrespected some dik at the bar tonight

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Haven't been out in quite a while so I thought I would go check out this watering hole I have not been to for years. Walk in,crowd was small but there were a few ladies to say howdy to. So I walk over to the bar and there is my old buddy/bartender from another joint back in the projects sitting at one end having a beer. One of the waitress's is seating people (covid thing) she yells to my buddy "Do you know this guy?" Paulie is like "Hell ya,send him over." There are 5 chairs at the section of the bar. Paulie is at one end,this shmuck is at the other.Paulie introduces me to the ladies and the girl behind the bar and this fug drinking buddy of his. I grab a stool and put my lid on the bar in front of an' empty stool beside me. I'm paying this guy no attention when my buddy says slide your lid over to me. I'm thinking he wants to check it out or something.He takes my lid and puts it on the stool between us. Now I'm finally hearing this jackA$$ as he begins to go off about disrespect and he doesn't wanna look at it (my lid) etc. Well I'm quik to boil and start poking my finger in his face saying he can go fug off. I tell him lets go. He beaks some more. Now I'm standing in his face making a puppet gesture with my hand telling him he's all mouth and nothing else. The girls are looking,the bartender, she's trying not to smile,etc. So whatever I figure. I ignore him,he appologises a couple times,I say whatever,just let it go. He keeps going on and I say to him that its time for him to leave and I'll be leaving with him. He has another beer,pays his bill and splits. My bro says just let it go. I'm like fine. Well at closing I ask the bartender whats the damage? (my bill) She say's its been taken care of. I say wow,thats a nice welcome to the neighborhood. She says,not me honey,that guy you threatened payed your bill. Too funny.
Anyway...the big question. Have I been living under a rock? What did I miss? This guy made himself out to be a big bad biker dude and that I should have left my lid outside on my bike. That my lid could be taken as a sign of a weapon. I'm not leaving my lid out in a bar parking lot. To bad for him.
Have I broken some biker code?
Rubb.

Sounds like you had some fun, and that guy was out of his league giving you the old 'you disrespected me' routine!
Typical bully tactics from him, starting on you about your helmet being in the bar, and typical of a bully, backing down when you stood your ground and told him to go suck eggs.
I for one NEVER leave my helmet or my bike in the carpark UNLESS I can monitor it at all times. So I don't think you 'broke any biker code' at all.
I would've loved to be with you at that bar . . . sounds like a cool time to be had by all!
Bonus you had your drinks paid for, now next time you see that dude, give him a high five and tell him it's all cool.

I pretty much never go anywhere I need to carry my helmet in with me anymore but when I did, I carried it in. They're too easy to steal leaving them outside. The issue might have been putting a possibly stinky helmet on the bar but that doesn't seem like it should be a big enough problem to take up with a stranger. I would usually look for a place on the floor if I set a helmet down. If it falls on the floor you might as well have left it on the bike.

I have worked the door in a lot of rough bars. And he is right in one way, that it is a weapon, seen it. Some places even could not serve bottles because of it becoming a WDD (weapon of drunken destruction) He is wrong to do something with your helmet, not without asking your permission first. A simple “do you mind if...” would have made the difference to Rubb I am sure.
If I a biker wanted to bring in his helmet I would always explain the dangers to them, take them to a storage closet back stage ant let them put their helmet in them selves or ask the bartender to show them where they can put it behind the bar.
a little respect shown and everyone is happy and safe.

Ruhbah,!!!! That was me.

I was gonna take your lid and smash your noggin with it. But then the little angel sitting on my shoulder said, “treat others the way you wish to be treated”, so I paid your bill and left the bar.

Just jokin brotha

Seriously though, that sounds almost like Biden sending Trump the nicest message ever, wishing him well to recover from Covid.

Bonus you had your drinks paid for, now next time you see that dude, give him a high five and tell him it's all cool.
Ya man. It's all good. I just didn't see the need for any of it.As for a high-5...I dunno. I think he may just have a personality type I don't like.
I pretty much never go anywhere I need to carry my helmet in with me anymore but when I did, I carried it in. They're too easy to steal leaving them outside. The issue might have been putting a possibly stinky helmet on the bar but that doesn't seem like it should be a big enough problem to take up with a stranger. I would usually look for a place on the floor if I set a helmet down. If it falls on the floor you might as well have left it on the bike.
$1200 dolla lid,outside.Not mine. Its fall here and my lid would have been wet. The little punks around here are stealing trophys. Car emblems,Harley gas caps,etc. Its my personal property right. Is it not mine to do with what I want? The floor Mythos? Ever seen whats on the floor when the lights come on in a bar at closing...YUK. LOL.
Best cure for a stinky helmet? Chew some gum while you wear it.
I checked Bro...my lid don't stink. But valid point. LOL.
I have worked the door in a lot of rough bars. And he is right in one way, that it is a weapon, seen it. Some places even could not serve bottles because of it becoming a WDD (weapon of drunken destruction) He is wrong to do something with your helmet, not without asking your permission first. A simple “do you mind if...” would have made the difference to Rubb I am sure.
If I a biker wanted to bring in his helmet I would always explain the dangers to them, take them to a storage closet back stage ant let them put their helmet in them selves or ask the bartender to show them where they can put it behind the bar.
a little respect shown and everyone is happy and safe.
Ya Tet. I worked some ruff joints myself in my younger days. Bikers were "asked" if they wanted to stow any gear in the coat check. It wasn't mandatory,but most did. We didn't think of them as weapons as doormen and bartenders really. I gave notice to quit one night when the cops came in and told us some heavy hitters were coming to town looking for somebody and that they were prolly carrying automatic weapons with them...maybe not to shoot up our place but none the less. That was my last night. I had a young son and 15 bucks an' hour was not worth dying for.
Ruhbah,!!!! That was me.

I was gonna take your lid and smash your noggin with it. But then the little angel sitting on my shoulder said, “treat others the way you wish to be treated”, so I paid your bill and left the bar.

Just jokin brotha

Seriously though, that sounds almost like Biden sending Trump the nicest message ever, wishing him well to recover from Covid.
You're funny Bro. The "Treat Others" thing right. It's actually very easy to just get along. There were other ways to handle such a petty little thing.
I just thought I would ask you boyz thinking I was sick the day they taught proper biker helmet usage in a bar.
When I rode all them Harleys for years I would walk in a bar and plunk my skull cap down on a table or chair...never had issue. In fact it was sometimes a conversation starter. "What do you ride blah blah blah...."
There was once or twice when a chic would ask for a ride. Me being the consummate gentleman that I am...I always obliged. :thumbsup:
blonde.gif
=
riding gif.gif
=
kiss.gif

Rubb.

harley gif.gif

Ya man. It's all good. I just didn't see the need for any of it.As for a high-5...I dunno. I think he may just have a personality type I don't like.

$1200 dolla lid,outside.Not mine. Its fall here and my lid would have been wet. The little punks around here are stealing trophys. Car emblems,Harley gas caps,etc. Its my personal property right. Is it not mine to do with what I want? The floor Mythos? Ever seen whats on the floor when the lights come on in a bar at closing...YUK. LOL.

I checked Bro...my lid don't stink. But valid point. LOL.

Ya Tet. I worked some ruff joints myself in my younger days. Bikers were "asked" if they wanted to stow any gear in the coat check. It wasn't mandatory,but most did. We didn't think of them as weapons as doormen and bartenders really. I gave notice to quit one night when the cops came in and told us some heavy hitters were coming to town looking for somebody and that they were prolly carrying automatic weapons with them...maybe not to shoot up our place but none the less. That was my last night. I had a young son and 15 bucks an' hour was not worth dying for.

You're funny Bro. The "Treat Others" thing right. It's actually very easy to just get along. There were other ways to handle such a petty little thing.
I just thought I would ask you boyz thinking I was sick the day they taught proper biker helmet usage in a bar.
When I rode all them Harleys for years I would walk in a bar and plunk my skull cap down on a table or chair...never had issue. In fact it was sometimes a conversation starter. "What do you ride blah blah blah...."
There was once or twice when a chic would ask for a ride. Me being the consummate gentleman that I am...I always obliged. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1627276 = View attachment 1627278 =View attachment 1627277
Rubb.

View attachment 1627279
Hi. Rubb. Every one is a tuff guy until they meet one.

Hi. Rubb. Every one is a tuff guy until they meet one.
:laugh: I am not a tuff guy at all Michael...dont want to be. But I dont want somebody in my face ruining my good time when I was minding my own business. We've all encountered these A$$-HATS from time to time. Its funny...you can usually spot them by their mannerisms long before they open their mouths. I sometimes catch myself thinking..."Here we go again."
Rubb.

You,me and a few of other guys here on the Org...
I can picture the trouble we could get into hanging out together. I'm sure blood and teeth and possible lengthy prison stays would be involved. :laugh:

I'm in...View attachment 1627285
Rubb.
It becomes that age-old question: is it worth the trip to prison

[EDIT] And allow me to elaborate. On a smaller scale, I apply this rationale often: for example, if I exceed the posted speed limit, but in doing so, avoid potentially dangerous situations, it's worth the cost of the ticket.

Haven't been out in quite a while so I thought I would go check out this watering hole I have not been to for years. Walk in,crowd was small but there were a few ladies to say howdy to. So I walk over to the bar and there is my old buddy/bartender from another joint back in the projects sitting at one end having a beer. One of the waitress's is seating people (covid thing) she yells to my buddy "Do you know this guy?" Paulie is like "Hell ya,send him over." There are 5 chairs at the section of the bar. Paulie is at one end,this shmuck is at the other.Paulie introduces me to the ladies and the girl behind the bar and this fug drinking buddy of his. I grab a stool and put my lid on the bar in front of an' empty stool beside me. I'm paying this guy no attention when my buddy says slide your lid over to me. I'm thinking he wants to check it out or something.He takes my lid and puts it on the stool between us. Now I'm finally hearing this jackA$$ as he begins to go off about disrespect and he doesn't wanna look at it (my lid) etc. Well I'm quik to boil and start poking my finger in his face saying he can go fug off. I tell him lets go. He beaks some more. Now I'm standing in his face making a puppet gesture with my hand telling him he's all mouth and nothing else. The girls are looking,the bartender, she's trying not to smile,etc. So whatever I figure. I ignore him,he appologises a couple times,I say whatever,just let it go. He keeps going on and I say to him that its time for him to leave and I'll be leaving with him. He has another beer,pays his bill and splits. My bro says just let it go. I'm like fine. Well at closing I ask the bartender whats the damage? (my bill) She say's its been taken care of. I say wow,thats a nice welcome to the neighborhood. She says,not me honey,that guy you threatened payed your bill. Too funny.
Anyway...the big question. Have I been living under a rock? What did I miss? This guy made himself out to be a big bad biker dude and that I should have left my lid outside on my bike. That my lid could be taken as a sign of a weapon. I'm not leaving my lid out in a bar parking lot. To bad for him.
Have I broken some biker code?
Rubb.
Most everywhere I ride my helmet goes in with me and most of the m.c. members I ride with do the same. One thing I can say good about covid is a lot of times I just leave my helmet on waking into restaurants or whatever it's just easier then putting a face diaper on and off to get to my table and we usually use the table that's closed in between open tables to set all our helmets and jackets on which is kind of nice. Now i am gonna bring up the same thing that @c10 did and ask you if that was just some soda you were drinking in there, I know i have my demons and there are certain things that can just not be put in front of me because I won't say no. I know you've fought your demons and would really hate to see you get back on that road rubb.

Back