What gun do u carry when riding,

You can just put your address here no one with see it. :rofl::rofl:

Well... I would but then I would have to deal with stalkers again... oh wait a min. I think TX has the same self defense laws as florida...right ???

ok, no problem

00 00 Buck Shot Ln
Comegetsome, Tx 91191

Well... I would but then I would have to deal with stalkers again... oh wait a min. I think TX has the same self defense laws as florida...right ???

ok, no problem

00 00 Buck Shot Ln
Comegetsome, Tx 91191

Wait I thought TX only had steers and ? hmmmm what was that other thing TX had? ???

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :poke: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

hey we dont talk about broke back busa here lol

hmmmm it took some scrolling and going thru 12 pages but I have proof.

"Quote Originally Posted by card16969 View Post
im totally down if i can come up with the money to afford the trip... maybe we will just go up to tawas and get a room for the night and park the bikes at my families house in the garage and go and relax

Did you just ask me out on a date? at least buy me dinner."

:poke: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait I thought TX only had steers and ? hmmmm what was that other thing TX had? ???

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :poke: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey.... I only reside in TX because my wife is from there... I come from VA !!!!:cursin:

im totally down if i can come up with the money to afford the trip... maybe we will just go up to tawas and get a room for the night and park the bikes at my families house in the garage and go and relax

:rofl::rofl::rofl:I knew I wasn't the only one that thought this wasn't right:rofl::rofl::rofl:

hey all you guys are getting together from all over the country for the "spring bash".... thats a whole lot of guys sharing hotel rooms lmfao

hey all you guys are getting together from all over the country for the "spring bash".... thats a whole lot of guys sharing hotel rooms lmfao

Thats a huge organized event, with limited rooms in one area...

You are talking about just you and BDBusa getting a room together (2 guys, no event, just random), parking the bikes at a safe location, (Get liquored up..???) and "RELAX"..... hmmm, thats what they call it now a days... :banghead:

Thats a huge organized event, with limited rooms in one area...

You are talking about just you and BDBusa getting a room together (2 guys, no event, just random), parking the bikes at a safe location, (Get liquored up..???) and "RELAX"..... hmmm, thats what they call it now a days... :banghead:

for my 300th post i'm just going to :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Removing a jacket and going from concealed to open carry is different but being in a iwb holster and having it hanging out is illegal and what miopencarry.org and opencarry.org and other sites say vs what actually happens in court is a completely different thing. You can interpret a law in any way that you want but its the judge that your dealing with that really matters which was a huge ordeal last year when in grand rapids they had a case of this where a man was cited by an officer for imprinting so he tucked his shirt under the grip of the pistol and when he got out of the vehicle in front of another officer later in the day he was arrested for brandishing a weapon because he didnt cover the pistol back up with his shirt after exiting the vehicle... the laws of going between concealed carry to open carry are very vague and need to be revised because they are open to way too much of interpretation and 6 judges all agreed that the laws need to be fixed. Just like it is illegal to open carry on a motorcycle in the state of michigan because it is operating a vehicle while carrying a loaded weapon and falls under the same laws as transporting a loaded hunting rifle.

My man, you are very confused. A pistol is not required to follow the "transportation" guidelines if you have your CPl. According to your post, everyone ( even with a cpl) would have to disarm before entering their car. On the hot days in the summer here I may ride with a vest that can't cover my XD40, so I open carry. The only way your post is true is if you are talking about someone without a CPL. Then they have to disarm before entering a car. This draws A gray line about motorcycles. Are you "in" one or "on" one. There is not currently a case pertaining to this, so no one is to sure. Get your cpl and be done with it.

I have a good friend that is a pro 2nd MI state police, and if you really want to discuss this stuff, I can hook you two up do discussion.

My man, you are very confused. A pistol is not required to follow the "transportation" guidelines if you have your CPl. According to your post, everyone ( even with a cpl) would have to disarm before entering their car. On the hot days in the summer here I may ride with a vest that can't cover my XD40, so I open carry. The only way your post is true is if you are talking about someone without a CPL. Then they have to disarm before entering a car. This draws A gray line about motorcycles. Are you "in" one or "on" one. There is not currently a case pertaining to this, so no one is to sure. Get your cpl and be done with it.

I have a good friend that is a pro 2nd MI state police, and if you really want to discuss this stuff, I can hook you two up do discussion.

Even with a cpl in michigan when open carrying if you ride on a motorcycle you are following open carry laws because you are not enclosed in a vehicle where the gun becomes concealed once enterting the vehicle there for carrying a loaded weapon is illegal, under concealed carry law the gun must remain concealed at all times if not the gun being exposed falls under brandishing laws. I just called two different law offices to ask the question and thats how both offices explained it. By law you either follow open carry or concealed carry and im just going by what i was told by 2 different lawyers and after the case that was all over the news last year. Thats the problem is theres too much interpretation and it becomes a gray area.

Even with a cpl in michigan when open carrying if you ride on a motorcycle you are following open carry laws because you are not enclosed in a vehicle where the gun becomes concealed once enterting the vehicle there for carrying a loaded weapon is illegal, under concealed carry law the gun must remain concealed at all times if not the gun being exposed falls under brandishing laws. I just called two different law offices to ask the question and thats how both offices explained it. By law you either follow open carry or concealed carry and im just going by what i was told by 2 different lawyers and after the case that was all over the news last year. Thats the problem is theres too much interpretation and it becomes a gray area.

I still have to disagree, respectfully of course.

<snip>
not enclosed in a vehicle where the gun becomes concealed once enterting the vehicle there for carrying a loaded weapon is illegal
<snip>

That is where you're argument falls apart. So when I open carry, and I get into my car, you are saying I am breaking the law. That is simply not true.

See here:
Livonia PD just pulled me over for OC'ing on motorcycle (long thread, but a ton of informaton)

And here
Open carry on a motorcycle

The only questionable part is when the actual law is read, is the fact that it says (note: this is for NON CPL holders):
(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
You are on a motorcycle, not in a motorcycle, but there has not been a test trial, so without a cpl, it is highly not recommended to OC without a CPL on a bike.

This is also a file you should read, Michigan state police legal update Number 86, as of October 6th 2010.
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/MSP_Legal_Update_No._86_2_336854_7.pdf

Late note, You are referring to "open carry laws" There are no such thing. This is not a law to permit open carry, but it is the fact that there are no laws prohibiting open carry.

No. If you have a CPL, you can open carry on your bike, or carry concealed, or anything in between! That is the law.

cant carry in canada, guns at least
I generally have most if not all of these on me though, sometimes for comfort reasons I leave the axe at home. The rest are either on my belt or in a forearm holder on my left arm cause I am right handed.
hope the attachment worked

IMG_0443.jpg

Well, I have been waffling back and forth on this issue of carrying concealed..... but no more. I've decided to stop waffling and just do it.

So.... went shopping this weekend for a weapon that is much more CCW-friendly that either of the big Springfield Armory weapons I own.... both the hefty XD(m) and the humongous 1911 Long Slide are both relatively sub-optimal choices for CCW use.

And came home with this 9mm beauty here... now I am set! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SW-MP-Shield.jpg

for upcoming HIH information for anyone wishing to carry... but this apply s to pa only as we may be in Maryland ... rules are WAY different and they do not honor our LTCF

Attachments

• Pennsylvania_Gun_Rights.pdf
    279.3 KB · Views: 123
Back