Small, EASILY concealable pistol opinions??

Tiller

Registered
Ok guys, I am looking to buy me a new gun that I can EASILY conceal on my body. Either pocket size than can fit into a pocket or maybe a small belt holster. I am not looking at the expensive guns like Kahr and Glock's are even more than I would like to spend right now.

So what would you reccomend as an EASILY concealable handgun?

These are just a few of the options I am finding: Any more recommendations or pros and cons of the ones listed?

-Rugler LCP
-Ruger LC9
-Taurus TCP .380
-S&W bodyguard .380
-Bersa Thunder .380
-Taurus SLIM 740 .40
-Diamonback DB9 (pretty much out of the question on reliability but thought i'd share)

Others????

Any thoughts are appreciated. I want to primarily focus on the easily concealable.

I have both the LCP and the LC9 Both VERY concealable, the LCP moreso. If I could choose only one, it'd be the LC9 for obvious reasons.
You can't go wrong with any of your choices really. Many have had issues with the Bodyguard, but many haven't as well... :beerchug:

Have u considered a ruger lcr? Buddy has one and it is amazing how easy it is to conceal. Id say any ruger ud ve good with. I conveal and carry a beretta 9000s, its a lil larger than mosy but me being a larger guy I feel a lil more comfortable with a lil more size.

I have an LCR as well. Not nearly as concealable as the LC twins. :laugh:

But in an ankle holster, its the bomb! :beerchug:

S&W Bodygaurd .380 for me. One of the few that still have a real safety. Like any gun, go to the range and rent/try them out first. A fun day of shooting and get to feel them all in your hand and find the right fit for you.

Have u considered a ruger lcr? Buddy has one and it is amazing how easy it is to conceal. Id say any ruger ud ve good with. I conveal and carry a beretta 9000s, its a lil larger than mosy but me being a larger guy I feel a lil more comfortable with a lil more size.

TBB has an LCR and it is very nice.... just not a revolver man

The LC9 has a thumb safety as well.

Another option is the new Smith and Wesson M&P "Shield" its a super slim 9mm and 40mm. My M&P 40 Compact is pretty small, I'm curious how they could make it much thinner..
It's on their website now.
M&P Shield

Not quite as small as some mentioned here but I really really want a Springfield EMP:drool: Might be worth a look to you:dunno:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Don't forget to check out the Kel Tec's too if you are on a strict budget. Never heard a personal complaint about them (sure there will be some on the internet, but that goes for everything...)

Kel Tec CNC

Don't forget to check out the Kel Tec's too if you are on a strict budget. Never heard a personal complaint about them (sure there will be some on the internet, but that goes for everything...)

Kel Tec CNC

Ahh yes the PF9 was another one I wanted to check out. Added to the list. Thanks :beerchug:

I am about to leave for a few week ride and want something small I can put in my jacket pocket. So i'm in the same boat right now and actually just got back from looking at a few small handguns.
I CC a PT-111 Taurus but being double stack it's a little thick to put in my jacket.

I personally like the feel of the PF9 vs the LC9.

I also checked out the LCP and the TCP And I liked the TCP better then the LCP. The TCP has a slightly bigger feel (if that's even possible with such a tiny gun) then the LCP.

The LC9 is $259 at local gun store and the TCP is $199 at Academy

I have two friends with the kel-tec PF9. Never had any real problems but they both want to upgrade after shooting the bodygaurd. The feel, fit, and finish is lacking on the Kel-Tec. But it is cheap. not a bad gun overall but I would and did spend the few extra dollars to a better feeling gun.

edit* this is the opinion of three people. everyone has a different opinion on these matters. Very subjective

I am about to leave for a few week ride and want something small I can put in my jacket pocket. So i'm in the same boat right now and actually just got back from looking at a few small handguns.
I CC a PT-111 Taurus but being double stack it's a little thick to put in my jacket.

I personally like the feel of the PF9 vs the LC9.

I also checked out the LCP and the TCP And I liked the TCP better then the LCP. The TCP has a slightly bigger feel (if that's even possible with such a tiny gun) then the LCP.

The LC9 is $259 at local gun store and the TCP is $199 at Academy

259 for the LC9! Wow thats a great price. I think at my local academy the LC9 is $359 and the TCP is $279.

Also, regarding the TCP and LCP, TwoBrothers Busa tells me he likes the feel of the LCP better because he think there isn't enough handle on the TCP. So I will definately have to look closely at the TCP. Thanks :beerchug:

I carry a Kahr CM9 and it is great. I have been eyeing the new Sig P38 though, it is a very compact 9mm. I have one coming in at a local gunsmith so I can shoot it and make a decision on adding it to my arsenal. I had considered the Bodyguard, but in the end figured I would not be happy with a .380 and wanted a sub-compact 9mm. The size is not much different, but the caliber is a much better option in a situation you need it. Put the 9mm in with some Hornady Critical Defense rounds, and you are set.

The Kahr CM9
cm9093_rt-tfb.jpg

The Sig P938
P938%20Extreme.jpg

Plus if you get the Pearce grip extension on the LCP it makes a HUGE difference!

photo 4.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Back