It was a good weekend.... Guns!!!

Tiller

Registered
I went from having no guns to three in one weekend!!

I bought a Taurus TCP .380 hangun to pocket carry. Put 100 rounds through it the next day without a single hiccup and I am a better shot with it than a Ruger LCP. Very happy with this gun and it came from the factory with 2 mags.

100_6155.jpg

I also visited my grandfather this weekend and came home with an old Mossberg bolt-action, single shot, .410 shot gun. This thing was a BLAST at the range. Could hit ANYTHING you want and would eject a shell about 30 ft. It was extremely well cared for and shot flawlessly.

100_6156.jpg

100_6158.jpg

Also let my wife in on the fun. Bought her a Savage semi-automatic .22 LR with scope to enjoy some long range target practice. Had some feeding issues with the mag at first but I think it just needed some rounds run through it with better ammo. This thing is fun and can hit targets at 50 yds no problem.

100_6159.jpg

100_6161.jpg

Overall was a great weekend spent at the range with family and now have a well defended home :thumbsup:

this was our addiction over the weekend...beer and guns...we call it ...hillbilly airsoft!! :laugh:

SANY3624.jpg

be careful with the taurus my buddy had one blow up in his hands and ive seen several of the crack down the polymer handle... not hating on you for buying to gun just be careful i was there when it blew up and took him to the hospital for the stitches

I think you short of a shotgun to complete the range.

The one with the brown stock is a shotgun

be careful with the taurus my buddy had one blow up in his hands and ive seen several of the crack down the polymer handle... not hating on you for buying to gun just be careful i was there when it blew up and took him to the hospital for the stitches

I put 100 rounds through it saturday without any failures to feed or eject. It seems well made and felt good in my hand. From the little I have shot it, I have nothing but confidence in the Taurus. Sorry about your buddy tho :beerchug:

I thought you were on a budget ???

AFTER you get your CCW, we'll have to compare soon (enough) :whistle:

I thought you were on a budget ???

AFTER you get your CCW, we'll have to compare soon (enough) :whistle:

We were on a budget :whistle:. If I went to expensive on a handgun we wouldn't have been able to get Diana a .22 which she really had fun with at the range. And the shotgun was given to me by my grandfather.

I did compare the Taurus side by side with the BG and the Taurus is thinner and is the same length and height. It was just less bulky in my pocket.

I have that EXACT same Mossberg .410 in Mint condition. It was my fathers when he was a youngster, and even though its only worth around 100 bucks, it is priceless in my mind. I actually took it skeet shooting this weekend! :thumbsup:

I have that EXACT same Mossberg .410 in Mint condition. It was my fathers when he was a youngster, and even though its only worth around 100 bucks, it is priceless in my mind. I actually took it skeet shooting this weekend! :thumbsup:

Thats great :thumbsup: My grandfather had this one but it belonged to my Uncle who died about 10 years ago and hadn't been shot since then. Gave it a good cleaning and took it shooting. This one is not mint by any means but it sure shoots like it. I was blowing up coffee cans back to about 25 yards :beerchug:

The one with the brown stock is a shotgun

I put 100 rounds through it saturday without any failures to feed or eject. It seems well made and felt good in my hand. From the little I have shot it, I have nothing but confidence in the Taurus. Sorry about your buddy tho :beerchug:

just keep a good eye on it and clean it regularly and you shouldnt have to worry

I havn't been around for awhile but was checking out the latest and came across this thread. Addiction is the word when you get into shooting. My son bought the new sr22 ruger pistol so I had to have one. Great shooter and really started costing me money cause it brought on more purchases. Used xdm 40 springfield and bushmaster ar 15. Then comes the ammo. Dang I got to stop buyin cause I'm out of money. If you have a 40 and want a 9mm check out storm lake barrels. I bought one for my xdm and it works great. Saves a little on ammo also.

Back