My new conceal carry toy

lil charlie

Registered
I've been looking for something to conceal that's not too small (like the S&W .380 bodyguard) but still easy to hide. My buddy was selling his pistol (I even listed it here in the org for him) but nobody offered him more than $350 for it and his asking price was $400. I wanted it but didn't have the cash. Fast forward a few weeks and he had a buyer fall through and I came up with the cash so I got it for $375. It's a Springfield Arms XD subcompact .40. He only put two rounds through it so he decided to get rid I it. I got the pistol, original box, 4 standard mags, 1 high capacity mag, 2 mag holder, leather conceal carry inside the belt holster, and 248 (because he shot it twice) jacketed rounds, and a box of 20 home defense hollow point rounds. All in all I think it's a good deal. Now I need to get my CCW for Texas. In Arizona you don't need one so I never got it. I found a link online that says theres some loophole In The law and you can do a Virginia online corse and Texas honors it but i don't want to do that.... I will take the course here and make sure it can't be stripped from me.

image-672869884.jpg

Very nice weapon. I've been thinking about one for a while now. Also not my choice for a cc but a nice gun never the less.
I use a Keltec pf9 as a cc. Works great for me. I've only had it for a couple months but I've put about 800 trouble free rounds through it.

I think that's a really good deal. Make sure you have a COMPLETE bill of sale, both for your and the seller's protection. Always keep a paperwork trail, and do the right thing to carry within the law.

I want one in 45 Cal. Congrats. Good idea on taking the course, I didnt need to here in fla, just need a dd214, but I am thinking lately that I probably should go spend a day, bring wife and kids and make it a family outing.

I think that's a really good deal. Make sure you have a COMPLETE bill of sale, both for your and the seller's protection. Always keep a paperwork trail, and do the right thing to carry within the law.

I'm taking care of that tomorrow. I saved the one you posted up a week or so ago to my desktop at work.

I spent my middle school & HIgh school years and a few more in the Washington DC area. I was robbed at gun point once, had a knife pulled on me in a fight, and was in a drive by shooting where my friend was shot in the chest (he lived). Then I moved to AZ, turned 21, and bought a few hand guns. I used to conceal carry there all the time but I lived in a tiny town where nothing ever happened to me. Two years ago my son was born and my wife made me lock it up in the safe. Then we moved to TX and some of my job sites are in crappy areas.

I sold my Glock a few months ago because I never shot it an my wife made me keep it locked up. That was a mistake.... Some of my jobs are in crappy areas and Right before christmas had to go to an empty lot in the getto that has some abandoned buildings next to it. I pride myself on being aware of my surroundings and used to train people in surveillance and counter surveillance. I did a drive by of the site, and kept a very watchful eye. I got trapped by 3 homeless guys with knives and a baseball bat. They were nice about it saying they were only robbing me because they were cold and hungry. They got my watch and $300 I forgot I had in my truck. I was smart enough to leave my wallet on my desk.

I wanted to make myself feel better and prove that it didn't sour me so I went into my closet and grabbed a coat, some pants, and some food and gave it to a homeless man by my office that I drive by everyday. I didn't want him to fell like he needed to rob someone too. The next thing I did was pull more money out of the bank and call my buddy to see if his SA-XD was still available. It was and I told my wife I'm not locking it up. I didn't tell her I got mugged but told her I almost did so she would understand why I wanted another gun. I wanted a larger conceal gun so this is perfect for me.

Sounds like you got your head screwed on straight. I myself would not shoot someone over a money or property but I wouldn't let them take it if I was armed and would only shoot if in fear of my life or those around me.

Nice gun. I won an auction on a Glock 22 today on gunbroker. Still surprised at closing price and fact it's coming with 3 hi cap mags.

I have the same exact gun with the extended mag. Unfortuntelty it just sits on my nightstand since I bought my LCP.. The Springfield XD SUB 40 is an awesome gun and I have put over 5000 rounds through mine and cant remember it jamming.
IMO its like carrying a brick around when going out to eat or sitting.

Recommend a extended slide release and some trigger work. I got a xd45 and did both mods. The trigger work I recommend is the trigger over travel mod and trigger pre load take up. I did the precision springer trigger bar and sear. Kept the same trigger weight, but got rid of the long sloppy trigger pull. It improves trigger control and feel. I have done all my glocks too with the ghost rocket trigger and set screw for take up preload. Helps tighten up your groupings too.

Recommend a extended slide release and some trigger work. I got a xd45 and did both mods. The trigger work I recommend is the trigger over travel mod and trigger pre load take up. I did the precision springer trigger bar and sear. Kept the same trigger weight, but got rid of the long sloppy trigger pull. It improves trigger control and feel. I have done all my glocks too with the ghost rocket trigger and set screw for take up preload. Helps tighten up your groupings too.

Ive never mod'ed a gun beofre and have always wanted to. I want to get some better sites for it and do some triggger work to it. Where is a good place to get parts for this?

for $375 and all the extra's I think you got a heck of a deal!!!!
I am still in the market for a new CC gun and I will be checking these out as well.
But so far my first choice is the Glock 26

I've had 4 glocks in the past and like everyone of them but I've been wanted to try Springfiled Armory for a while now

Back