a little gun history

proud dad

Registered
True or not?

A Little Gun History Lesson

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

--------------------------- ---&nb sp;

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated

------------------------------

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million poli tical dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million ' educated ' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

------ ------ ------------------

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homic ides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that whilethe law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!

While figures ove r the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won ' t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time s omeone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.

With Guns...........We Are 'Citizens'.
Without Them........We Are 'Subjects'.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED !

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who c rafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attach? to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U . S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U . S. & knew that almost all households had guns.

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all your friends!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Amen brother. I'll put mine in a deep hole before I give them up and get them and use them when they are needed. :beerchug:

Well it's also important to remember that Gun legislation in the US started as a way to keep blacks from obtaining weapons to defend themselves.

Registering of firearms was and still is a simple and effective way of preventing law abiding minorities from obtaining a firearm for defense. It was simple, just don't allow the minorities to register, or deny them a permit.

Oddly enough even back then it was largely Democrats who wrote and supported most of the "Black" gun laws as they were called.

Guns kill children. :poke:

and cars cause drunk people to kill themselves. I've yet to see a gun kill someone. Now people with guns can kill other people but it takes a person to misuse the gun. The point being, guns are just a tool that help to show other greater problems that exist in our communities.

Gun control is a waste of taxpayers money. There are plenty of laws on the books currently to deal with crimes that include use of a gun, the problem, liberals are too soft on criminals. Go back to public hanging for punishment of crimes commited with guns and I bet the nubers would drop significantly. Three squares a day, cable TV, and a bed is not a deterrent, rope around the neck is.

and cars cause drunk people to kill themselves. I've yet to see a gun kill someone. Now people with guns can kill other people but it takes a person to misuse the gun. The point being, guns are just a tool that help to show other greater problems that exist in our communities.

Gun control is a waste of taxpayers money. There are plenty of laws on the books currently to deal with crimes that include use of a gun, the problem, liberals are too soft on criminals. Go back to public hanging for punishment of crimes commited with guns and I bet the nubers would drop significantly. Three squares a day, cable TV, and a bed is not a deterrent, rope around the neck is.

I think you are wrong. This isn't the wild west or the days of the frontier.

I think you are wrong. This isn't the wild west or the days of the frontier.

I didn't say it was the wild west or days of the frontier. I said the liberal policies which have been enacted are not working. At some point we must realize that these feel good laws do no good unless they are backed with some real teeth. To deter crime the punishment must be one which causes people to stop and think before following through, A six year sentence to a state prison where you only serve two or three years simply does not scare most criminals. It's a way of life for them. They get caught then go to prison and learn better ways to commit crimes while reducing their chances of getting caught a second time. Most then get out and got back to doing what they did before, committing crimes. And while we are on the subject, not everyone that owned a gun in the days of the wildwest was a gunslinger or gunfighter. More so they were hard working people who used the gun to defend themselves and put food on the table.

I've carried a gun for years and it has yet to jump out of my holster and kill anyone. I also have not been the victim of a violent crime because for some reason criminals do not wish to do battle with a person who is armed and trained in the proper use of a firearm.

Do some research on crime rates and those crime rates in relation to states that have concealed carry laws. I do not know of one single state that didn't experience a drop in crime after the enactment of a concealed carry law. And I'm talking about a state that has a real law not just a fluff version where only certain people can obtain concealed carry permits.

Well it's also important to remember that Gun legislation in the US started as a way to keep blacks from obtaining weapons to defend themselves.

also important to remember that guns help Christian during the Crusaders to kill children, lil bunnies and those who didn't give money to the church :D

I finally joined the NRA, currently own 2 handguns, have an M1A on order and looking for an AR15. Why because I enjoy the sport. I don't carry a weapon on me but at the same time I have no problem with those that do. I have no problem with back ground checks as that will make it a little hard for the wrong kinds of people getting guns but not all of them. Like stated above. The only people that will turn their guns in are the law abiding ones and there will still be guns available for the non abiding. If people really want to stop gun crimes they need to go to the source. Back alleys in every major city.

I didn't say it was the wild west or days of the frontier. I said the liberal policies which have been enacted are not working. At some point we must realize that these feel good laws do no good unless they are backed with some real teeth. To deter crime the punishment must be one which causes people to stop and think before following through, A six year sentence to a state prison where you only serve two or three years simply does not scare most criminals. It's a way of life for them. They get caught then go to prison and learn better ways to commit crimes while reducing their chances of getting caught a second time. Most then get out and got back to doing what they did before, committing crimes. And while we are on the subject, not everyone that owned a gun in the days of the wildwest was a gunslinger or gunfighter. More so they were hard working people who used the gun to defend themselves and put food on the table.

I've carried a gun for years and it has yet to jump out of my holster and kill anyone. I also have not been the victim of a violent crime because for some reason criminals do not wish to do battle with a person who is armed and trained in the proper use of a firearm.

Do some research on crime rates and those crime rates in relation to states that have concealed carry laws. I do not know of one single state that didn't experience a drop in crime after the enactment of a concealed carry law. And I'm talking about a state that has a real law not just a fluff version where only certain people can obtain concealed carry permits.

No offense, but it all sounds like a bunch of sensationalism.

I doubt any of our members, barring LEO's, really NEED to visit the 'hood other than to play out somekind of gun oriented wet dream..

so... after purchasing a gun legally, and when the gooberment calls up to take them away, but you have lost your gun somehow, I mean just can't find it anywhere... what will they do? charge you a hefty fine for loosing something? if you don't have it, you can't turn it in. at least that is the physics of this planet as I understand it

Back