What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Fought a bit more with the Dan-Moto rearsets. I finally got them into a good position I am happy with how they feel. I have to get new hardware because in and out with the aluminum screws took a toll on them.
I am going to have to run a modified side stand because of the swoop the billet rear set shifter has.

View attachment 1589994

View attachment 1589995

View attachment 1589996

View attachment 1589997

View attachment 1589998
Sounds like a great excuse for titanium hardware!! Lol

Hi all. Ordered ARP 1/2 inch studs and APE manual cam chain tensioner pro series. I am leaving for Florida to pick up 7 bikes for my job. Then a stop in North Carolina for a stop at DME to pick up my fuel system parts. And a hole lot of info.

Reactions: c10
Yes but I will need help from the titanium gods aka c10 and RoadToad
These are the hardware that attach they are the Busa rearset bolts but flush mount heads

8E5688A0-4783-4B94-A9F0-F77CF1216D9E.jpeg

444C6813-C064-45FE-991E-0AC1990A3A80.jpeg

F3B78722-6CF1-423E-9F25-745C67F9F2BB.jpeg

Found a dirt cheap rear Galfer rotor and bought it, so need @c10 or @ROADTOAD1340 to provide details for me to order some titanium bolts to mount it. Do I just Order a set from those UK based eBay sellers, or not all titanium bolts are built the same?

Found a dirt cheap rear Galfer rotor and bought it, so need @c10 or @ROADTOAD1340 to provide details for me to order some titanium bolts to mount it. Do I just Order a set from those UK based eBay sellers, or not all titanium bolts are built the same?
Pro bolt usa is good stuff , and all UK sellers I have used were great too with better prices . China titanium is ok for non stress items . I pick up the M6 1.0 in bulk from china for random items , but all my M8 , and larger is the good stuff .

Pro bolt usa is good stuff , and all UK sellers I have used were great too with better prices . China titanium is ok for non stress items . I pick up the M6 1.0 in bulk from china for random items , but all my M8 , and larger is the good stuff .
Cool! I’ll probably order from a UK seller then. Thank you sir!

I would start an account with probolt , just for convenience and fast post ( I would think ) . Then you can order anything they list for Busa , and don't forget to check '08 Gen 2 to ' 12 , as well as later years . With ebay , never bought any from China listings , but all that c10 mentioned and titan classics is another UK , as well as some German sellers . Possibly , a lot of everyones titanium bolts are China sourced , but hard to verify .
You can press up Hayabusa titanium on ebay and any search , alway check the worldwide option after local check . You can try M8 , M10 , M6 and M5 titanium for selection of bolts / nuts in that size on ebay , and also titanium black for DLC coatings , and metric titanium , and M25 x 1.5mm Ti for axle nut . Hayabusa titanium search should produce , M10 X 1.25MM sprocket nuts , disc rotor bolts in sets and lots of other stuff , good luck lads .

No cheap gsxr1000 around, now that is getting cold?

Actually a few.
Still around $8-$10k for a '12 or '13 gsxr1k, which is what I've been stuck on for years.
But I can get an 01-06, or 04-09 zx10 in the $3k-$4k range...which makes me want to buy 2 older ones vs one later model.
One later model would be a high end parts money pit, vs 2 older that would get basic cheap mods and good stock suspension set-up.
The fact that I can buy something helps, considering I have a few priorities ahead of it. So I continue to window shop...and ride my friends bikes for free, being a bum has it's advantages!

Actually a few.
Still around $8-$10k for a '12 or '13 gsxr1k, which is what I've been stuck on for years.
But I can get an 01-06, or 04-09 zx10 in the $3k-$4k range...which makes me want to buy 2 older ones vs one later model.
One later model would be a high end parts money pit, vs 2 older that would get basic cheap mods and good stock suspension set-up.
The fact that I can buy something helps, considering I have a few priorities ahead of it. So I continue to window shop...and ride my friends bikes for free, being a bum has it's advantages!
Flat silver 04/05 ZX-10 is a great looking bike. I don't like the handling at all, but that motor though.....

Back