What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I finished mounting the Dan-Moto’s wasn’t as easy as they claim it was not so much a plug and play. I had to finagle and shift and move things around but all in all I got them staged. Waiting for the Ti Hardware now.

27D70EAE-B773-457E-83B6-EC7E9CEC9E55.jpeg

60BCDD95-4F43-46CD-B194-6A9DB0ADA3DB.jpeg

91FDE11E-685A-4F7C-BF87-FC8D9B2FC2CE.jpeg

D710E06F-D6ED-4255-BA27-E164CE56CA00.jpeg

FF9363BF-539D-4C60-89F7-5F5F75694914.jpeg

63F34410-0AFA-43A8-9FEA-A1FA5627DC16.jpeg

B171B6C9-7260-4E00-AD47-6FCA2050479B.jpeg

7AC75874-92EF-4C55-ABE5-AE96EBE52A0B.jpeg

B5BA4D44-6B76-4C40-9936-0C9EA8FE0234.jpeg

0BA08C01-D4FC-4314-A52E-319182AB5CB1.jpeg

I finished mounting the Dan-Moto’s wasn’t as easy as they claim it was not so much a plug and play. I had to finagle and shift and move things around but all in all I got them staged. Waiting for the Ti Hardware now.

View attachment 1590035

View attachment 1590036

View attachment 1590037

View attachment 1590038

View attachment 1590039

View attachment 1590040

View attachment 1590041

View attachment 1590042

View attachment 1590043

View attachment 1590044

I'm impressed that DanMoto builds their rearsets with built in provisioning for the factory brake light switch. I ended up using a pressure switch with my rearsets.

I'm impressed that DanMoto builds their rearsets with built in provisioning for the factory brake light switch. I ended up using a pressure switch with my rearsets.
Yea that was one deciding factor for me, the other was those carbon heel plates. For $200 I could have found a used vortex set or a nice set from a US vendor I found. I am pretty happy with the Dan-Moto’s.

What is preload for? Yea I am 150lbs
C10 is talking about how far down the rear shock has been tightened. Possibly by a heavier rider prior. Need a spanner tool to loosen top ring then bottom ring can be adjusted to change stiffness basically for how aggressive u want shock respond or for weight needs.

C10 is talking about how far down the rear shock has been tightened. Possibly by a heavier rider prior. Need a spanner tool to loosen top ring then bottom ring can be adjusted to change stiffness basically for how aggressive u want shock respond or for weight needs.
Gotcha, I have owned this bike since it came out of the crate. When I bought it I lowered it a lot and was rubbing my undertail. I might have did that to try and kill off some rear suspension travel. It was like 12 years ago lol so memory fades.

Gotcha, I have owned this bike since it came out of the crate. When I bought it I lowered it a lot and was rubbing my undertail. I might have did that to try and kill off some rear suspension travel. It was like 12 years ago lol so memory fades.
Mine is about the same but i am heavier & like it taunt. Did ease it up some years ago after hitting a hump in road at speed & it catapulted the bike into the only endo i have done. More like a hand stand at 90 + was not intended or cool just thought oh crap while riding it out. Had been over the rise before but never in on coming lane; little more slope to it.

Yea that was one deciding factor for me, the other was those carbon heel plates. For $200 I could have found a used vortex set or a nice set from a US vendor I found. I am pretty happy with the Dan-Moto’s.

I didnt see the danmoto bits until after I ordered mine. I still probably would have gotten the Driven pieces anyways due to its wide adjustability.

I didnt see the danmoto bits until after I ordered mine. I still probably would have gotten the Driven pieces anyways due to its wide adjustability.
Yea I honestly would say the Driven's were a better choice anyway. The Dan-Motos were a hassle and the Driven ones have a nicer fit and finish and I love the look of them.

Actually a few.
Still around $8-$10k for a '12 or '13 gsxr1k, which is what I've been stuck on for years.
But I can get an 01-06, or 04-09 zx10 in the $3k-$4k range...which makes me want to buy 2 older ones vs one later model.
One later model would be a high end parts money pit, vs 2 older that would get basic cheap mods and good stock suspension set-up.
The fact that I can buy something helps, considering I have a few priorities ahead of it. So I continue to window shop...and ride my friends bikes for free, being a bum has it's advantages!
I always liked the K5 / K6 Gixxer thou , it was a well regarded handler , and strong motor , and here is a pic of what can be done , for a bit of fun !!
5160845075_c82937c125_z.jpg

I always liked the K5 / K6 Gixxer thou , it was a well regarded handler , and strong motor , and here is a pic of what can be done , for a bit of fun !!View attachment 1590073

I completely agree, 4 of my friends had those when they were new, and for several years after.
I had the extra key to one of them...and put almost all the miles it had on it, lol.
After the 09's came out, I just really preffered them(09-14 basically the same) to all previous years, they feel more comfortable through the seat and tank to me.
But I would buy an 05/06, or 2, at the right price any day!

Looked at my bike and decided to try swapping my upgraded shock in. It looked like I could get it in and out through the bottom, so I gave it a try and it worked!! It only took me about an hour to do. Put bike on bursig stand. Then, removed my r77 can and midpipe, rectifier bracket, belly wing and header bolt, so that I could slightly move the header exit tip down to access one of the linkage bolts. Only removed the bolt that secures the “dog bones” to swing arm and the one that secures the linkage to the frame and left all hanging with lower shock bolt. I lifted the gas tank and used a swiveling socket extension to get the top mounting bolt out. After that, all I had to do was support the swing arm up high by putting something under the rear tire, so that I could get shock out through the bottom. Once it was out, I took the lower shock bolt off to transfer the linkage with the dog bones to my upgraded shock and reversed the process. I had removed my dog bones in the past, so none the bolts were too bad to remove this time, but if you’ve never had any of this apart on your bike, get ready for a fight, because Suzuki puts some stupid strong locktite at the factory on these suspension bolts.
Sucks that I’ll be working all week and can’t get a good test run, but took it around the neighborhood and I like the feeling. My stock shock would crush my back if I hit the small curbing at the end of my driveway at speed. I tried going faster than I normally do this time and the feeling was a nice surprise. Can’t wait to put some miles on this thing :thumbsup:
38707686-7A69-43E2-AE96-6A96BF28212D.jpeg

Looked at my bike and decided to try swapping my upgraded shock in. It looked like I could get it in and out through the bottom, so I gave it a try and it worked!! It only took me about an hour to do. Put bike on bursig stand. Then, removed my r77 can and midpipe, rectifier bracket, belly wing and header bolt, so that I could slightly move the header exit tip down to access one of the linkage bolts. Only removed the bolt that secures the “dog bones” to swing arm and the one that secures the linkage to the frame and left all hanging with lower shock bolt. I lifted the gas tank and used a swiveling socket extension to get the top mounting bolt out. After that, all I had to do was support the swing arm up high by putting something under the rear tire, so that I could get shock out through the bottom. Once it was out, I took the lower shock bolt off to transfer the linkage with the dog bones to my upgraded shock and reversed the process. I had removed my dog bones in the past, so none the bolts were too bad to remove this time, but if you’ve never had any of this apart on your bike, get ready for a fight, because Suzuki puts some stupid strong locktite at the factory on these suspension bolts.
Sucks that I’ll be working all week and can’t get a good test run, but took it around the neighborhood and I like the feeling. My stock shock would crush my back if I hit the small curbing at the end of my driveway at speed. I tried going faster than I normally do this time and the feeling was a nice surprise. Can’t wait to put some miles on this thing :thumbsup:View attachment 1590111
I ordered up from Race Ti in UK. Shock bolts M10 x 1.25 , 55 mm length lower , and 75 mm top for when my Penske gets here in a week or so . I looked up the bolts later on Ron Ayers , and the top is a 70 mm length . Couldn't get a accurate measurement for top bolt with out full disassembly . So took my finger for feel to measure it in three steps . Left , center , and right . Came up at 68 mm roughly . Decided since plenty of room in area for a bolt that a 75 mm was to be ordered .

I ordered up from Race Ti in UK. Shock bolts M10 x 1.25 , 55 mm length lower , and 75 mm top for when my Penske gets here in a week or so . I looked up the bolts later on Ron Ayers , and the top is a 70 mm length . Couldn't get a accurate measurement for top bolt with out full disassembly . So took my finger for feel to measure it in three steps . Left , center , and right . Came up at 68 mm roughly . Decided since plenty of room in area for a bolt that a 75 mm was to be ordered .
That should do it Bryan. If I remember correctly, you relocated your rectifier and removed the belly wing, so it’ll be an even easier job for you to swap it by sliding it out through the bottom. The only trick is that you have to rotate the shock 90 degrees, so that the nitrogen canister on the OEM unit can slide down through the swing arm hole. Here is a crappy edited internet pic to point at the two bolts I took out at the bottom and then just lifted tank and removed the top mount bolt and the whole thing came out.
95B4913E-3E68-48AC-B507-5851C858843E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back