What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

My buddy with an R1 called and asked if I wanted to go ride...... YES. Weather was absolutely beautiful so there was no way I could say no. The R1 is also one amazing bike!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_7022.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

Last night I got my first experience of the Busa making me poop my pants....my wife had the car and I needed a few groceries. The roads we wet so I took it nice and easy and put it on C mode.... On the way home I forgot to put it on C mode and got nice and sideways making a turn from a stop sign... I save it but it was enough to get the adrenaline pumping....
Now, do it again....practice makes perfect because it will happen again. It’s how prepared you are that makes the difference.

Jeff, I have to tell you I love this thing! I wish I joined you guys early on and not in my 30s. I have put 1200 miles on it so far and its an absolutely amazing machine!
What you got against people in their 30’s?!?! Lol just kidding. I just turned 31 and owned my Busa since 19. Atleast you joined now!! It’s funny I have seen 4 posts about people posting that article about the Busa being discontinued but truthfully the gen 2 should have been discontinued last year, the gen 1 went 9 years in the ring and got the revamp. Suzuki can either release a new bike or leave the Busa to have the legacy it deserves but no matter what we will still be here. We are devoted to our machines and they are what we make of them. If you look at every member of this forum, not one of us has a BONE stock Busa and EVERYONES bike matches their personality. That can’t be bought regardless of what year or what gen of motorcycle you buy

I got my new mirrors in from KiWAV and wow. Estimated delivery was 2-3 weeks which I expected during the holiday season but it ended up taking maybe 3-4 days. Packaging was superb and overall experience with them was top notch. I highly recommend.

What you got against people in their 30’s?!?! Lol just kidding. I just turned 31 and owned my Busa since 19. Atleast you joined now!! It’s funny I have seen 4 posts about people posting that article about the Busa being discontinued but truthfully the gen 2 should have been discontinued last year, the gen 1 went 9 years in the ring and got the revamp. Suzuki can either release a new bike or leave the Busa to have the legacy it deserves but no matter what we will still be here. We are devoted to our machines and they are what we make of them. If you look at every member of this forum, not one of us has a BONE stock Busa and EVERYONES bike matches their personality. That can’t be bought regardless of what year or what gen of motorcycle you buy
You’re absolutely right! To be completely honest, I fell in love with the busa when I was just a kid and dreamed about owning one for many years. No other bike really caught my attention like the Gen 1. When the Gen II came out I fell in love once again. Many people complained about the aesthetics but the design is very appealing on these bikes. They are extremely comfortable to ride, fast when you want it to be but definitely not cheap to insure lol

Received my gold valve kit and proceeded to access Racetech’s files using the provided code and printed the recommended compression and rebound “stacks”. Instructions say to drill a 1mm bleed hole, so I got my old trusty tools from when I worked on aircraft instruments and drilled the hole with my tiny bit set. Was pretty simple to do, since the piston is made out of a soft metal. Nitrogen needle is supposed to arrive today, so I’ll be able to wrap this up in the next few days.
293C16BC-3BDC-4B48-9311-C40476C3BDFB.jpeg

B7E8C358-F4C0-4CAD-AD3B-62D10559A27E.jpeg

CD455637-940E-46AA-A5DB-DCBBB8CAE92A.jpeg

Receive my gold valve kit and proceeded to access Racetech’s files using the provided code and printed the recommended compression and rebound “stacks”. Instruction say to drill a 1mm bleed hole, so I got my old trusty tools from when I worked on aircraft instruments and drilled the hole with my tiny bit set. Was pretty simple to do, since the piston is made out of a soft metal. Nitrogen needle supposed to arrive today, so I’ll be able to wrap this up in the next few days.View attachment 1589911
View attachment 1589912

View attachment 1589913
That’s witchcraft.

Received my gold valve kit and proceeded to access Racetech’s files using the provided code and printed the recommended compression and rebound “stacks”. Instructions say to drill a 1mm bleed hole, so I got my old trusty tools from when I worked on aircraft instruments and drilled the hole with my tiny bit set. Was pretty simple to do, since the piston is made out of a soft metal. Nitrogen needle is supposed to arrive today, so I’ll be able to wrap this up in the next few days.View attachment 1589911
View attachment 1589912

View attachment 1589913

If only you had some curves to try it out on!
Got any roundabouts down there?
lol

Needle arrived, so disassembled shock, installed everything filled with oils and reassembled. Ow just need to figure out where to go to get it recharged with nitrogen View attachment 1589929
Depending on the pressure you need, a lot of new car dealers are participating in the current nitrogen-filled tire fad, and could probably be sweet talked into helping you out. Especially if you have a prior relationship with them.

Depending on the pressure you need, a lot of new car dealers are participating in the current nitrogen-filled tire fad, and could probably be sweet talked into helping you out. Especially if you have a prior relationship with them.
I thought about that, but not sure if they can do 165lbs

Back