What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

I don't know this bikes history. The 1st thing I noticed is his front end is a hacked together Frankenstein.

And I suspect he has his pre-load at Max. Lol

It may be the same guy that did a hill climb event. It was the same color Wing. And it successfully did what highly built bikes could not.
This is the same guy that did the hill climb....

I saw earlier videos and the front fairing was decent, he smashed it off at some point....

I saw those Mutants on Youtube recently too, and they look really good.
I'de like to ride a set to see how much off road traction they offer.
I wonder how they are on wet grass?

I saw those Mutants on Youtube recently too, and they look really good.
I'de like to ride a set to see how much off road traction they offer.
I wonder how they are on wet grass?
Don't hold your breath the D616 was more aggressive back in the early 2000's and sucked in grass , but ok in gravel . I won't be throttle happy in any grass with these .

I think final installment. It was taking to long to scroll up to add more pics.

Picking up where I left off. I showed the mounting plates roughed out. Basically just painted them.

1000000512.jpg

Next came the hole in the visor to feed the wires through.

1000000511.jpg

I've left out about 27 fits and measures and assembly and disassemblies it took to get things as correct as I can. I decided to leave a good length of cable behind the head unit. It allows for the raising of the visor, which I found I already did to bring it closer to arm length.

Looks like this now.

1000000519.jpg

1000000518.jpg

1000000517.jpg

1000000521.jpg

I am still going to play around with some mount extensions to try and center it. And I also put a ball on the right side just in case I want to either move it to the right side or add something else there.

I haven't yet figured out how to mount cameras where I need them to be. So for now, I just tucked in the coax out of the way. Down the road another day.

And one more while I was in there project completed to add.

1000000520.jpg

It's looking more like my living room
every tweak I add. That seat was my FedEx story I shared in that other thread. Custom made. Not gonna lie. Whole new level of sweet to put my ass on now. It took awhile to get it. But now the bike fits way better than before.

1000000518.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_3704.png

IMG_3705.png

IMG_3710.png

Nice cold rainy day yesterday so I spent 20 whole minutes swapping the front pads on the Kawasaki. Surprisingly the originals didn’t look too thin. Supposed to warm up Tuesday and Wednesday so I’ll give em a test run then. The fall colors are really showing up. I’m also thinking of doing something like this instead of spending thousands on another bike.

View attachment 1672992

View attachment 1672993

View attachment 1672994

Nice cold rainy day yesterday so I spent 20 whole minutes swapping the front pads on the Kawasaki. Surprisingly the originals didn’t look too thin. Supposed to warm up Tuesday and Wednesday so I’ll give em a test run then. The fall colors are really showing up. I’m also thinking of doing something like this instead of spending thousands on another bike.
Makes perfect sense to me....why buy when you can use what you already have.....

I let one of my neighbors sit on it. He rides a KTM Duke. Said he has never sat in a comfortable bike before.

The bug has nested in lol

I let one of my neighbors sit on it. He rides a KTM Duke. Said he has never sat in a comfortable bike before.

The bug has nested in lol
I rode a friend of mine's Gold Wing home for him from the dealership a few years ago and it was like riding a Lazy Boy chair...I also rode a bike like yours for the same reason and it was the same-a Lazy Boy on two wheels....

Lots of time I get called upon to ride bikes home for friends if they don't have a trailer...it's easier for them and they know I like bikes and can ride them...

Come to think of it, it has been a while since I've been called on to do this.....

You've been talking about some good mods for it lately, might as well post ho some good up close pics of it.
Still probably the best looking retro bike made too, I'de like to ride one.
Kawasaki does a good job with their retros...

The ZRX1200 was a stellar retro and the bike like @WuzzaCBXRider has is a great retro as well...the W800 looks like it just rolled out of the past....

Back