What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Thanks man, it took ages to do the final adjustments, including suspension set up, but yeah I was amazed at how it fitted like that! Unbelievable right?
My mates all marvelled at my expertise (waffle waffle lol) in the fitment, but I just shrugged it off like it was no big deal and I do magic like that everyday.
they said . . . yeah . .whatever.
So I reckon you should do the same to the Gixxer thou, the wheelies will never end lmao!

Oh yeah, I already have...but havn't put the nose and windshield on it yet, so I'm not sure if I'll have to trim anything.
I put them on my Gen2 years ago and really liked them.
Looking forward to what you think after a long ride!

20240101_213805.jpg

20240114_210958.jpg

I ordered a new set of sneakers for it-Bridgestone S22Rs.....they should be in by end of the week...

I have the front forks ready to remove to do the seals...I'll get the tires mounted and seals done at the same time as I get a 25% discount on work done.

The tires were a good price...$535 for both and that covers the mounting.....

The owner of the shop and a former racing partner mentioned that he has a Motocomposites CF front fender for my bike that a customer ordered 3 yrs ago but never picked it up....

He said I can have it for $50 so I'll probably grab it and I might put it on so I have a little CF on the front to balance the back....?

Last edited:
The Bumblebee is up on stands, forks are off, wheels are off.....awaiting the call that my tires are in and off they go to the dealership....

While I was in there I gave everything a good cleaning and cleaned the chain with a Kerosene bath...it looks new again....

The front pads last a really long time....I have a new set of EBC HH Sintered pros ready to go but the ones on the bike are only half worn.....

I'm surprised at just how little material is on the pads new.....when I first looked at the pads on the bike I ordered a new set right away thinking they were worn out, when the new ones arrived they weren't much thicker than what was on the bike.....and that was 2 yrs ago.....

I ordered a new set of sneakers for it-Bridgestone S22Rs.....they should be in by end of the week...

I have the front forks ready to remove to do the seals...I'll get the tires mounted and seals done at the same time as I get a 25% discount on work done.

The tires were a good price...$535 for both and that covers the mounting.....

The owner of the shop and a former racing partner mentioned that he has a Motocomposites CF front fender for my bike that a customer ordered 3 yrs ago but never picked it up....

He said I can have it for $50 so I'll probably grab it and I might put it on so I have a little CF on the front to balance the back....?
I think the S22 is an excellent choice. Of course S23 is better, but not with a big margin -> "The Bridgestone S22 is still on sale and is an excellent tyre, but Bridgestone has made some big claims for the S23: 5% increased corner speed; lap times reduced by 2.4% (on average during testing); 7% drainage resistance in the wet; 3% shorter braking distance in the wet and lap time reduced by 4% in wet conditions. All this and a claimed 8% increase in mileage." source

I think the S22 is an excellent choice. Of course S23 is better, but not with a big margin -> "The Bridgestone S22 is still on sale and is an excellent tyre, but Bridgestone has made some big claims for the S23: 5% increased corner speed; lap times reduced by 2.4% (on average during testing); 7% drainage resistance in the wet; 3% shorter braking distance in the wet and lap time reduced by 4% in wet conditions. All this and a claimed 8% increase in mileage." source
The next tires will probably be S23....for now, the S22 are tried, tested and true...the S23 are a little new for me to get really thorough reviews

I guess only one thing can protect the tank from scratches... If we don't use it.
In my opinion the middle one can prevent quite a lot, but the kneepads I felt on my other bike quite good and more responsible for giving more grip and feedback during twisties, than pants on paint.

Rode it.
Washed the bugs off.
Put it away.

A3CE46B5-4BA2-4416-8151-BB3518E37F8C.jpeg

AA76E44D-A7DD-4122-BBA6-052DF873AB78.jpeg

Gen-2 was bought as a toy for the drags. Local strip got resurfaced, badly, months overdue it still hasn’t reopened. I prefer the Gen-3 for the street. Currently have health issues so I’m riding less and enjoying it less.

Time for a rethink.

Back