What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Busa got a new rear tire today.
FLTRXS got much more. New rear tire and carvin feebrays from Hoffman Designs!
IMG_8544.png

IMG_8545.png

Busa got a new rear tire today.
FLTRXS got much more. New rear tire and carvin feebrays from Hoffman Designs!
View attachment 1679458

View attachment 1679459
Nice couch!
Why do they make the front so out of proportion with the rest of the bike?
I’ll never understand lol.
Kinda looks like the front end of a smallish car has been grafted on . . .
That quilted seat looks comfy, she must be a heavy beast when fully loaded.
Do you long distance tour on that?

I picked it up from the dealer with 1 km in the odometer. Rode back home in 10°C and rain. I have never had a better ride in the winter rain in my life. Then added sidestand extension plate. On the sunny afternoon spent some time with first detailing. Gave it a name. Put into his room.
Screenshot_2024-03-01-17-53-57-978.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked it up from the dealer with 1 km in the odometer. Rode back home in 10°C and rain. I have never had a better ride in the winter rain in my life. Then added sidestand extension plate. On the sunny afternoon spent some time with first detailing. Gave it a name. Put into his room.
View attachment 1679478
Have always heard it is good luck to have the first ride with the bike in the rain.

Nice couch!
Why do they make the front so out of proportion with the rest of the bike?
I’ll never understand lol.
Kinda looks like the front end of a smallish car has been grafted on . . .
That quilted seat looks comfy, she must be a heavy beast when fully loaded.
Do you long distance tour on that?
I’ve ridden 9hrs from FL to The Dragon, stayed and rode all week then back. Easy miles on this thing. That seat while pricey was worth it!

View attachment 1679478
Beautiful. . . . aren't they a sight to behold when they are dressed in that red color?
How many miles on her now?

Beautiful. . . . aren't they a sight to behold when they are dressed in that red color?
How many miles on her now?
Hey, thanks, I tend to call it hi-vis orange as in those situations where usually no one gives a s*it I am coming e.g.: crossroads, yesterday everyone gave me a way. The bike has 80 miles, but not for so long .

Today I did the final adjustments on my handlebars to allow clearance on full turn ‘lock to lock’ with zero fouling on the screen.
A miracle just to NOT have to cut or trim the screen in any shape or form!
Clearance is like 1mm or less.
Here’s the vid proof for those doubters lol

Have always heard it is good luck to have the first ride with the bike in the rain.

I did on my Gen2...and the next 16 of 21 days(The 3 wks it took to fix the wiring fault in my car, that broke down 2 days before I got the Busa, lmao)
And even though I don't think a Busa is the most comfortable thing, it has to be the best and my favorite of the many motorcycles that I've owned over the years.
Got caught in 3 thunderstorms in one day years earlier with my then new leathers(zx7, Blue Ridge Parkway) soaked to the skin and dried 3 times, lol, and those things broke in and fit perfect to this day!(about 24 years ago)
I learned to love riding in the rain, Rain-X on the shield with the right gear, and it adds to the days that I can ride

Today I did the final adjustments on my handlebars to allow clearance on full turn ‘lock to lock’ with zero fouling on the screen.
A miracle just to NOT have to cut or trim the screen in any shape or form!
Clearance is like 1mm or less.
Here’s the vid proof for those doubters lol

Bah...video eveidence means nothing these days, clearly some clever Kiwi internet forgery about there...
lmao
I can't belive you didn't have to trim anything, and man is that close, but it looks class the way it fits so perfect on each side.
You can dust off your shoulder on that one Greg, it looks great.
I know how good they ride...and I was just sitting on my gsxr holding the dirtbike bars...motivating me to get back to work on it, lol

I did on my Gen2...and the next 16 of 21 days(The 3 wks it took to fix the wiring fault in my car, that broke down 2 days before I got the Busa, lmao)
And even though I don't think a Busa is the most comfortable thing, it has to be the best and my favorite of the many motorcycles that I've owned over the years.
Got caught in 3 thunderstorms in one day years earlier with my then new leathers(zx7, Blue Ridge Parkway) soaked to the skin and dried 3 times, lol, and those things broke in and fit perfect to this day!(about 24 years ago)
I learned to love riding in the rain, Rain-X on the shield with the right gear, and it adds to the days that I can ride
I don't mind if I get caught in the rain, but if I have the choice will stay home or take a 4-wheel mode of transportation.

Years ago, there would be 5 or 6, or 10 or 12 of us riding regulary, and most weekends.
99% of the time I always ended up leading the pack(not by choice either, but whatever), and they would bow out in the rain and run home.
And if they braved the cold...they wouldn't follow me to 3k and 4k feet(we live at 800) as they couldn't handle more cold, lol.
...now I understand why nobody ever conquered Russia
lmao

Bah...video eveidence means nothing these days, clearly some clever Kiwi internet forgery about there...
lmao
I can't belive you didn't have to trim anything, and man is that close, but it looks class the way it fits so perfect on each side.
You can dust off your shoulder on that one Greg, it looks great.
I know how good they ride...and I was just sitting on my gsxr holding the dirtbike bars...motivating me to get back to work on it, lol
Thanks man, it took ages to do the final adjustments, including suspension set up, but yeah I was amazed at how it fitted like that! Unbelievable right?
My mates all marvelled at my expertise (waffle waffle lol) in the fitment, but I just shrugged it off like it was no big deal and I do magic like that everyday.
they said . . . yeah . .whatever.
So I reckon you should do the same to the Gixxer thou, the wheelies will never end lmao!

Last edited:
Back