What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I still havent done the side stand mod yet, or fitted the tank protector that arrived a month ago or the new front pegs that arrived 2 weeks ago or the ECB brake pads now that I think of it. They arrived 2 months ago. No motivation these days, not for anything, which is unusual for me. I can't seem to get the suspension adjusted to my satisfaction, think I'll take it to the dealer and get them to fit heavier springs up front.

I put on my mirror blockoffs on. That’s about all I’ve done all week. I’m still sick and my body is still recovering.
I want to do blockoffs but just can't on a street bike. The look is sooooooo much better though.
Got all short velocity stacks in my cart. Debating pulling the trigger. Small tinkering before the season starts....

I’m used to not having them. Haven’t had mirrors for years. Always turn my head. On a side note I took her to get gas today and she is rowdy.

I still havent done the side stand mod yet, or fitted the tank protector that arrived a month ago or the new front pegs that arrived 2 weeks ago or the ECB brake pads now that I think of it. They arrived 2 months ago. No motivation these days, not for anything, which is unusual for me. I can't seem to get the suspension adjusted to my satisfaction, think I'll take it to the dealer and get them to fit heavier springs up front.
C'mon man, get some positive Busa thoughts going to spark up motivation!
king of queens running GIF by TV Land

I put the CF front fender on today.....I guess sitting all those years deformed it a little.....

It was a bit of a bear to get on even using the heat gun.....I also had to file out the holes a little as there was a little CF burring in them

The good thing is it is the same pattern weave as the rear signal light pods.....
Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh it happened.....

But right now the bike is stuffed in the corner so pictures wouldn't do it any justice right now...

I'll get some when I get it out of storage....

My garage is in the middle of transition from winter to spring....
We are just half way thru Autumn . . beautiful sunny cool weather with little wind, today is 21degC
Winter is coming, about 3 months of cold temps (0-15ish Celcius and a fair bit of rain, lucky if we have a few inches of snow)
How long is your riding season in summer Bill?

We are just half way thru Autumn . . beautiful sunny cool weather with little wind, today is 21degC
Winter is coming, about 3 months of cold temps (0-15ish Celcius and a fair bit of rain, lucky if we have a few inches of snow)
How long is your riding season in summer Bill?
Well, that varies each year, sometimes we can ride in mid-late April to mid-Oct on a good year....anytime before May and after Sept you can be riding cold.

For instance, we've had 20'C weather already this year but right now it is -10'C and the high for today and the next 3-4 days is in the minus degrees....the salt truck was out this morning already so it will need to rain a bit to wash the salt off the roads for me to even consider riding.

We are still better off then the snowmobile guys who had a dismal season this year, the trails were open for only 3 weeks.

I didn't do anything with my Busa, can't even look at it because it's locked up in my shed :-( Weather just hasn't cooperated, we had a couple nice days followed by more cold days. Can't wait for April and May to get here :-)

I've seen and particpated in this type of thread on other forums so just thought I'd give it a try here.

If you guys don't like the idea then feel free to ask the mods to delete it...But it gives you a chance to show off you daily work that sometimes goes unappreciated and may motivate others.
As for me, I replaced the chain and sprockets (+3 on rear) and adjusted the speedohealer accordingly on my busa. It was the first time I replaced a chain myself (usually have the shop do it) and frankly I was surprised how easy it was to break the old chain and rivet the new master link. The entire job took less than two hours. :bigsmile:
All I did was look at my baby while I took off in my truck.

Last edited:
Back