What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Came close to it here, but this was the second bike I had stolen.

Argent (22 July 2020) - 11a.jpg

Anybody put short levers on the 23?
I think they sent me the wrong ones.The front brake lever is missing the whole weird looking part on the original lever.
Unless I'm supposed to take that part out and put it in the new one but didn't see a way to take it off the original.
snow wtf GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Great description of the lever's 'problem', . . . "missing the whole weird looking part" .
Post up a pic if you can . . lets have a look...

Wow, that screen!! Far out man, now that's a touring screen . .
She's lookin' good Miguel,
. . . but why did you set her all back to stock?
The screen is somewhat goofy looking, but provides some extra wind protection and was also the only screen that cleared my rizoma reservoirs I had with the Brembo MCs. She is for sale locally, Greg. After 13 years of fun with her, I’m looking at upgrading to a gen3.

Great description of the lever's 'problem', . . . "missing the whole weird looking part" .
Post up a pic if you can . . lets have a look...
I'm used to work on older bikes..guess that part is not "weird" to everyone . :lol:
The part where the spring is has like a "fang" going down and also a hole for the brake switch to go in.
The new one doesn't have the spring,hole or the "fang".
Hope it helps.
Been working on the Jeep all morning I'm to tire to take the lever off just for a pic :crazy:
1000011749.jpg

1000011750.jpg

I'm used to work on older bikes..guess that part is not "weird" to everyone . :lol:
The part where the spring is has like a "fang" going down and also a hole for the brake switch to go in.
Hope it helps.
Been working on the Jeep all morning I'm to tire to take the lever off just for a pic :crazy:
View attachment 1681594

View attachment 1681595
Looks like a Gen1 or Gen2 lever.

Hope it helps.
View attachment 1681594

View attachment 1681595
Definitely not the correct lever, the shorty anodised lever you bought is for a Gen 2 master cyl, the Gen 3 m/cyl is a radial type and needs the lever with the weird piece lol

The screen is somewhat goofy looking, but provides some extra wind protection and was also the only screen that cleared my rizoma reservoirs I had with the Brembo MCs. She is for sale locally, Greg. After 13 years of fun with her, I’m looking at upgrading to a gen3.
Have you actually taken a Gen 3 out on a decent ride??
If so, what do you think? And what do you think is better about it compared to your Gen 2?

Have you actually taken a Gen 3 out on a decent ride??
If so, what do you think? And what do you think is better about it compared to your Gen 2?
Haven’t even seen a gen3 up close, but that’s exactly how I bought my gen2. I walked in, said I want that one and have been happy with her for 13 years. I like the electronics package the gen3 comes with and like the idea of something newer. It’s got the same heart so I know it’ll make me smile just like my gen2 does and I have some brembo MCs to put on it to address one of the 2 main concerns (master cylinder losing prime and hot crank issue).

Haven’t even seen a gen3 up close, but that’s exactly how I bought my gen2. I walked in, said I want that one and have been happy with her for 13 years. I like the electronics package the gen3 comes with and like the idea of something newer. It’s got the same heart so I know it’ll make me smile just like my gen2 does and I have some brembo MCs to put on it to address one of the 2 main concerns (master cylinder losing prime and hot crank issue).
You can't go wrong with a Gen 3......

It's a Hayabusa after all so how bad can it be?

Back