Went Down Today

busagirl4444

HyperActive
Donating Member
Registered
So day started out great.. Got up early to meet up with some guys over in AL to take a nice ride in the country today.. Got on our way and made it around first curve and got over taking by the next one.. I tried to recover and thought I had it when it kept going so I decided to let go... It ended up in a ditch upside down.. I slid down the road a little. I had on all gear.. Got a little road rash, shoulder pain, rib pain, knee pain.. Doc said everything is just fine. He didn't see anything on the x-rays... gave me some pain med's and ice packs, muscle relaxers and sent me home.. I cannot stress the importance of wearing your gear. Had I not been wearing mine I'd lost a lot more skin and possibly broke more than my pride. I tried to keep my head up while sliding so that the helmet would touch the ground.. Didn't work.. All in all my nice leasurely ride got caught short.. I was so looking forward to a great lunch.. A big thanks to all that helped me and got me home safely bike and all...

WEAR YOUR GEAR AT ALL TIMES NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smac

Donating Member
Registered
sorry to hear, were yiu riding with the folks from msf, i almost went on that ride this morning...glad you are ok..bike can be fixed...

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry to hear it, but glad you were wearing gear and minimized the damage to yourself! The bike can fixed.

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
crashes suck :banghead:, bike will be fixed or replaced, you can't be.
It will be a distant memory one day.
So good to here your injuries were minor. :thumbsup: