Went down today

Shaggy

Registered
On my way to work today, I had an old couple in a VW Bug pull right out in front of me. I had absolutely no time to react. It was either plow into the side of the car, or take the ditch doin 60. I took the ditch. I made it about 30 yards and then the front tire found a hole. I went over the bars, breaking off the windscreen, then the bike flipped over me and landed (pointing straight in the air) on the rear fender. Somehow I managed to come out of it with only a couple of broken ribs, a few stitches, a sprained back, and a small concussion (yes, I was wearing a helmet. No, I wasn't wearing my leather. I would have been a lot better off if I had of been). Ignorant mistake that I will not make again.

Woman said she didn't see me. She never slowed down pulling out of the drive. Her husband said they were looking at the GPS. Almost threw my helmet through her windshield.

Anyway, the rear of the bike is smashed. Pipes are bent. Front is busted a little and the forks seem to be twisted. Alot more damage that hasn't been evalutated yet. Wondering if they will try to fix it, or just total the whole thing out.

I feel extremely fortunate that I made it out of this crash with as few of injuries as I have. Thank God.

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

Sorry to hear about your accident. Gotta becareful out there. Glad you are still with us. As for the bike, it's gonna be a total loss. Doesn't take much total a
Bike.

That sucks, glad you're alive to talk about it because it could've been much worse. I wish you a speedy recovery. By the looks of the pics and you're description it doesn't look good for the bike. Hopefully the old couple have insurance.

Glad you can write, think, type and have all of your bodily functions. Alot of folks are "alive" after crashes, but they never really evaluate the "quality" of life after some of these crashes. Thanks be to your higher power!

~AC

Man oh man, glad to hear that you're well... it could have been a lot worse...

cap

i'm glad you are ok enough after the experience to be typing this thread! :beerchug:

How unfortunate. This solidifies my theory that old people do not belong on the road. Some of them are just out right dangerous! They don't know wtf is going on around them. Whatever. Glad you are ok. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Heart bleeds for you fella but oh yes bikes can be rebuilt/replaced and your wounds will mend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OUCH!! on all counts! You are so fortunate as this could have been a lot worse (you already know that, of course) Hope you heal well and continue to ride.

well its a good sign youre already on here telling us about the crash. glad u came out pretty clean since there is a telephone pole right in the picture. the bike is totaled for sure. id get your seat off and put the factory one back on b4 insurance gets it. also any electronics you might want to keep. cause trust me ins will try to get it from you.

Glad you are ok! Looks like you can wait for a 2011 :thumbsup: that the old folks are going to buy you. Oh yea, Don't forget about your new helmet!!!

Last edited:
Back