My Son went down today

flyboy

Registered
Just got woken up by my daughter in-law telling me that my son just went down, but he's ok. Thank God! He was doing a wheely going around 80 mph when he lost it completely. He was wearing all his gear, but still managed to tear some ligaments in his right leg and a hell of a lot of road rash. The bike was destroyed. I had warned him about doing stunts on his GSXR1000, but I guess he didn't listen. I'll have to go visit him to make sure he is ok. Bottom line is, you have to have a lot of respect for the power of the wrist. You all be safe out there.

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084598347 -->

wow....im glad to hear he is ok....80 mph is pretty fast, he's pretty lucky....I hope he recovers soon...

by the by, is he getting another gixxer?

Not sure yet, but my guess is that he will get another one. May be he will keep both wheels on the ground this time.

I am so glad to hear he is ok. Yeah I am sure he will be more cautious after that when he gets back on most guys g et a little timid for a while. Maybe he can get a Busa now..

Glad he's ok. Wishing him a speedy recovery
smile.gif

Man, sorry to hear about your son...just glad to hear he's alright. Lucky he was wearing his gear. Hope he's up and riding soon (maybe no wheelies this time?)

Just got woken up by my daughter in-law telling me that my son just went down, but he's ok. Thank God! He was doing a wheely going around 80 mph when he lost it completely. He was wearing all his gear, but still managed to tear some ligaments in his right leg and a hell of a lot of road rash. The bike was destroyed. I had warned him about doing stunts on his GSXR1000, but I guess he didn't listen. I'll have to go visit him to make sure he is ok. Bottom line is, you have to have a lot of respect for the power of the wrist. You all be safe out there.
glad your son is doing ok. doing stunts in an uncontrol area is not very smart. my nephew did that a couple of years ago on his 929, lost it at 100, total the bike. a couple of guys i ride with lost it while racing. again, not very smart.

The worst kind of phone call...

I'm sorry he wrecked, but so glad he's going to be okay...best wishes for a quick recovery...

Thanks god he is Ok. He should have listened to Dad. Most importnat thing is he is doing fine...

Yes, that is a terrible call for a parent to get. I'm glad he'll be okay and I pray for his quick and complete recovery.

Glad to hear is ok FlyBoy good thing he was wearing his gear also woulda hated to see them results just makes me even more a firm beliver in it
sad.gif

Whew! Glad the call, and this thread didn't head in another direction! Could have been a much worse phone call!
eek2.gif

Wish him well for us and let's all hope he learned somethin' from it.
wink.gif

sorry to hear this news, flyboy.. hoping for a speedy recovery for your son. don't be too hard him, i think maybe he's been hard enough on himself.. and ya, i hope he keeps both wheels on the ground next time.

Back