My rider instructor went down

FastLaneKen

Never Forgotten
I have been taking a few all day riding clinics from a guy that I ride with most weekends. Xavier (a.k.a X-MAN). who is a really sharp and a very safe and Pro kind of rider - some of you in SOCAL may know him

Well I am sorry to say he hit a car last weekend during our ride on banner grade after we left Idly Wild. He is Ok with a few broken ribs, messed up knee and a lot of road rash.
He was taking a left hand sweeper with his knee down and a stupid van decided to turn left right in front of him in a corner as he was trying to get to one of those turn outs. Drivers fault for sure, but to put a turnout in the middle of a turn is a poor design in my opinion.

Since he knows what to do (thank God) he pushed off the bike and let the bike hit the Van as he slid along the pavement and luckly missed hitting the van.

His Aprilla is a total loss. Even seasoned riders go down - makes you want to take a deep breath. At least he is OK

highres_5354633.jpe

highres_5354603.jpe

highres_5354606.jpe

highres_5354607.jpe

highres_5354604.jpe

I wonder how he got rashed there with the gear on? Glad he is obviously OK.
See, boys and girls.... AGATT:thumbsup:

:beerchug:I'm glad he was wearing his gear. I think the rash would have been much worse otherwise. I hope he recovers quickly from the injuries :please:

Not to be a d__K, yes the van shouldn't have turned in front of him, but are public roads really the place to be putting your knee down? Both were at fault.

I also think I remember seeing him at a bike night in Santee once.

I wonder how he got rashed there with the gear on? Glad he is obviously OK.
See, boys and girls.... AGATT:thumbsup:

Lets not forget our roads are much rougher then a smooth race track.
Even with GEAR his knee got pretty scraped up
Here is another photo

highres_5354608.jpe

Nice guy to stand there with cracked ribs and let you all take pictures.

:poke: Ouch...Quit it!!!:poke:Ouch...Quit it!!!:poke:Ouch...Quit it!!!

Glad he will be OK, sucks to lose the bike. Insurance?

Not to be a d__K, yes the van shouldn't have turned in front of him, but are public roads really the place to be putting your knee down? Both were at fault.
was thinking the same thing... just too much to go wrong on the public roads to be hanging it out like that... I think I will just wait for a track day..

Glad he is ok..

Nice guy to stand there with cracked ribs and let you all take pictures.

:poke: Ouch...Quit it!!!:poke:Ouch...Quit it!!!:poke:Ouch...Quit it!!!

Glad he will be OK, sucks to lose the bike. Insurance?

He stated later that he was in great discomfort once the adrenalin wore off.
He was very numb to everything (and feeling no pain) during this photo session since we took the photos right after it happened

He is home resting and waiting for the xray results on his chest and knee

Back