Rider Down

Cecil-
Well, echo the "glad it wasn't worse" comments. It is sort of classy to post the "don't do what I did" threads, I've seen too many of the "I was riding naked, 2 up, running from the cops at 300MPH through the Dragon - and if you don't like it well screw you" on some of the boards I'm on. Glad you will both recover...Let me look around, I may have a clutch lever for you. I'll send you a PM and let you know. If I do still have it, it's yours.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse. Take it easy and heal up right the first time.

Cecil,glad youre ok! Let me know if you need anything I have,I need to know the number for the filter as I need one as well.Paul.

It could have been a lot worse.. glad that it wasn't.. and that you are healing up.

Hope Chase is doing well also.

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137431788 -->

CS - man brother. Will send thanks up to the big man in the sky for you bro. Wasn't ready for another "Man Down" story! Glad your alright brother from another! OOOO-Rah!

Glad your doin OK Cecil
thumbs-up.gif
And I'll echo the glad it wasn't worse sentiment.

Good thing it wasn't any worse. Glad to hear you both are doing ok. Take it easy, rest up and you'll be ready to go in no time.

Semper Fi Devil Dog.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>// Kinda Long.... Cliff-Notes at the bottom //</span>

Well it obviously wasn't too bad if I am here hacking away at the laptop less than 24 hours later.

So what happened:

Spent the day working on the Busa and decided to take her out for a ride... the new SSQ Blow-Off vavle sounds awesome!

While riding Saturday Night I came up behind my buddy Chase at a speed greater than he was traveling.
I did know he was in front of me and did not see him until I was danger close.
I went left to avoid a collision.
However, so did he.
As I went past him, I swiped him on his right side, my left side... my fault.

Neither of us went down.

Immediately a felt my pants leg flapping in the breeze.
And immediately I felt pain on my left leg and elbow... pretty bad.
I reached down with my left hand to access the situation.
As I lifted my hand, blood was dripping from it.
I looked back, saw Chase was still up on two, however, I knew I was FUBARed and made a bee-line for the hospital.
The several other riders stopped with him.
Another rider on a 1K who likely did not know we collided got off the interstate with me.
I screamed "I'm Hurt. I'm going to the Hospital".... then pointed at my leg. He looked confused.... and that was the last I saw of him.

I rode to the hospital favoring my left arm (elbow) and unable to move my left leg.

Apon arival at the ER... I pulled into the Ambulance drop-off area and signalled for help.
I pulled into a parking spot.
A very nice nurse put the kisk-stand down for me.
Her and a couple of other medics got me off the bike and into the ER.

Right around here the nurse says "Looks like his bone".... not what I wanted to hear.

Blah, Blah, Blah...
The usual scrubbing of the wound commenced (that was fun ).
Then after a couple of hours of scrubbing, that called in a surgeon.

I went into surgury early this morning, everything went well.
They fixed it all up, did a nice gragh, then sent me home a few hours later.
I am on crutches right now with an estimated 4 - 6 weeks of recovery.

Chase was released earlier.
He and his mom stopped by to check on me... I felt like a total jerk... I am so sorry Chase.

I talked to him earlier today... he goes for an MRI later this week.

My buddy Chase is a stunter and has a crash cage on his bike.
It was recently damaged (the cage broke on the right side).
As I went past him, my left leg made contact with what appears to be the cage.
His knee was injured, as was my left elbow.... we may have hit each other on these two points (his knee and my elbow).

Neither of us life threatening injuries and both the bikes need some TLC.

<span style='color:red'>// Cliff-Notes //

I swiped a fellow rider on the interstate.
We did not go down.
We both ended up in the hospital.
I had surgery to repair left leg.
My fault.</span>
</span>
Glad to hear you're ok, dude!

I'm surprised you didn't finish your ride before you went by the hospital, though, you crazy #######!

This is my favorite part of the story:

While riding Saturday Night I came up behind my buddy Chase at a speed greater than he was traveling.

You mean-

" I was doing about mach 6 and rode up my buddy's arse"

Just kidding man

smile.gif
heal up quick.

Wow, I thought the Cliffs Notes version was going to say that it happened to someone else! Sorry to hear, C! Like the rest, I'm glad it wasn't worse. Good luck with the recovery.

Here's the nurse... preping my leg before scrubbin the wound...
Link Changed at http://www.tamparacing.com

Here's the wound... it was pretty deep... doctor said the bone was visible.
Link Changed at http://www.tamparacing.com

Damn Cecil, that looks like its going to hurt while healing.

Diesel told me what happened and thought I would come and give my support. Glad to see neither of you went down, and hope you get back to riding soon.

Cya man
cool.gif

HOLY BONE BATMAN!

I was imagining something down about ankle height, I didn't realize it was just below the knee.

Yeeeeeeeeeeouchhhhhhh

Horrible as it sounds, I'm so glad it was your leg that took the hit. Could've been alot worse had it been your knee.

Rest up, enjoy your new meds and learn from it but don't dwell on it.

Holy crap....
First the little one wit the burn now you.
That looks like it hurts!

How is the little guys recovery doing anyway?

Back