Rider Down

Here's me on morphine
Link Changed at http://www.tamparacing.com

Here's another pic of the leg.... mmm, yummy
Link Changed at http://www.tamparacing.com

ouch
wow.gif

Holy F#$k!!! I saw the left fairing pic first thinking "He prolly got cut pretty bad." Then I saw your surgical wound and thought "HOLY S*&T!!! The Butcher's got him."

Glad it wasn't worse CS. Sucks that you'll be talking more about the Meds instead of Mods. That B.O.V. gotta sound good. Heal up fast and get back in the saddle soon. Take Care

That B.O.V. gotta sound good. Heal up fast and get back in the saddle soon. Take Care
Ohh, it sounds soooo good!
wink.gif

I can't wait to get back in the saddle.

I had just received my 2nd set of Tobin O'Conner seats the day of the accident too.

Big Red is running strong!
devil.gif

While I'm out of commision... it's time for more mods.
* Air Shifter
* MTC Multi-Stage Lock-Up
* Nitrous
* And maybe some bodywork... we'll see
cool.gif

Well one month after my little mishap, the doctor gave me the green light to remove the immobilizer.

As sad as this may seem, I have had two dreams were I was just walking.... that's it.

The doctor wants me to refrain from riding until my next follow-up on March 6th. hammer.gif

Within the next week or two, I should be off the crutches and walking.

Big Deal.... I know.... but I can not tell you how much I'm looking forward to just walking again without crutches or a brace.
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>// Kinda Long.... Cliff-Notes at the bottom //</span>

Well it obviously wasn't too bad if I am here hacking away at the laptop less than 24 hours later.

So what happened:

Spent the day working on the Busa and decided to take her out for a ride... the new SSQ Blow-Off vavle sounds awesome!

While riding Saturday Night I came up behind my buddy Chase at a speed greater than he was traveling.
I did not know he was in front of me and did not see him until I was danger close.
I went left to avoid a collision.
However, so did he.
As I went past him, I swiped him on his right side, my left side... my fault.

Neither of us went down.

Immediately a felt my pants leg flapping in the breeze.
And immediately I felt pain on my left leg and elbow... pretty bad.
I reached down with my left hand to access the situation.
As I lifted my hand, blood was dripping from it.
I looked back, saw Chase was still up on two, however, I knew I was FUBARed and made a bee-line for the hospital.
The several other riders stopped with him.
Another rider on a 1K who likely did not know we collided got off the interstate with me.
I screamed "I'm Hurt. I'm going to the Hospital".... then pointed at my leg. He looked confused.... and that was the last I saw of him.

I rode to the hospital favoring my left arm (elbow) and unable to move my left leg.

Apon arival at the ER... I pulled into the Ambulance drop-off area and signalled for help.
I pulled into a parking spot.
A very nice nurse put the kisk-stand down for me.
Her and a couple of other medics got me off the bike and into the ER.

Right around here the nurse says "Looks like his bone".... not what I wanted to hear.

Blah, Blah, Blah...
The usual scrubbing of the wound commenced (that was fun ).
Then after a couple of hours of scrubbing, that called in a surgeon.

I went into surgury early this morning, everything went well.
They fixed it all up, did a nice gragh, then sent me home a few hours later.
I am on crutches right now with an estimated 4 - 6 weeks of recovery.

Chase was released earlier.
He and his mom stopped by to check on me... I felt like a total jerk... I am so sorry Chase.

I talked to him earlier today... he goes for an MRI later this week.

My buddy Chase is a stunter and has a crash cage on his bike.
It was recently damaged (the cage broke on the right side).
As I went past him, my left leg made contact with what appears to be the cage.
His knee was injured, as was my left elbow.... we may have hit each other on these two points (his knee and my elbow).

Neither of us life threatening injuries and both the bikes need some TLC.

<span style='color:red'>// Cliff-Notes //

I swiped a fellow rider on the interstate.
We did not go down.
We both ended up in the hospital.
I had surgery to repair left leg.
My fault.</span>
</span>
Note to ytour note. It could have been a lot worse. What the Hell you thinking (or not thinking off) not knowing where your riding partner is at all times. Get better and heal up.

Hind Sight is always 20/20.

I knew better, and there was several things that I did wrong that night.
blush.gif

1) To "test ride" the bike, I did not put on full leathers.... I left the pants at home (Mistake).

2) I was focused more on the bikes that were close to me, more so than my buddy who had riden up ahead of us.

I am quite thankful that it was not worse.... one of the momentary lapses in judgement that leave a heck of a mark.
wink.gif

HOLY BONE BATMAN!

I was imagining something down about ankle height, I didn't realize it was just below the knee.  

Yeeeeeeeeeeouchhhhhhh

Horrible as it sounds, I'm so glad it was your leg that took the hit.  Could've been alot worse had it been your knee.

Rest up, enjoy your new meds and learn from it but don't dwell on it.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
director.gif

Also, I don't think leathers would have done much better than jeans on this one. Leathers are good for road-rash protection, but not from a hot knife going through butter.

WOW
wow.gif
That could have gone really wrong really fast. I am glad to hear that both of you are still here. Recover fast my friend
biggrin.gif

And on a lighter note.... I was able to take a few steps today without the crutches.

They were few, and they were small, but they were steps.
smile.gif

Back