Rider Down

It looks as though there may have been an issue with the front hub / rim assembly.
The guy riding next to him watched it happen.
He said the front tire start to wobble real bad.
However, the bars where not wobbling.
Within an instant the bike endo'd over and burst into flames.
We still do not know the root cause... The front wheel was not recovered and it is making it harder to understand what went wrong.

I just got back from the hospital... he looks rough.
He'll live, but it will take some time for his wounds to heal.
Road Rash sucks... note to self: don't be cheap on gear.

Always sad when a rider goes down.
sad.gif
Wish him quick recovery.

Our prayers are with you Chuck.

Cecil,pm or call me and tell me how your bike has been treating you...Daniel 503-381-8187

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129525105 -->

been there done that...wishing him well is fine...but the meds are where the relief is at.
wink.gif

hope the cause is discovered...
You guys should have gone to Jim's HD (54th&275) on Saturday for the dyno shootout. Only one turbo busa showed up (that I saw) 350+ RWHP 1/4 mile 7.40s @ 199MPH.
After the festivities..back to my house (<5 minute ride) for BBQ and a few beers!
It was a beautiful night out to just take it easy...and enjoy the first sub 90F night of the summer!

I wish Chuck a speedy recovery. Not fun to be banged up. Sounds as though he may have been riding without proper gear? I hear so many stories about guys who get seriously enjured when in many cases could have walked away unscathed if only they had good riding gear. Best wishes to Chuck and family!
Ditto...
sad.gif

The front wheel was recovered.
The hub assembly appears to be ok.
One of the three spokes on the rim broke.
Not sure if this was the cause, or the effect.

A prayer for Chuck.

Cecil can you please keep us abreast of both Chuck and what happened with the bike.

Thanks Robb

what kinda gear was he using?
Not enough...
sad.gif

He was wearing a helmet (which has severe damage to it), gloves (which did thier job... but are destroyed) and boots.
He has no damage on his feet, hand or head.
The rest of his body is covered in blood and puss soaked bandages.

A - All
T - The
G - Gear
A - All
T - The
T - Time

Only protect the areas of your body that you do not mind losing.
Dress for the Crash, Not for the Ride.

Back