Another Rider Down Good Friend

hayadooin

"No really Hayadooin...."
Donating Member
Registered
Last Monday a Good Friend of mine started out on a vacation across the Country. His trip was going to start from here in southern California to New York and from there he was going to venture into Canada and come back down to the U.S. in Wisconsin to visit with friends before heading back to Cali.. Well he only made to the Barstow Ca. area and something happened. I talked with him last week and he said that he has no memory of what occured. He was wearing full gear and was riding a Honda Goldwing. He suffered a fractured pelvis, a few broken ribs, severly bruised lungs, and some minor road rash. I called the highway patrol to see if they knew what happened to him and all they could tell me is that he hit a call box with his body. I am hopeing to be able to go and visit him this weekend as the hospital has informed me that he is doing better and will have the breathing tube removed today.
Please everyone be carefull when riding as you never know what or when something will or could happen. I feel so sad for my friend having to lay in the hospital not knowing why he is there (except for the fact that he was in a accident). No one has determined if someone caused this or if it was machanical failure of his motorcycle......... Get Well Soon Chuck.......

In my thoughts Chuck! Heal fast and keep us posted hayadooin...

smile.gif

Wishing him a speedy recovery, damn nothing like hitting pole with your body! Do you suppose he dozed off?

Wishing him a speedy recovery!! I hope he gets well soon and back into the saddle.

(dmrowe @ Aug. 07 2007,10:18) Wishing him a speedy recovery, damn nothing like hitting pole with your body!  Do you suppose he dozed off?
Hmmm...that's my first intuition.

Hope he recovers quickly and thankfully sounds like he will recover. Best to him for getting back on..

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 07 2007,10:41)
(dmrowe @ Aug. 07 2007,10:18) Wishing him a speedy recovery, damn nothing like hitting pole with your body!  Do you suppose he dozed off?
He started out in Soutern California...crashed in Barstow...only could have been riding for a few hours
rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 07 2007,11:28)
(Over_Easy @ Aug. 07 2007,10:41)
He started out in Soutern California...crashed in Barstow...only could have been riding for a few hours
rock.gif
Yeah, I thought of that but after a few hours by yourself on the road and if it was early...
rock.gif

rock.gif

Get well soon, our prayers are with ya Chuck.

heal up man sorry to hear of it
sad.gif
hope hes gonna be alright please post up how it happened when you can
smile.gif

Hope he recovers soon.
That's typical highway patrol response that means they don't know.
My friend got killed in an accident and all they can say was "she lost control and hit the guard rail". How can you just "loose control" in an open road?

Back