Be careful please, another rider down.

cache

Banned
just found out a few minutes ago....

One of my best friends, Jason, was at a family reunion on July 31st.
His brother decided to take Jason's gixxer out for a spin. From what I gathered, he just got off a dirt road or driveway, accelerated as fast as he could on the paved road, just as a turn was coming up, he tried to slow, but the tires didn't have traction yet. Speed was estimated at 70mph.

The bike hit one of those hiway side markers, launched up into the air. A witness said the bike went about 100ft, and Jason's brother flew around 250ft.
He landed on the hiway on his right shoulder blade. Wearing Jeans and Tshirt (helmet of course).

Broken shoulder blade, all the ribs on that side, collar bone, collapsed lung, tons of meat gone.Helmet broken in two.

Taken to hospital to be life-flighted to OHSU in Portland. They decided not life-flight him to since there was a recent bunch of accidents, and wanted to keep life-flight available for multiple transport. So, he was taken by ambulance for an hour ride.

Jason and his brother, their parents are in wheelchairs so they could not go. Jason had to go and be the one to handle all the paperwork, etc.
His brother was put on life support. He was conscious the entire time including while they were working on him at the hospital.

Since he was combative, they had to put him in a drug-induced coma, so he was like "okay time to sleep, see you later". Jason had to stay there all the while, and sign forms anytime they changed the life support settings, etc.

Jason lost his job earlier this week for missing too much work. He didn't care since all he wanted to do is be there for his brother.......
His brother passed away yesterday.

I've known Jason for about 7 years. We worked together, partied together, I was there when his 1st wife and kids left him, was there to see him get married again and divorced again...
He is the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back on a cold day.

I'll call him later. It's gonna be tough, but he needs all the support he can get.
Best wishes to Jason and his family.

Wow Cache, sorry to hear that. Please let him know him prayers are sent.
Prayers sent for you too my brother.
God bless.

Dang, hate to hear that type of news...

Anytime someone in the ORG looses a friend or family, it seems to hit just a little closer to home for the rest of us.

Prayers to the family!

sad.gif
Dayum this has been the worst, 2nd half of summer I can remember in a awhile... Lot's of tragedy... Up here we've lost two riders in the last two weeks and one of our race team guys is paralyzed from the neck down... Just too much...
sad.gif

sad.gif

sorry to hear about your buddy. My thoughts are with you and his family.

Sorry to hear this news Cache
sad.gif

I'm at a loss for words. Condolences to you, you're friend, and his family.

Very sorry to hear that, Chris! Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

This truly a bad time to be on two wheels. This incident is another reason why you shouldn't giv the key to anyone, even experienced riders. A buddy I ride with drop my ZX-9 once, and I was alright about the damage, as long as he wasn't hurt bad.

My prayers are with your buddy Cache.

Sorry to hear about your friend Cache. My prayers go out to you and Jason's family.

Back