We Lost Another Brother

racrguy

Registered
Last week a friend of mine was riding his bike and took a corner too fast (est: 85-90) leaned over too far and lost the bike, and slid into a guardrail amputating both of his legs instantly, the two people he was riding with never even slowed down, luckily there was a woman in a car behind him and saw the whole thing unfold, he regained consciousness long enough to tell her who he was and then passed back out. they lost him in the ambulance and brought him back, the same thing happened at the hospital a second time and when it happened a third time there was nothing that they could do for him. He had not been riding too long, less than one month, and against all of his friends/family went ahead and bought a bike too big for his maturity level. His father bet him $10 that within one month of him having this bike he would be down and when the police/hospital returned his things to his father there was only $10 in his wallet. Please everyone be careful and don't overreach your skills/knowledge, ride safe everyone.

sad.gif

i dont have words...

all i can think is how bad the dad must feel.

he will never forgive himself for not taking a stand agianst the whole thing.

instead he made a joking bet....
he will never forgive himself.

my prayers are with the family.
sad.gif

sad.gif

gcal, he was grown and lived on his own, and the bet (as it was explained to me) was completely serious but they had no idea it would be so severe

Prayers going up. There's another lesson to be learned here....YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER. so don't harm others with your mouth. That's why when someone says "You're going to kill yourself on that bike" I get pissed and rebuke them on the spot!!! I'm sure his father meant no harm. Man that hurts me to my heart though, God bless that family and grant them peace in their times of need.

Big Dawg, you are 100% right, that was the first thing that came into my spirit. Watch your words fella's, there is power in your words.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend; his family and friends are devastated, I'm sure. My thoughts are with you and those in his life...very sad news...
sad.gif

sad.gif
Very sad news indeed~ My thoughts and prayers are with this family and friends in there time of need~

R.I.P.... ride with the wind, brother...

I'm sorry for your lose. Best wishes out to his family and frends.

What an incredibly sad story. Someone with that little experience has no business riding at that level though. Hope the family finds the strength they need to pull through.
sad.gif

That's terrible, Racr! I'm am sorry to hear that. My condolescences to you and his family. I agree with Big Dawg, I'm sure his father didn't me any harm but I'm sure he's feeling pretty bad. My prayers go out to everyone.

What an incredibly sad story. Someone with that little experience has no business riding at that level though. Hope the family finds the strength they need to pull through.
sad.gif
So true justin, cant believe the two guys he was riding with never stopped. They might have even pushed him to ride outside his level..

God Speed brother...

Back