We Lost Another Brother

Not a bad idea, maybe a research study group showing relationship of fatalies & serious injury on motorcycles as they relate to:
1-Rider experience
2-Bike cc

It would be an awesome piece of material to publish and display at the MSF instructed courses, local shops, internet & forums.  That could be vital information as we've seen in the last couple of days worth of posts.
Bigdawg,

There is such a report out there its called the Hurt Report. MSF bases there course off of this report by Harry Hurt. In my class I do mention the Hurt Report several times. I would love to hand out a copy to each class but unfortunately is is over 100 pages long. Here is a link to the highlights of the report. I do not believe they get into the size of the motorcycle involved in the crash.

Students ask me all the time, what is the perfect beginner bike. I tell them there is no such thing as a perfect beginner bike. There is only the bike that fits you and you feel comfortable on (as far as weight, height, sitting position). They go on to say, I heard that a smaller bike is right for me. Let truth be told, you can kill yourself on a 600 just as quickly as on a 1000. The rider controls the power and the rider controls the limits of there riding. No one bike will make a you a safer rider.

Hurt Report
thanks bro

My prayers are with him and his family. Let's all learn from this to drive responsibly and never disrespect the power of the bike.
sad.gif

Back