local rider wreck

BUSAFETT

Registered
MOTORCYCLIST HURT: A rider was thrown from his motorcycle Tuesday afternoon when he collided with a van at the intersection of Del. 141 and Del. 273 in New Castle. He was taken to Christiana Hospital in stable condition with a broken right wrist and arm and a possible break in his left wrist, said New Castle County Paramedics spokeswoman Kelli Starr-Leach. He was wearing a helmet. Paramedics and Delaware State Police were called to the intersection at 4:40 p.m. Tuesday. Troopers learned that Frank Webb, 44, of Wilmington, was heading south on Del. 141 on a 1984 Honda motorcycle as a 2000 Chevrolet van, driven by Chaz Harris of Pennsville, N.J., headed north, said Delaware State Police spokesman Cpl. Jeff Whitmarsh. Harris, 27, made a left turn into the path of the motorcycle. Harris was not injured but was cited for failing to yield on a left turn, Whitmarsh said.

bowdown.gif
Glad he's alive.

I saw a report and don't quote me on this but it was like of all motorcycle accidents more than 75 % are involved with cagers and of those 80 % are the cagers fault for not paying attention in some way ................Interesting enough we are cagers also but because we ride I know I respect and pay attention to more detail, same goes for rigs , I drove one years ago and I know the things the driver is dealing with and give room and space etc........

Many times my wife replies on the chatterebox when a cager squeezes between her leading and the car in front of her..... that, "that space is my safe space not a place for you car.."

All that to say .... hope all is ok and lets be carefull out there !!

Glad to hear he is o/k. To many people doing
everything but paying attention on the road.

Well what sux for him is, DE is a good ole "no fault" state.. So this should be interesting.

Whoever came up with that "no fault" idea should be shot.

BF

He's alive and that's good. Hope he recovers well.

Time to find a good attorney and talk to the van driver's insurance company...

Back