Noticing a trend locally

I'm on PNW , I didn't know this person but even I do some things that I know aren't safe sometimes . This is a tough way to be reminded that we need to ride safe whenever there is traffic around .

super.gif
PM -->
Enginerd @ Nov. 14 2007 said:
1221340[/ATTACH] PM]
VA, another one hits home for both of us... I'm in newport news and let me tell you that I have seen more crashes/fatalities here in the 6 months I have been here, than I ever have.  It is incredible.  I was however talking with some of the guys at my local shop today where we were talking about the James River Bridge crash and it was said the rider was traveling EXTREMELY fast while lane splitting...  Why would people do stuff like this?  His bike was said to have burst into flames at some point but I do not know if there is solid truth behind that.
I was trying to find more articles from the Daily Press because I know I've read at least 5 in recent months in your area, all very young, sport bikes...it's just sad
sad.gif

You've been in that area before...you really can't go but so fast in that kind of traffic, bike or not...I'm sure the perception of so many cagers is always "he/she was running extremely fast" but I do wonder if that's true at all...
Not to jack the thread but my dad retired out of Langley . I'm out there all the time . My mom and dad live in Tabb now I will be there in Jan for a week . Lets get a dinner together!

super.gif

This is very sad and I feel a loss anytime a fellow rider goes down, however, I think we have to recognize the risk of taking the type of chances that these guys apparently did. Facing these situations honestly can only make us better riders.

I hate to hear of any motorcyclist losing their life
but it is worst when it is one so young. Hopefully we
can look back at some of the stupid things we did when
we were young that could have gotten us injured or
killed before we pass judgement on anyone. Prayers out
to all the family and friends who may have lost someone
this riding season.

super.gif
PM -->
Enginerd @ Nov. 14 2007 said:
1221615[/ATTACH] PM]
VA, another one hits home for both of us... I'm in newport news and let me tell you that I have seen more crashes/fatalities here in the 6 months I have been here, than I ever have. It is incredible. I was however talking with some of the guys at my local shop today where we were talking about the James River Bridge crash and it was said the rider was traveling EXTREMELY fast while lane splitting... Why would people do stuff like this? His bike was said to have burst into flames at some point but I do not know if there is solid truth behind that.
I was trying to find more articles from the Daily Press because I know I've read at least 5 in recent months in your area, all very young, sport bikes...it's just sad
sad.gif

You've been in that area before...you really can't go but so fast in that kind of traffic, bike or not...I'm sure the perception of so many cagers is always "he/she was running extremely fast" but I do wonder if that's true at all...
A look at the back of the truck he hit says a lot...

super.gif

Back