Went down with my son on 2up

Some of my best memories was riding on the back of my dads CB 750.... Good on you for having him geared up and ready..... Great dad instincts, check on him then yourself and then worry about mom... Sounds like a nomination for dad of the year to me.....

Good work

CAp

If he walked away without you must be doing something right! Glad you are both okay.

You're still in the running, my friend. By getting to your bot you showed everything a true Father should feel. Concern for your Son and F the world until he's OK. This is actually a good thing. He now knows , as does your baby's mama, that just because you go down it doesn't necessarily mean death or dismemberment. I did not know this simple fact until I was 36. While I do not look forward to your experience it is a real possibility as my son and I (6yo) cover close to 50 miles per month and the mileage is climbing rapidly as he learns how to behave on the motorcycle. We ride the road sofa together because in my mind it offers a little more protection.
Do NOT stop taking him for rides! that will only teach him fear will beat you! NOT a good thing to teach a child IMO.
Good on ya all the way around!
beerchug.gif

I couldnt agree more with the posts here.

My father never did those things with me, and the fact that you are there for him is excellent.

You would be a big piece of sh1b if he didnt have gear on, but the fact that he learned that lesson with his dad is priceless.

Get him back on soon.
beerchug.gif

Another one here thankful that you two are OK. I think all of us parents shared in your pain in this thread. Your instincts prove your a great Dad, nothing less.

I'm so glad you're both okay and I can't imagine how you felt in the seconds after going down...my worst fear
sad.gif
Don't beat yourself up though...you had him in gear and he's okay for that.
smile.gif

Keep the jacket.

When he's 18 and riding, if you catch him without gear you'll have something to show him.

Glad to hear that both of you are OK. Once he gets back to school and starts telling everyone how HE wiped out on a Busa he is going to be a hero. He's going to have to beat the girls off with a stick.
tounge.gif

Glad the both of you are okay.
If the forks are bent, get a hold of Golden Child, he has some he'll sell ya.

you think that's bad?
i threw my chick off the back labor day.
after she fell off i went back to her and she was unconscious layin in the road! note to all girls who cant hold on-WEAR A HELMET!

Glad u are both ok.. since i went down 2 years ago i have cut back on riding my kids(9 & 14) because that is my biggest fear. now mostly around the block once in a great while.

Glad u both had on leather and helmets. zay

Very happy you are both ok. I wouldnt go anywhere on my 4wheeler without my son. Hes 4 and I have one of those big storage things with a seat built in and a backrest bolted down to the back. I have 10x more fun with him on there with me than by myself. He is always telling me go over there or over here or pinching my back yelling faster faster! Sharing things you do with your kids is a great thing to do. No matter what you are doing even sitting at home on the couch watching barney a tree limb could fall on your roof and squash you so just be careful and enjoy all the time you can with the youngins.

-vJ-

Back