Bought my son a cbr600 last weekend

Macfast

Never Forgotten
Last weekend I bought my son a 2001 CBR 600.Now I've got a live in riding buddy .He's seventeen now has been going to the mountains since 2000 when I first bought the busa. After 300+ miles 2 years ago at the bash. He didnt want to ride two up with me any more. Can't much blame him rear seat is'nt the best in comfort. And he is a little grown
He was riding his sisters EX500 last year( put 1300 miles on it) before she took it back to base in Omaha.
Looking forward to riding with my son in the mountains> I'll give him 3 months to get comfortable with it before I take him up their .
I met Grandpa busa and his son at the bash and they were my insprition. I think that is so great father and son riding together.
Wife is none to happy about the purchase. She says as If I was'nt enough to worry about now shell worry about the both of us. Hopefully she will warm up to it
Anyway It's red& black and has 5200 miles bought it from a coworker so I knew how well it had been cared for.
Joseph my son is stoked looking forward to see yall at the fall Bash

first off..no pics?

Second, your wife never will stop worrying. Buy her one next!

hogger...
laugh.gif

Congrats..
Would love to do the same for my son..
But traffic is so heavy here and the standard of driving is appaling.
I'm terrified of him being killed or seriously injured..

Now I'm depressed.
biggrin.gif

That was so easy with the help of my son Mr conputer wiz
What do yall think? I will try my best not to be a bad influence and learn more wrist restraint.

that is a very clean lookin bike...... ive been tryin to get my pops on a bike now for a couple yrs but he jsut isnt budging..... and if ur son is lookin to pipe the bike i would recommend a micron pipe..... i ride with a guy that has a 600f4i and the micron pipe sounds amazing

I,ve got a micron on my busa. Thought a two brothers or something the factory uses would be a good pipe. Any more suggestions?

F4i's are a nice bike! That is what i traded in for my busa last year. I put a K&N air filter, PC and a Yoshi RS-3 Slip on. I put the 3 aftermarket parts on at the same time and i'll tell you it made a HUGE difference in throttle response. It was much smoother and of course what engine wouldnt like being able to breath easier!

Very
cool.gif
Did the same for my Live-in Ride buddy (17 year old Son) about two months back. Been enjoy rides ever since. My wife ride too but doen't like to when it is to cold <60. Enjoy the time together.
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Clean Bike. You are one cool dad! My 8 year old tells me everyday that his first bike will be a Gixxer 600. We are getting a dog next week and he name is already be declared Gixxer! Good luck to you and your son.

Teach him respect on the bike and you guys will have a blast.

My dad always said, " As soon as you think you are smarter than the machine, it will bite you in the a*s!"

Ride Safe

Nice job. I can not wait myself. My son gets his license in 2 months. Then I will take the state course with him and purchase him a bike.

I plan on getting an F4i as a second bike. There's 2 Busas already in the stable, so I'd prefer to get a 600 as opposed to a liter.

I would love to get the 600RR, but I'm sure I could find an '01 F4i much cheaper.

Congrats ...

Back