Motorcycle Killed My Son

So I wrote the editor. His response:

Jefferey,
For the record, this story was in no ways meant to tell the story of motorcycles. It was a story about one person and her trouble coping with her son's death a year earlier. I was in no ways trying to be accurate

???

I believe you met your goal here, Mr Editor......

sad to see a kid die....but mommy seems to blame everything except her sons bad judgement. dunno what kind of bike he had, but mine only goes as fast as i tell it to.

Man, it is not about taking responsability. That's what is used as a poor excuse for some legislators to pass laws that resemble a comunist dictatorship. People, for the most part, are responsible. The older you get the more responsible you become, and that's a fact of life. Even if every single one of us ,on a personal level or the society as a whole, would show good judgment, you'd still find some political "figure" trying to come up with some laws that somehow regulate something that would affect everyone on a personal level in the name of "safety". I can go on and on but i believe you're getting my drift.

I get your drift and frankly, I agree with you. We're both talking about two sides of the same coin. Politicians are notorious for believing they know more than the common peons they take us to be. Sometimes, the peons prove it but that's back to the other side of the coin.

As noted in another post, it only takes one p.o.'d mom to make things a pain in the butt for a select group of people.

--Wag--

I get your drift and frankly, I agree with you. We're both talking about two sides of the same coin. Politicians are notorious for believing they know more than the common peons they take us to be. Sometimes, the peons prove it but that's back to the other side of the coin.

As noted in another post, it only takes one p.o.'d mom to make things a pain in the butt for a select group of people.

--Wag--

That is so true!

Back