Off Duty Police Officer Killed While Riding His Motorcycle

I'm assuming you witnessed this ??? or just slandering a deceased individual on the internet. They almost always state DOA because EMS personnel aren't qualified to pronounce dead at the scene only doctors. You must have really got stung good brother, to have all the hate you got going on up in here. Well time for me to log off, get showered and beat the living snot out of the first individual i see walking down the street today wearing a hoodie, because I can .......

Have a great day

Now that's really sad. If you're a cop to say that is really, really irresponsible. There are a lot of cops out there who are abusing the badge, all cops aren't bad but there are more than 1 or 2 idiots turned lose on the public.

I'm sure this will be taken wrong by some AGAIN, but oh well it happens that's called life.

You know it sure is funny how lots of people jump to conclusions and try to pretty much call people liars or accuse them of something without knowing anything of the situation being talked about. I didn't know anything of it either until I searched it. Or maybe, wait probably something I found on the internet so it's not true right?

I think originally it was posted stating how the news can be tweaked and certain things left out so it comes across to fit situation at hand. Now who on here can honestly say that if the same guy was not a police officer and was doing wheelies down that road causing that wreck that that wouldn't have been included in any of those interviews? Funny how since it was a cop ALL the witnesses on that clip just happen to hear the THUD and came outside but really didn't see anything. ??? Funny even the guy driving the truck didn't make the interview(maybe he was too shook up) I'll give you that one. But noone else seen it? Right? On a downtown street at that and the way people want to be on tv now a days. Yeah ok. If it was just a normal crotch rocket riding punk I'm sure there would have been plenty of interviews stating he was wheeling down the street causing trouble & breaking the law. BUT since it was SOMEONE that SWORE to uphold the LAW. POOF there alllll gone.
Originally Posted by Tufbusa
Actually, I think he was just doing his normal 150mph run on his way to work?
Maybe, I guess we'll have to wait on the traffic light camera's for that, nah they were probably not working when he went by.

Originally Posted by dadofthree

I'm assuming you witnessed this or just slandering a deceased individual on the internet.

Nope, just WATE News.

You must have really got stung good brother, to have all the hate you got going on up in here.

Maybe who knows, but you know what? You may have been joking when you said this(quote below) but there are so many cops out there with this attitude that do think they can and in turn honest cops end up paying for it with their lives possibly because of ones with that exact attitude. You know what they say "Screw me over once shame on me, you won't get a chance to do it again" So the good cop ends up paying for the crooked/azzhole cops ways. Just life.

Well time for me to log off, get showered and beat the living snot out of the first individual i see walking down the street today wearing a hoodie, because I can .......

Have a great day

Originally Posted by skid11

Not a word of sympathy from the original poster
Rider dead and just concentrating on alleged spin and his occupation
I find that offensive

I believe the whole point was how the news can totally spin a story and make it something totally different. Losing control and wrecking is one thing. Wheeling down a downtown city street and causing a wreck in which someone innocent could have been killed is another. Which is what he(police officer off duty) did.

Originally Posted by skydivr

I was born here, and I've lived here almost my entire life. I know this intersection and it's a bad one, in a crowded part of town. The road surface is not good with plenty of bumps patches. It's not even in a good part of town with lots of traffic - maybe he was speeding or being a hooligan, but I doubt it as he knows he'd lose his badge. I have yet to see ONE story or witness that says he was doing a wheelie. It could have just as easily (or more likely) have been a oil/water spot, bad road, bad/unbled/unridden in 6 months and fault/bike. And even then, it only takes ONE mistake, and bad timing.

LOT's of accidents, whether doing something stupid or not, fall under the 'lost control' moniker - because that IS the fact. He did not have the right of way, and for one reason or another he lost control and did not yield. He's got two kids and a wife here in town - don't you think that's enough? The man put his life on the line in multiple deployments while serving in the armed forces, and again when he became a police officer. He deserved more respect than you gave him in the OP

Donn, unless you can provide a link that confirms he was doing a wheelie, it was irrresponsible of you to make that claim and I think you should reconsider. .

Born here,live here,bad road,crowded part of town yada yada yada, would you really be defending a 29yr old non police officer punk the same way that did the same thing? Probably not, because most would automatically assume he was doing something he shouldn't have been. Or what if this officer ran into to someone you know or love and could have possibly killed them, put that bike into a passenger or drivers door at the same speed and see how the person in the car fairs in the situation. From the looks of the truck he was going pretty good. Now find out the officer was off duty and speeding/wheeling down the street and see if you think the news segment seemed legitimate and honest.

The man put his life on the line in multiple deployments while serving in the armed forces, and again when he became a police officer. He deserved more respect than you gave him in the OP

I don't see where he bashed the cop at all, looked to me as if he was just pointing out how the news gets padded. If the innocent guy in the truck would have died would he still have deserved respect?

Oh, here's the news article if anyone cares to believe it or not.

Witnesses told police the victim had been traveling on Lafayette Street popping wheelies for "some distance."

Off-duty Metro cop killed in south Nashville collision

Aaron could not confirm such reports.

Not if he wanted to keep his job he couldn't.

Originally Posted by crazyarch

Now that's really sad. If you're a cop to say that is really, really irresponsible. There are a lot of cops out there who are abusing the badge, all cops aren't bad but there are more than 1 or 2 idiots turned lose on the public.

Well said !

Ok, I'm done. RIP Rider.

We all do something stupid on these machines at sometime or another, understand what you mean my brother inlaw is a police officer, they are now angels. sucks when anybody dies, RIP brother.

I'm sure this will be taken wrong by some AGAIN, but oh well it happens that's called life.

You know it sure is funny how lots of people jump to conclusions and try to pretty much call people liars or accuse them of something without knowing anything of the situation being talked about. I didn't know anything of it either until I searched it. Or maybe, wait probably something I found on the internet so it's not true right?

I think originally it was posted stating how the news can be tweaked and certain things left out so it comes across to fit situation at hand. Now who on here can honestly say that if the same guy was not a police officer and was doing wheelies down that road causing that wreck that that wouldn't have been included in any of those interviews? Funny how since it was a cop ALL the witnesses on that clip just happen to hear the THUD and came outside but really didn't see anything. ??? Funny even the guy driving the truck didn't make the interview(maybe he was too shook up) I'll give you that one. But noone else seen it? Right? On a downtown street at that and the way people want to be on tv now a days. Yeah ok. If it was just a normal crotch rocket riding punk I'm sure there would have been plenty of interviews stating he was wheeling down the street causing trouble & breaking the law. BUT since it was SOMEONE that SWORE to uphold the LAW. POOF there alllll gone.

Maybe, I guess we'll have to wait on the traffic light camera's for that, nah they were probably not working when he went by.

Nope, just WATE News.

Maybe who knows, but you know what? You may have been joking when you said this(quote below) but there are so many cops out there with this attitude that do think they can and in turn honest cops end up paying for it with their lives possibly because of ones with that exact attitude. You know what they say "Screw me over once shame on me, you won't get a chance to do it again" So the good cop ends up paying for the crooked/azzhole cops ways. Just life.

I believe the whole point was how the news can totally spin a story and make it something totally different. Losing control and wrecking is one thing. Wheeling down a downtown city street and causing a wreck in which someone innocent could have been killed is another. Which is what he(police officer off duty) did.

Born here,live here,bad road,crowded part of town yada yada yada, would you really be defending a 29yr old non police officer punk the same way that did the same thing? Probably not, because most would automatically assume he was doing something he shouldn't have been. Or what if this officer ran into to someone you know or love and could have possibly killed them, put that bike into a passenger or drivers door at the same speed and see how the person in the car fairs in the situation. From the looks of the truck he was going pretty good. Now find out the officer was off duty and speeding/wheeling down the street and see if you think the news segment seemed legitimate and honest.

I don't see where he bashed the cop at all, looked to me as if he was just pointing out how the news gets padded. If the innocent guy in the truck would have died would he still have deserved respect?

Well said !

Ok, I'm done. RIP Rider.

Good find Rollin20z
I knew someone with a little intelligence would find an article or a posting by a witness. I found out about this around 3:30PM on the day it happened but I could not share more resources due to privacy. Well the next day when it came out in the paper I was curious to how they wrote it. As usual it was portrayed how they want the citizen to take it just as the war going on, you never get the full details only from people that witnessed it.
Keith (Skydvr) Hmmm your the one that started all of this doubting and a few others jumped on your ban wagon. You of all people on here would I have suspected to doubt my word or integrity, we are neighbors, we rode together, sat and talked after riding.. You not only started it but took the effort to write more and make the jump by posting it, I sure hope you take more effort in packing your chute before you jump while skydiving.
With effort using google and keywords this article is found in less time then it took you to write your post.
For as the others that made negative comments and spun this post out of control I could care less I have never met you. UK Newbie.... How would you feel if this story was a little different and this officer came crashing into your wifes car t boning her and taking her life as your daughter was in the passenger seat and has to deal with this trauma the rest of her life, Would you have sympathy still for this rider?

Thats about all I have to say...

This is very sad news, regardless of why he died a fellow rider and a public servant died RIP and condolences to the family. I really don't think there is a good time to be flaming someone who dies in a motorcycle accident and unless we were on the scene we do not know what really happens.

I do not like when police officers are killed and people trash talk them because the got a ticket some time by some officer or they had some bad experience with a PO, I think it was unfair I am sure that officer was a really good guy that put his life on the line for others.

RIP

Donn, I asked you when you made the initial post if you could cite where you had seen the wheelie part, since I hadn't seen that posted anywhere, which made your post not sound right. When I made that next post, I still had not seen a response, so It sounded like you were speculating, as I had seen no mention of it previously - and obviously you had some inside information that wasn't shared. If there are indeed witness reports that prove the guy was doing wheelies, then I will retract and offer you my apology. If you had said "I happen to have information that he was doing wheelies" I would have never said a word, and would have agreed how the story is being written to not shed a bad light on him. Your integrity was never doubted and a non-issue. If you are still offended, we can always go sit down and have a cup of coffee and discuss it.

And, yes Rollin20z, I WILL give a police officer the additional benefit of the doubt because it's sooo hard to get to the place he got in life, only to end it by doing something this foolhardy. Dang shame officer or not.

Some the most enthusastic riding of done was with a sherrif in the next county over, cops are people too, they do things they shouldnt, and are not immune to the consequences. Any rifer losing his life sucks. RIP rider....

Also interesting that the link that said he was doing wheelies was a KNOXVILLE news outlet. And, if true, and no news outlets in Nashville collaborated or posted it, that WOULD support Donn's original post and theory.

Cant we just get back to the original context of this thread and how the news adds fluff or takes away information :dunno: why add all the drama
This thread didnt start out titled "Cop rides recklessly and gets killed" Funny how one can come along and make a comment and then here we go turns into a whole different topic. Geeeeze the fukn drama i swear!
If you want to believe cops don't break the law cause they have fear of losing there badge thats wonderful continue to live in your fantasy world.
And no Keith I am not going to go look for a witness reports. Its like arguing with a 4 yr old.. Go brush your teeth,,, why,, so your teeth wont decay,,,,,, why,,,,,,cause it protects your teeth with fluoride....... why.... ... I said I heard it from a legit witness that he was seen doing a wheelie and lost control, either you believe it or you dont.

Done here this thread just got way out of whack...

As usual it was portrayed how they want the citizen to take it just as the war going on, you never get the full details only from people that witnessed it.
I think u have a general misunderstanding of the media and the police. the media will be the first to throw the police under the bus if a cop has done something wrong. ur comment about the war leads me to believe that that u think the media protects the police when they have done wrong because the public doesnt want to hear about it.

maybe the media who reported this story wasnt sure about the details and instead of spreading what could be possible rumors they just decided to report what they could confirm? the media are concerned about storys that people will read not protecting law enforcements reputation.

the media not reporting how many soldiers got their legs blown off this week is a lot different then reporting that a cop may have been performing a wheelie or ate a red light that contributed to his death. people will gladly read about a cop screwing up.

and as far as witnesses go. they are about as reliable as a submarine with screen doors.....:whistle:

ALL of us some point or another has broken the law on our motorcycle while speeding and anyone who says that is not true is full of chit. u could have crashed while speeding or had someone pull out in front of u and cause or contribute to someone elses death. it could have happened to all of us at one point or another.

the majority of us could all say that we have never rode our bike while intoxicated but none of us can say that we have never ate a light before or exceeded the speed limit. and most have done a wheelie at some point or another. as the saying goes people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Yea, I forgot for a second. I'm a cop and in someones eye's I have to be perfect and can't have a sense of humor about crap :talk2hand:

Nope, just WATE News.

Well said !

Ok, I'm done. RIP Rider.

Sorry didn't bother to read your entire post of ignorance. I forgot; all cops are branded for immediate identification by witnesses so that they know we're cops. Ignorance was as oRg rated as I could get. But then again ignorance is exactly what I keep reading in these hateful useless cop hating threads that seem to pop up frequently at the oRg now-a-days.

Well hey, I urinate on afghanis according to the news. Who cares? :laugh:

Unless you are perfect and do no wrong, there is no reason to throw stones here.

Let it go guys. I'm the one that made this thread go downhill. He had info that he couldn't divulge. I was wrong for the way I questioned him about it, and have offered a public and private apology.

Let it go guys. I'm the one that made this thread go downhill. He had info that he couldn't divulge. I was wrong for the way I questioned him about it, and have offered a public and private apology.

That's all good Keith, I think the whole thing started out just as a thread about how the news can get censored in certain situations given the people involved and NOT in any way was it meant as a cop bashing thread or do I see any comments that make it such.??? Except for some bait thrown in the water looking for some bites by a couple people.

Ignorance was as oRg rated as I could get. But then again ignorance is exactly what I keep reading in these hateful useless cop hating threads that seem to pop up frequently at the oRg now-a-days.

Would you mind explaining what was so ignorant about any comment made here? Besides the one's about all the cop bashing that is going on, and where is the bashing at? About the only kind of bashing or ignorance I see or would directed to a cop was said by you. Sure, it may have been a joke but in light of the how the thread was going that would have to be the most unintelligent thing I have seen said on this thread especially to be said by an cop accusing others of cop bashing.???

I have no problems with any cops, can't say I care for them if they are writing me a ticket though. :laugh: No doubt most are probably 100% good people and are only doing their job the best they can with what they got but whether anyone likes it or not there are bad ones in every group out there. And that goes the same for any profession,religion,group or family that are only looking out for #1 and will go over anyone who gets in their way whether it be right or wrong.

Again, sorry the young man lost his life cop,husband,dad or not. Even if he was a reckless hoodlum showing off he would have still at very least been someone's son.

UK Newbie.... How would you feel if this story was a little different and this officer came crashing into your wifes car t boning her and taking her life as your daughter was in the passenger seat and has to deal with this trauma the rest of her life, Would you have sympathy still for this rider?
As the UK Newbie..that didnt happen and a rider was killed.Stick to facts.You concentrate and his occupation and spin

Back