Motorcycle Accident, but where's the loyalty?

dreadkingbusa

Registered
October 12, 2008

Motorcyclist killed in I-95 crash in Md.; others flee

The News Journal

One motorcyclist died while others fled the scene after an accident on I-95 in Maryland, state police said today.

The accident happened about 7:30 p.m. Saturday near Md. 100 in Elkridge, south of Baltimore, and closed the I-95 southbound lanes about three hours.

The operator of a 2006 Suzuki GSXR750 was pronounced dead at the scene. His name is being withheld by police pending notification of family.

Police said he was one of a group of six to eight bikers traveling recklessly at extreme high speed on southbound I-95 when he lost control, struck a guardrail in the median and was thrown off the bike into the left southbound lane. He was then struck by at least two automobiles. Two drivers stopped and waited for police.

The victim's motorcycle came back onto the highway and was struck by a 2005 Suzuki GSXR750, whose driver was ejected. Witnesses told troopers the operator fled on the back of another motorcycle in the group. None of the motorcyclists remained at the scene.

The victim was wearing a helmet, police said. His body was turned over to the state medical examiner for an autopsy.

Police asked anyone who witnessed the crash to call investigators at (410) 799-2101.

No joke, what about plates and registrations? They will find you. Too bad, I would never leave my bro on the highway, no matter how bad it was.

Damn thats cold. To leave a fellow motorcyclist to die and not help is screwed up. Makes you wonder if the bikes were stolen or if they were on drugs or dui. You know the bikes can be traced by tag and registration. To go from a minor ticket to felony fleeing the scene is stupid.

Same "friend" scenario here a few years ago.

A bunch of people were at a deserted air strip stunting and such. they were not supposed to be there but at least they were screweing around where not innocent people would get harmed.

Something happened and one guy got hurt real bad.

EVRYONE SPLIT!! someone called the police and reported it but no one stayed because they were afraid of getting in trouble.

That is when you find out who your true friends are.

When I was younger I was of the mind set that everyone was a friend until they proved otherwise.

As I have gotten older my mind set has changed that no one is really a "friend" until they prove themselves to be one. Until then everyone is just an aquantence.

And I pretty much only trust friends to have my back

No joke, what about plates and registrations? They will find you. Too bad, I would never leave my bro on the highway, no matter how bad it was.

Yell, but that doesn't place you personally at scene. I'm sure it was called in stolen

Not sure if anybody remembers this word. CONSCIENCE. How the hell do you wake up in the morning knowing that you left your buddy to die in the middle of the street? Kinda the world we live in today. A whole lot of followers and not too many leaders. Dont really know the full story, but regardless it is jacked up.

I just don't get it, to leave your riding buddy.
Is it the way people are raised?
Is it drugs?

Is it so hard to show a moment of concern for a person in need?

Prayers go out to rider and his family.

it's sad to lay there bleeding out while your "friends" leave you to lie in the road surrounded by strangers...i wouldn't be able to shave anymore since i would never be able to look in the mirror again!

Nobody should be left like that no matter what. I am sure there were no Marines in this bunch of pukes. :2cents: R.I.P.

that is messed up I would never leave my buddies like that. I am disappointed in these guys.

it's sad to lay there bleeding out while your "friends" leave you to lie in the road surrounded by strangers...i wouldn't be able to shave anymore since i would never be able to look in the mirror again!

I agree 100% , Well said Bro !! :banghead:

Bunch of biker boyz wannabes. Maybe no endorsements, registration, warrants, could be anything. Bunch of azzhat losers. I hope none of them breed.......

Bunch of biker boyz wannabes. Maybe no endorsements, registration, warrants, could be anything. Bunch of azzhat losers. I hope none of them breed.......

You probably are exactly right given the circumstances. No honor among thieves and no consideration among idiots

The sad reality is that there are a lot of straight up "hooligan" types that ride in our sport.

Also, let us not forget, that choosing to ride on I-95 (just the biggest and busiest freeway on the east coast) in a reckless manner is also choosing to jeopardize the safety of you and everyone around you, thus, the rider was really just a victim of his own foolish choices.

It's good to know that good folks like many members on this site are here to keep riding respectable.

Be safe and enjoy the ride!

I was riding with a guy once that I didn't really like, but when he crashed I jumped off my bike a ran to help him...! He was okay so we towed the bike to my house and drove him to the hospital...! Even if you're not really friends you should stay! :rulez:

Thats one of the coldest, heartless things to a another human being. Hell I see a rider stranded you stop an offer assistance. How you can ride away, but I see this a lot, as they are always young riders.

Back