Motorcycle injured chasing a Harley

Harleys blow chunk....they really do . Sure they look cool ,they hold their value, sound ok to some.....

For police vehicles...they suck . Here in this city they have gone too BMW's for the most part . There's actually a Katana or 2 around as well .
I'm pretty sure that the police here ride Kawasakis.

But anyway, I send my good thought his way. The fire works where I was last night were dedicated to the police officer.

come on dudes.....SERIOUSLY . The average person doesn't walk in to a store and try to buy huge amounts of EPHEDRINE.
come on....whats its common use....I myself , and tens of thousands of of other North Americans have no need for large quantities of this shid . Actually....most of us have ZERO need , for this shid .

Sure cops can be overzealous...they're human...just like us .

I want Stunnah and his bro's out there , I want them to stop the low-lifes from makin' "whatever-the-fug-its-called".

We dont need it . We dont need all these harsh drugs.

SURE...I know what some of you are thinking....
Big Brother....where does it stop .
Chasing cons...someone innocents could be hurt .
yadda yadda yadda .

Lets do a reality chec for a second thou....
Cops stop chasing bad people, cause of this kind of press.

Great , now I/you/me/we...wanna go out for a blast on the busa...now we have to share the road with scumbags.
LOTS OF THEM....tons an' tons of SCUMBAGS . The cops dont chase criminals anymore . BAD IDEA . What do ya think the criminals are gonna do when they find out....

It will be "OPEN SEASON" on the streets .

Society just cant work that way....yer a dirtbag...you have to be chased,caught,judged,and sentenced , if need be .

We just cant let them do whatever they want . We will have complete chaos on our hands . Criminals must be stopped .

The bottom line has been missed here , an' once again it is the fault of SENSATIONALIZM....the media...
ya... the six O'clock news .

They love this stuff..."Motor Cop injured trying to apprehend "SUSPECTED" drug dealer .

They just forgot to make news of the other 3,894,724 acts of police in the world that day .
You know...the other arrests...pedophile caught
drug dealer stopped
murderer found
rapist apprehended
Come on people...the fuggin dirtbag on the harley ran . He figured he had a chance to outrun the cop . WHY...he ran 'cause he's a dirtbag . Maybe he ran 'cause he had an outstanding warrant for something....who knows...

THe bottom line.....Mr. Joe Average Person....ain't tryin' to buy dope ingrediants....and he/she isnt runnin' when asked to pull over .
I dont like being pulled over either...its just that this is the roof we live under.....

if you dont like it....FUGGIN MOVE . Try yer chances in some little shid third world country .

Think about it....REALLY think about....before you type out some rebutle....

The shiddy cops...the ones with hangups,drinkin' probs,macho-man syndrome.... society has no use for them.

I think they are few...an' far between .

STUNNAH.....thx fer manin' yer post .

Some of you know me....i do what i can to help others. I do what I can for society and for my town . If this fughead was at my drug store askin the lil' girl behind the counter to fill the bag up with "BRAIN ROT" and she figured it out , and called police...GREAT . Good job honey . If I was standing in line an' figured it out too , I would have....and so would thousands of others....
JUMPED ON HIS FUGGIN SKULL .

Ya I know...greasy harley guy could have been buyin' all that dope to make a charitable donation at the local old folks home .
Think about it peepul.....

Once again....thx Stunnah .

RSD is right. If we stop the struggle of good against bad, bad will win. It is only the few who care that stop the tide.

raider,I dont understand your complaint? your comment regarding the police not accepting thier responsability? I beleive they said the officer hit the vehicle trying to chase down a suspected meth producer? is that not accepting responsaility? what more can they say? so on that note I would like to say to everyone here on this board that as citizens of the United States it is our DUTY to be aware of emergency vehicles on our roads, at ALL times! had the driver of the vehicle heard the siren or saw the lights and used caution like the law says you should, the accident may not have taken place. it takes two to tango, so if your involved in a no fault accident you need to accept some responsability however little, even if its just accepting the fact you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and may not have been paying as much attention to your surroundings as you should have been?

Raider,I dont understand your complaint? your comment regarding the police not accepting their responsability? I beleive they said the officer hit the vehicle trying to chase down a suspected meth producer? is that not accepting responsability? What more can they say?
My complaint is with their assigning the blame of the collision between the motor cop & the pick up to the suspected meth maker. The accident was the fault of the officer & possibly the truck driver. Just because one is in *hot pursuit* does not absolve one of personal responsibility for ones actions or ones safety. The article doesn't say whether he had his lights & siren on or not, but being as he is a veteran, experienced officer and given the area in which the pursuit took place I'm sure he did. Think about it...the 1st thing a you do when driving and hearing a siren is check your mirrors. Only then do you start searching for the Cop/Emergency Vehicle. Which is not always easy to locate even when it is a large truck let alone a small fast moving motorcycle. It is the officers responsibility to maintain control of his vehicle. He didn't. The police spokesperson blamed the suspect for that,
I disagree. I feel bad for the cop & especially his family.
While I am NOT a cop, I have worked closely with them as an EMT. I have had the responsibility of driving an Ambulance & would never dream of blaming an accident on the patient in the back <ie the reason for driving at high speed with Lights & Siren on>.

Umm don't be offended but there's a pretty big difference between driving an ambulance to the hospital as quickly and as safely as possible and diving a police vehicle in pursuit of a person that resfuses to pull over. Your patient is of no danger to you or the vehicles around him. The guy who would not stop, obviously is engaging in unlawful acts such as not stopping for an police officer and driving dangerously.

Any word on the condition of the officer?

Englewood police said Officer Brian Mueller, 36, was pursuing a man who had tried to buy a large amount of ephedrine at a nearby Wal-Mart around 4:50 p.m. Ephedrine can be used in methamphetamine preparation.
sounds very familiar to "we found 2 trailer that with some modification could be used to..." then again he was "eluding"

I haven't heard anything since July 4th.

RSD said it all perfect, the cop made a poor decision to run the stop sign, but had the suspect ran into the truck instead we all would have said good riddance, one less thug on the streets. Had the cop caught the guy there would have been no story, just another drug dealer put behind bars and back out on the streets in 6 months.

I know no one is going to like what I have to say on this, but this is my OPINION!

Buying a large quantity of substance/ephadrine does not qualify for a high speed persuit. He should have followed him casualy, calling in his plates, or at least finding backup. This individual is not going to cook it up on the bike as he rides away. Stopping him was not going to prevent where ever he was taking it to from cooking up more. We all know about coming up to an intersection on a bike and having someone run the stop sign. Let alone someone not paying attention to a police motorcycle.

On a side note: Most (not all) of the cops around here couldn't find their way out of a box canyon.

Drugs: I come from lots of different places. One town/county I lived in had the highest drug content per capita in the country. You deal with it and move on.

Leagalize all of it. Tax the sh!t out of it. Use the money for drug education. No one puts drugs into your hands, YOU DO! I have never done any type of illegal drugs. I have been around them most of my life. It is a choice!!!! Your choice! Several of my friends growing up did all kinds of drugs, while I was around or with them. They had enough respect for my decision not to do it, they eventualy quit asking.

If you want an example; My sister is a welfare riding whore. I don't even know how many kids she has had. The only two that are to the same father are the twins. Drugs have been part of her life since (that I know of) she was 13 or so. (I grew up in the same house.) She is now in her 40's, had a decent opportunity to clean her act up, but couldn't stay away from the drugs. Blew it, big time. She has had at least one good job. Making good money, supporting herself, and kids, but quit because it dried out her hands. That and she couldn't go out and party if she worked evenings, or midnights.

Take responsibility for your own actions. Be it law enforcement or civilian. Quit blaming some one elese. For the parents out there, do your best to stay involved in what your kids are into. Teach them to pay attention to detail. If you want to scare them, take them to a drug clinic, not the Betty Ford either. Pick the most rancid place you can find, scare the crap out of them. If that is what it takes for them to see where/how addicts end up, then it may pay off in the long run.

Sorry for the rant. It all comes down to you.

Later,

Steve

Steve,

I hear what you are saying but if the guy runs, go get his a$$! I'm sure the guy wasn't running because he knew the cop was after him because he just bought too much ephadrine. He doen't sound that smart! I as a citizen want ALL criminals apprehended.

As far as the drugs, obviously you should be congratulated on your own choices! I know they probably weren't always easy. However, some people need protected from drug pushers. They don't have the strength of conviction that you obviously had. You are right - I does start with your own choices.

Decent story Steve....I think you drifted off topic a little thou.
My bottom line is.....a crime was comitted.....we cant just let them go .
We cant . Until the law is changed , by we the people....we have to investigate,apprehend,and prosecute.

We cant pick and choose...if the cops start pickin' an' choosin' who gets chased and arrested....it wont lead to good things .

If its a crime....its a crime....we cant let them go .

You said is a high speed chase worth it....YES .

If that shid ends up in our children . Yes,to me,its worth it.

YES STEVE....we can all make our own choices .

I would prefer the removal of all these drugs....so we , and our children are'nt even faced with that type of decision .

A BAD PERSON....like our topic subject here(Harley Guy)
is most likely not a real good contributer towards society.
Probably not payin' his taxes , probably not stopping at intersections filled with children , who knows what .
I WANT THEM GONE . I dont care why they do it . I dont care if they had a shiddy childhood . ITS NOT OUR FAULT.
ITS NOT THE FAULT OF SOCIETY . You said it yerself Steve...we can all make the choice . EXCEPT the childen.

I WANT Mr. SCUMBAG gone....

If its a crime......its a crime....

Ok, it may just be me but, everyone here is calling this guy a scumbag for going to a store a buying a large amount of a legal drug, none of us know what he was buying it for. Maybe he ran because he has a few unpaid tickets, expired plates, a Ghost Rider moment or who knows what. If the guy who was running from the police was the one who hit the truck or even killed by the truck, some people here probly would have said its the cops fault for chasing him, and if he hadnt the guy on the harley would still be ok. I have heard it before. There are a hell of a lot of people on the hayabusa boards who have bragged about running from the police, what if one of them would have been in the place of the "harley guy".

IF the cop had stoped or yeilded at that stop sign he may be avoided the accident and even be able to continue pursuit. And also if the officer had his lights and sirens on the driver of the truck should have been aware of them and pulled over or stopped and looked around.

Personally I always pull over, unless the cop is on the other side of the highway and I have immediate access to an off-ramp. I never run from the police, but i do try to avoid them when at all possible.

This thread has gone a long way on talking about drugs, its pure speculation.

Umm don't be offended but there's a pretty big difference between driving an ambulance to the hospital as quickly and as safely as possible and diving a police vehicle in pursuit of  a person that resfuses to pull over. Your patient is of no danger to you or the vehicles around him. The guy who would not stop, obviously is engaging in unlawful acts such as not stopping for an police officer and driving dangerously.

A: you are saying saving a life or lives is not as important as pursuing alledged crimminals?

B:The point was that If people have problems spooting a large relatively slow moving vehicle like an ambulance that spotting and reacting to a small fast moving motorcycle may have taken more time than the pick up driver had. Also I know this from personal experience as opposed to speculation on my part.

C: Agian I was answering a question as to my experience or qualification for my point of view.

D: No offense taken, can't have a good discussion if one takes offense at every difference of opinion.

Keep it Shiny side.

fireskull.gif

The cops in Ventura have switched to BMW's and wear full face flip up lids. Seems to me that this accident could have been avoided if the cop had been using better judgement. Trail the guy, find out where he's going, get his plates and call for backup. There is definately a point when an officer NEEDS to serve the public, and part of that trust is the safety of others.
Trust my experience, meth is bad...it will take you to places that you would never have wanted to go, it's cheap and powerful, and everybody's making it. But instead of busting one biker suspect, wouldn't it have been better to hold out, and bust the whole freakin' lab?
I think marijuana should be legal, but not meth. Meth makes maniacs out of people, they see demons and get all paranoid and psychotic. Trust my knowledge on this, you don't want to legalize this poop! I've been clean and sober for over nine years, and I still can't believe some of the nightmarish stuff that I put myself through in order to maintain my high and my delusions.
I hope the cop gets okay, and eventually catches these tweakers...they need to be stopped, but in order to stop the meth, they have to outsmart the tweakers...They are a devious, evil lot, and it's going to take more than one arrest to put even a dent in meth production.

Who knows, if the officer had caught him, he may very well have saved a life. Those types of drugs are killing people every day. All speculation for sure but you never know. An ambulance going to the hospital is JUST as important as catching criminals in my book. No more...no less! Not every patient is dying and not every criminal is dangerous. They are of qual importance.

I'm just glad that there are people devoted to being both a police officer and a ambulance driver! Both are very important!

Being chased for buying a legal substance: Wrong.
Running from the cops: Wrong.
Bad judgment from both.
How many innocent people should be hurt to put one person behind bars?

In Thailand they execute drug dealers! We should do that here also! If they are caught dealing to undercover police, they I don't believe they even get a trial. Just a DOE. If there weren't so many winebag, bleeding hearts, for poor, poor so and so, (untill it happens directly to them) there would be less abuse of policy. (for lack of better terms)

I don't want drugs/drug dealers/meth cookers or anything of that type on my streets either.

Later,

Steve

TOO BAD ABOUT THE OFFICER. GRANTED THE PO PO CAN BE A THORN IN THE SIDE AT TIMES, BUT THIS JUST ISNT COOL. I AGREE WITH THE WHOLE HARLEY ISSUE. HOPEFULLY THE COP RECOVERS AND THE DEPARTMENT CONSIDERS SOME OF THE FUNDAGE TO UPGRADE THE EQUIPMENT AND DOWNGRADE THE MAYOR'S BMW.

Ok you guys are going to hate me for this, but I'm going to add a little fuel to the fire. My brother who is a cop in CO. Told me that the the guy(big time criminal (scumbag)biker as some people have called him has never been convicted of a serious crime or even a half ass crime, Yeah he has been arrested before for traffic violations and some little petty misdemeaners. it has mostly been driving related crimes,he is never spent any time in a jail ever. so maybe we shouldn't kill him quite yet, but maybe take away his driving privledges indefinitely. Sounds like the cop he knew him perhaps wanted to bust his balls more than anything. That should add a whole new twist to things.

This is the article that I pulled from the local Newspaper's website.

<span style='color:chocolate'>Police arrest man sought in cop crash
By News Staff
July 11, 2003

A 34-year-old man wanted in connection with an accident that critically injured an Englewood police officer was arrested without incident Thursday in a Denver motel.

Members of the Denver SWAT team, working with Englewood police negotiators, took Stephen Cavender into custody about 2 p.m. at the Best Western Motel near Interstate 70 and Pecos Street.

He was being held on a $250,000 bond for felony vehicular eluding, unlawful possession of material to make methamphetamine and amphetamine, and conspiracy to manufacture a controlled substance.

Cavender had been sought by authorities since July 2.

Officer Brian Mueller crashed his motorcycle while chasing Cavender after he left a department store with a large amount of ephedrine, an over-the-counter ingredient used in the making of illegal methamphetamine.</span>

There is no mention of any of the stuff that your brother mentioned. Where did he get his information?

Back