Police Officer Killed.

GNBRETT

Registered
Police Officer Killed

what NOT to do on a motor vehicle stop! ASSuming the rear seat passenger was not armed is what got this officer killed. but he had (2) cover officers on scene that did absolutely nothing to help prevent this from happening and (1) of them was a Sergeant. shame on the Sergeant!

lackadaisical policing results in officers not going home to their familes as a result.

its just hard to believe these days that officers still handle occupants of vehicles in this manner. the officer was shot in the head and killed instantly. RIP.

you can also see that one of the cover officers is holding his Taser in his hand as he is running around the car getting away from the shooter. under stress officers often pull their Taser vs. their gun which is why the Taser should always be located on your weak side.

my Taser is located on my left side hip and NOT on my belt which makes it near impossible to draw with my strong hand. sometimes being located on ones belt on the weak side often results in officers still drawing their Taser from their belt under stress. this being because you draw your Taser far more often then you draw your gun.

police release dashcam video of fatal officer shooting - YouTube[/url]

LiveLeak.com - Video Released of Fatal Ark Officer Shooting

Fatal Shooting at Ark. T-Stop - Videos - POLICE Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP Officer, i cant believe they let him sit back there in the car that long, seems like the other 2 officers would have had him out questioning him.

Unbelievable . . . made me even more sick reading some of the comments of the vid. How the **** does someone think like this?

This is an awful thing to see :banghead:

However, that disgrace of a human being's life is definately OVER!

Speechless. Rip.

Difficult to comment without offending anyone or placing blame but his backups ran like kids instead of watching his back or returning fire. It took them more time to turn and run over each other than defend themselves or the officer down.

That is very saddening, especially the officer begging for his life. I hope the two "cover" officers pick a new profession.

They made lots of rookie mistakes:

Driver should have never been removed from vehicle with other occupants left in vehicle.

The cover officers should have been on each side of car watching passengers..

The officer that was shot didn't shine his light in the car at all prior to removing any passengers..

I have lots more I could point out, having stood in their shoes. I have a brother trying to get into the NC HWY PATROL right now and I talk to him about this stufff all the time..

Positions of authority need to understand the public doesn't give a ****. They need to stay atttentive start to finish of the stop..I pray for the officers family and all officers on duty everytime they leave home..

Trained Police....making mistakes?? This time it landed on the side of the cops life. Support and prayers to his family.

I am deeply saddened and outraged by this video......curious if the shooter eventually got caught? I hope he never sees the outside world ever again.

RIP!!!! It sucks to see these videos.!! I hope other officers can learn from it.

Re: Police Officer Killed

what NOT to do on a motor vehicle stop! ASSuming the rear seat passenger was not armed is what got this officer killed. but he had (2) cover officers on scene that did absolutely nothing to help prevent this from happening and (1) of them was a Sergeant. shame on the Sergeant!

lackadaisical policing results in officers not going home to their familes as a result.

its just hard to believe these days that officers still handle occupants of vehicles in this manner. the officer was shot in the head and killed instantly. RIP.

you can also see that one of the cover officers is holding his Taser in his hand as he is running around the car getting away from the shooter. under stress officers often pull their Taser vs. their gun which is why the Taser should always be located on your weak side.

my Taser is located on my left side hip and NOT on my belt which makes it near impossible to draw with my strong hand. sometimes being located on ones belt on the weak side often results in officers still drawing their Taser from their belt under stress. this being because you draw your Taser far more often then you draw your gun.

police release dashcam video of fatal officer shooting - YouTube[/url]

LiveLeak.com - Video Released of Fatal Ark Officer Shooting

Fatal Shooting at Ark. T-Stop - Videos - POLICE Magazine

RIP to the fallen officer. Another officer died in this area as well, he crashed chasing attempted car jacking subjects.

Second Suspect Sought in Fatal Officer Crash | NBC4 Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
I am deeply saddened and outraged by this video......curious if the shooter eventually got caught? I hope he never sees the outside world ever again.

RIP policeman, i actually choose not to watch this through, i just hope the backseat guy was caught and sent to the Electric chair.

as to the first cop shot... damn. if it wasn't a high risk stop, i don't know that standard practice is to pull all passengers.

it really went south after that though. once shots were fired... very very bad. i want to believe that there was a combination of complacency and not enough training that is shown here.

but... really hard to say. until one is looking down the barrel of a hostile weapon... all conjecture.

prayers for the fallen in the line of duty.

RIP...i think we can all learn from this because in essence it applies to life in general; you always have to be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are especially when on your bike.....you slack off for a second and the unexpected can take your life just as easy.

Back