Motorcycle Killed My Son

Sorry for the loss, death of a family member or dear friend is always tragic and life changing.

Bottom line to operating/riding/driving (insert correct words here), NOBODY WILL EVER MAKE ANY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT (insert piece of equipment here) 100% IDIOT PROOF.
NOT EVEN AN ORGANIZATION AS LARGE AS THE GOVERNMENT.

Sincerely,

May God bless this mother and give her peace in her heart.

And to the Son, Good luck and Gods Speed, may he rest easy in the grace of God.

If hed bought a 350z or a Supra and done the same thing...would she be on the same crusade? Not being able to handle a vehicle and not being able to handle a vehicle are the same thing. You cant "look back and smile at your friends" driving anything with that kind of power and get good results.

ok this is bull, her son was an idiot. Its not the bike its the kid.

And she said
"They’re targeting 16 to 30 year old kids" I want to see a 30 year old kid,:rofl:. But it sux what happend but becuase of her stupid kid they dont need to mess with sport bikes. More people die walking on the street and getting hit by a car then bikes. I mean if u do that then all trucks, SUV, and any big vehicle should be illegal becuase its too dangerous for people that walk. Oh and make people that walk wear helmets too. I mean really. She just need to say her kid was an idiot that DIDNT respect the bike and its power.

Sorry for the loss lady but who are you to change laws about bikes, there is plenty of mature riders here. So dont blame the bike, blame your own son. :moon:

There is a big problem when you try and legislate sanity.
A stupid kid will kill himself in a car, scuba diving, sky diving, mountain climbing, skate boarding, tobogganing, hang gliding, para sailing, swimming, bicycling, go carting, etc etc.
Do we really want the government to enter every area of our lives and legislate how all our activities should be performed?
To protect us from what….ourselves?
All of our activities can be performed with a large margin of safety, if we choose.
Absolute safety takes the thrill and interest out of the activity, and then it is just boredom.
The danger makes the excitement.
They say people want to experience danger without being hurt (rollercoasters etc) but even they have some small percentage of risk.
That Mom wants to lock her son up away from all the danger, and he would be sitting in his basement with his friends and be fooling around with a knife, or playing with fireworks, or playing with the wall plug to make sparks etc., and still be able to kill himself.
We all ride bigger, faster bikes than him and we all know that some of us will buy it, and that is the risk we take.
I have told my family “ it is all worth it for me, even the final crash”
I don’t want to go, and am as careful as I can be, but I won’t sit home because it is too dangerous.

JMO

I think it's the tractor trailer's fault, let's get all of them all the roads, or maybe the city's fault for putting up the stop sign, cause then it wouldn't have been there for him to run. Just more ot the, "it's not my fault culture of America". I can't stand people who won't take responsibility for their actions!

I am always amazed at how stupid we as humans can be. This promising young man paid a huge price for just a moments inattention to the details of what he was about. Obviously an experienced rider...knew about balance, accleration, etc...but the terrible fact is there are always consequences for actions...and just for that moment he got a little testosterone crazed, giddy over the speed...and bam...it is all over. I remember reading a thread several weeks ago by an org member where he said bikes are absolutely unforgiving of stupidity...it is so true.
We all ride one of the most lethal machines there is. ..I have the deepest respect for my machine. I know that she could kill me in a heartbeat if I get stupid or inattentive. Sometimes I think these young guys just don't understand the physics of horsepower/vehicle weight and mortality. The truth of the matter, as I have witnessed a thousand times in the hospital, is that the human body is really quite easy to damage. I've seen people loose a hand due to a dirty splinter that they didn't clean or pay attention to until it was too septic. It doesn't take much to break a neck either.
I pray for the mom that she will in time understand what really happened....not a stupid kid...not a stupid motorcycle...maybe a bad decision for just a few seconds...a bit unlucky having the truck pull out at just the wrong time...and game over. If you haven't had someone you really really love die at an early age there is no way for you to know how painful and devastating it is...senseless death and her life will never be the same. Rest in peace, Max!!!

Do we really want the government to enter every area of our lives and legislate how all our activities should be performed? To protect us from what?.ourselves?
JMO[/QUOTE]

Ya it's Called "Communism"...... I will not Speak ill of the dead!(MAY YOU REST IN PIECE), However; Come On...MOM; She's Mad at the government....WTF? All i can say is i hope someday (VERY)soon she pull's her head out of her :moon: and realises there where OTHER factor's the ultimately CAUSED this awful accident. And furthermore i dont understand how ANYONE on here could ever want more legislation B/S in the motorcycle world! I dont care how many liberal's you get to stand up on a :soapbox: and beg for more dictatorship/LAW's......it will not FIX People! It doesn't matter weather he was on a SV650, R6, or a 800hp busa.......THE RIDER STILL CONTROLS THE THROTTLE!!!! People die just as easy @ 30mph as at 130mph. We need to keep all these "red diaper doper babies" the hell out of our community, or its going to turn into another "right NOT to bear arm's political headace" :firing: :firedevil: :firedevil: JMHO!!!!!

Do we really want the government to enter every area of our lives and legislate how all our activities should be performed? To protect us from what?.ourselves?
JMO

Ya it's Called "Communism"...... I will not Speak ill of the dead!(MAY YOU REST IN PIECE), However; Come On...MOM; She's Mad at the government....WTF? All i can say is i hope someday (VERY)soon she pull's her head out of her :moon: and realises there where OTHER factor's the ultimately CAUSED this awful accident. And furthermore i dont understand how ANYONE on here could ever want more legislation B/S in the motorcycle world! I dont care how many liberal's you get to stand up on a :soapbox: and beg for more dictatorship/LAW's......it will not FIX People! It doesn't matter weather he was on a SV650, R6, or a 800hp busa.......THE RIDER STILL CONTROLS THE THROTTLE!!!! People die just as easy @ 30mph as at 130mph. We need to keep all these "red diaper doper babies" the hell out of our community, or its going to turn into another "right NOT to bear arm's political headace" :firing: :firedevil: :firedevil: JMHO!!!!![/QUOTE]

You've made some good points but it
s funny how the same people that revolt against the government sticking its nose in everybody's personal life take the helmet law to the heart, and call the others who fight for personal freedom stupid! It shouldn't be a double standard based on the topic at hand. You are either in favour of preserving our rights as free men or you're not. One should not pick and choose. Do you, or anybody that you know, wear a helmet while taking a shower? I mean heck, one could slip and brake his neck ! Haven't you noticed that all the "good "guys wear helmets? Cops, firefighters, soldiers, etc Why not wear a helmet while driving a car for crying out loud? After all cars account for 98% of all vehicles on the road.

This reminds me off a sleding accident that happened 3 or 4 years ago. This couple took their kids sleding in a popular park that has been used for decades for sleding in the winter. A year or so before the city removed a section of trees to allow more poeple to use it in the winter. Well this couple took thier kids and one of them hits a tree and dies. They end up sueing the city and won. So now nobody can sled in any city park anymore.

It's easy to place the blame everywhere but where it really belongs, and that's on the person that decides they want climb on a machine and go triple the speed limit and kill him/her self, or even worse, some innocent person because their to ignorant to obey the law. Moms is just in denial, I bet she's read comments like the ones posted here from all over the net about this accident.

Last edited:
Ya it's Called "Communism"...... I will not Speak ill of the dead!(MAY YOU REST IN PIECE), However; Come On...MOM; She's Mad at the government....WTF? All i can say is i hope someday (VERY)soon she pull's her head out of her :moon: and realises there where OTHER factor's the ultimately CAUSED this awful accident. And furthermore i dont understand how ANYONE on here could ever want more legislation B/S in the motorcycle world! I dont care how many liberal's you get to stand up on a :soapbox: and beg for more dictatorship/LAW's......it will not FIX People! It doesn't matter weather he was on a SV650, R6, or a 800hp busa.......THE RIDER STILL CONTROLS THE THROTTLE!!!! People die just as easy @ 30mph as at 130mph. We need to keep all these "red diaper doper babies" the hell out of our community, or its going to turn into another "right NOT to bear arm's political headace" :firing: :firedevil: :firedevil: JMHO!!!!!

s funny how the same people that revolt against the government sticking its nose in everybody's personal life take the helmet law to the heart, and call the others who fight for personal freedom stupid! It shouldn't be a double standard based on the topic at hand. You are either in favour of preserving our rights as free men or you're not. One should not pick and choose. Do you, or anybody that you know, wear a helmet while taking a shower? I mean heck, one could slip and brake his neck ! Haven't you noticed that all the "good "guys wear helmets? Cops, firefighters, soldiers, etc Why not wear a helmet while driving a car for crying out loud? After all cars account for 98% of all vehicles on the road.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely will i pick a side......"MY SIDE" Of coarse we need to be governed, But there comes a time to fight for the things you want set in place and NOT!, Thats what democracy is all about! Guess thats why you have republics and democratis(to pick "that" side)??? AS far as the issue at hand; i just dont know how someone can say not to let an 18yr old "KID" buy the motorcycle he wants because there too dangerous, but yet have no problems with throwing that same "KID" an M16 and telling him to go fight for our/his FREEDOM....... Hows that for your double standard? AS far as the helmet law goes, HELL YES, i do think they should be worn, and i have never called ANYONE STUPID for choosing not too(Well not out loud anyway's.....i dont think:laugh:) We could split hairs all night long, but that why i said "JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION" :beerchug:

Sad story. RIP.
But too many people look to the gov't for answers to their problems, specifically the fed gov't.
Prevention is always betters than cure but govt regulation is not the answer.

I didn't read the thread so if someone else already said this, I'm sorry.

It really pisses me off that people are so anxious to blame the government all the time. Instead of taking responsibility for themselves, they prefer to have the government make all their decisions for them, protect them from every conceivable danger, and rule their roost. They invite tyrrany by their inability to confront the realities of life.

What people are so willing to have the government do they should be doing in their own homes. She wants the gov't to step in and manage motorcycles. Why didn't she instruct her son? She is avoiding her own responsibility for having not taught her son about this kind of danger. Her son broke the law by not getting a motorcycle endorsement.

I sympathize with her for her loss. I sympathize with her son for having lost his life and a bright future. I assure you, however, the government had laws in place and the son ignored the law. The mother never taught the son about doing things the right way.

After all is said and done, however, the throttle was twisted, not by the crotch rocket but by the rider. If there is responsibility to be borne, it is by the rider and no other. The article said, he took his eyes off the road to wave at his friends. That's just not a good thing, even if you survive the event.

Regardless of any other discussion, accidents do happen. It may not have been anyone's fault, per se, but it happened. In spite of the errors and law-breaking and blaming that is going on, it may not have been anyone's "fault." Preventable? Quite possibly. Faultable? Who knows?

--Wag--

Not much I can say at this point as it has all been said.

Loss of life is tragic, it's never a nice thing but it is life and does happen. Things like this are natures way of weeding out certain people.

I understand she is still grieving but it wasn't the bikes fault. Typical blame someone else for my problems BS.

s funny how the same people that revolt against the government sticking its nose in everybody's personal life take the helmet law to the heart, and call the others who fight for personal freedom stupid! It shouldn't be a double standard based on the topic at hand. You are either in favour of preserving our rights as free men or you're not. One should not pick and choose. Do you, or anybody that you know, wear a helmet while taking a shower? I mean heck, one could slip and brake his neck ! Haven't you noticed that all the "good "guys wear helmets? Cops, firefighters, soldiers, etc Why not wear a helmet while driving a car for crying out loud? After all cars account for 98% of all vehicles on the road.[/QUOTE]
+1 :thumbsup:

Boo Hoo---- Put the responsibility where it belongs. How come nowadays its always someone elses fault. Sometimes ya f'up and pay top $. S---happens to all kinds of people but more often to the dumb ones.

well I understand her pain, due to having my friends get killed on a bike. having said that, its not the bike that killed them, the rider is the one controlling the bike and controls how fast they go, you have to be alert every second on any bike not just a sport bike. I dont think calling this kid an idiot is the right thing to say, he was just inexperienced. Have some respect for the mother of this kid. May he rest in peace.

Back