Picked out the bike for my son

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I want to keep you all informed on where we are with the new bike for my son that you all so generously gave money for. I worked three dealerships Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda and the best deal was from the Honda dealership. I went in looking at the crf70 which had an automatic clutch and 3 speed manual transmission but I became concerned with him outgrowing this bike too soon. I looked at the next level up and it was a CRF80 its what we all dreamed about when we were 10 guys. Manual transmission, clutch, the works I figured that when I was 10 it took me about 45 seconds to figure out the clutch thing and I actually called a few of my old friends and asked them how long it took them and they said the same thing. I didnt want my son to outgrow his new bike and become bored with his new machine. I went home and talked to the wife and we decided that the 80 was the deal. I went to the dealership today to make the deal and WHAMMO I noticed that the 80 was gone but there was another bike in it's place. The dealer told me he was out of the 80's that he had just sold the last one but that he new I wanted a bike and that I was ready to make the deal. The manager came over and like I havent been blessed enough from the members of this board I was shown a new 2003 CRF100 and then I was offered that bike at a price cheaper than the CRF80....  I didnt know what to say, they also offered me 20% off on any apparrel that I purchased for him. Needless to say I am the proud owner of a CRF100F.

You all have no idea how proud I am of the members of this board and those that participated in this project. I have had a hard time with the whole donate to the captain thing. Call it foolish pride or Ego whatever you want I dont take gifts very well. This gift that you started for me has transferred to my son and I will be eternally grateful for your generosity. The dealer was somewhat shocked when I told them the story and my friends and co workers are suprised too. You have raised the bar in my opinion when you made this gesture. We can now say that the world is full of unselfish folks. I have full intentions on telling my son where his bike came from and I want everyone on this board to know that you will have a part of making this the best Christmas a kid could ask for. I am absolutely excited about this and I am looking forward to Christmas in a way that I havent felt since I was a kid. I will post pics of Christmas morning for you all to see and will keep talking about this because it means so much to my family. Words cannot tell of my gratitude but I will say Thank You to everyone..

God Bless you all

Cap

CRF100F.jpg

An excellent choice Caprtain
beerchug.gif
I'm sure your son is going to be very surprised and happy come Christmas morning.

smile.gif
Will be Awhile before anyone outgrows that thing...
thumbs-up.gif

That is a sweet looking machine Captain. I am very glad to be a part of it. He's going to love it.
cool.gif

cool.gif
Cool deal cap looks like ya got a winner there that should last him at least 2 years till he wants more power and to catch more air
wow.gif

Couldn't be more happier for ya, Cap! I so glad that we were able to be a part of your family's happiness...it's a great feeling to be able to help put a smile on a kid's face.

I'm sure that your son will have the brightest smile on Christmas day...kinda like the smile we had on when we first rode the Busa.

Really really happy for you and yer son, Cap....wish I could see the smile on both your faces that day. Have a great Christmas!
smile.gif

I think that is every dad's dream to get his son a dirt bike for Christmas, congrats it shows that your one heck of a dad. Merry Christmas
wink.gif

Good choice, he'll be able to hang with the 100 for a while. Sh#t, I was still having a blast on a XR- 100 when I was a senior in High School. Good luck with it!
biggrin.gif

Congratulations Capt, Happy to help make the holidays bright. I still say such a small gesture on behalf of board members doesn't even come close to showing our gratitude for such a great site.

Merry Christmas, and I hope your son enjoys.

just happy to get to help out in this hole thing.

anytime I can help. Just ask.

Josh

Back